Question about NTU hall!

evancjx

Reaction score
Yes cause it is a new hall, there will not be any hall council or JCRC to organize the orientation camp. Maybe you could be one of the first few directors of the hall.

Anyone got allocated to the newer halls? I got Tamarind Hall and since it's new, I can't find anything about it. :/ Is it safe to assume that there isn't going to be hall camp for us in the newer halls? :(

helppls

Reaction score
not possible. you will stick to your non-aircon single room for one year

Oh man...if i move out within a few months cuz its too hot and reapply again next year, is it true that i will less likely be allocated a room, much less an aircon room?

evancjx

Reaction score
stay in the hall you're allocated, it will be windy at night. just open your curtain and windows.

to stay in hall again next year, go join clubs and subcommittees to get campus involvement points.

Oh man...if i move out within a few months cuz its too hot and reapply again next year, is it true that i will less likely be allocated a room, much less an aircon room?

melona

Reaction score
Hi, anyone going to Hall 9? :)
Also, is it wise to opt out for the hall camp? (but gahh its GoT themed its gonna be so fun) Since I'm already going for 2 other camps, i don't want to exhaust myself into the first week of sch

evancjx

Reaction score
You won't regret joining all the camps. You will meet new friends/people. or maybe your new classmates.

First few weeks of school are not exhaustive.

Hi, anyone going to Hall 9? :)
Also, is it wise to opt out for the hall camp? (but gahh its GoT themed its gonna be so fun) Since I'm already going for 2 other camps, i don't want to exhaust myself into the first week of sch

helppls

Reaction score
I guess because its random. Previously i choose Aircon but i got non-aircon

Yup i chose air con too but luck is not on my side.... ill be staying in the room since its one of the newer halls.thanks for the advice!!

Reaction score
I got allocated the Pioneer Hall. Is it good? My school's SCBE. Seems damn bloody far away if I take a look at it on the map. Hope to hear some advices :s12:

evancjx

Reaction score
SHIKSHINISM!♥'24';109425460 said:
I got allocated the Pioneer Hall. Is it good? My school's SCBE. Seems damn bloody far away if I take a look at it on the map. Hope to hear some advices :s12:

You should consider yourself lucky to be in Pioneer.

Options to go to SCBE:
1. Walk there. Walk towards Hall 1 Bus stop, then up the hill towards Hall 2. Follow the road in between Hall 1 and 2 till you reach the end of the street, up the flight of stairs then you can see the middle of North and South Spine. From there you might be able to get to your school.

2. Red Line Campus Bus. Crescent and Pioneer Residents are lucky that Red line buses are always empty as Red Line somehow "start" from Hall 1 bus stop.

3. Blue Line Campus Bus from Hall 6 Bus stop. Considered quite empty too. The Blue line is just the opposite direction of Red Line.

http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/oad2/NTUMap.pdf
StudentHousingMap.png

Reaction score
You should consider yourself lucky to be in Pioneer.

Options to go to SCBE:
1. Walk there. Walk towards Hall 1 Bus stop, then up the hill towards Hall 2. Follow the road in between Hall 1 and 2 till you reach the end of the street, up the flight of stairs then you can see the middle of North and South Spine. From there you might be able to get to your school.

2. Red Line Campus Bus. Crescent and Pioneer Residents are lucky that Red line buses are always empty as Red Line somehow "start" from Hall 1 bus stop.

3. Blue Line Campus Bus from Hall 6 Bus stop. Considered quite empty too. The Blue line is just the opposite direction of Red Line.

http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/oad2/NTUMap.pdf
StudentHousingMap.png

Thanks for the advice, btw why do you say that being in the Pioneer Hall is lucky? Got what good sh!t other than the empty buses? And btw how are the aircon rates like? I'm staying in a single, air-con room.

Last edited:

evancjx

Reaction score
You can find out what good "sh!t" they have. Live it to believe it.

Each hall got their pros and cons. Good in Sports, Good in Recreational Games, Social Hall, All-rounder hall. Its for me to know and for you to find out.

The rates are on the NTU website.

Make friends and not ememies. Enjoy your hall life :)

SHIKSHINISM!♥'24';109443103 said:
Thanks for the advice, btw why do you say that being in the Pioneer Hall is lucky? Got what good sh!t? And btw how are the aircon rates like? I'm staying in a single, air-con room.

Khqwerty

Reaction score
I signed up for it, but did not go in the end because I just returned from overseas. Guys let's meet and check in together! @walkwithwind @changchingchong , sorry idk how to tag yall LOL

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.