AFTERSHOCK PC - Now featuring Nvidia 10 series graphics cards!

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score
I am quite keen on the P-13 with the EPGU Enclosure with GTX cards. On the laptop's Intel Graphics card itself, sure not able to play much game but at time when need to bring out for some use and no gaming requirement, this is a real good option. Might look at my 3rd Aftershock machines sometime later perhaps. Currently owned a XG13 and a Hypergate :)

xheavenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just placed my order for Prime 15 cos can no longer wait for UX550, and i think UX550 will be quite expensive.

Looking forward to receiving my first Aftershock product :)

chiaRH

Reaction score
just placed my order for Prime 15 cos can no longer wait for UX550, and i think UX550 will be quite expensive.

Looking forward to receiving my first Aftershock product :)

the zenbook pro is estimated to retail around 1.7k to 1.8k sgd

the prime-15 is over 2k

i think you actually ended up buying the more expensive product. Which is actually no surprise since the Prime cant be cheaper than the zenbook given the Prime's superior GPU.

Last edited:

xheavenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the zenbook pro is estimated to retail around 1.7k to 1.8k sgd

the prime-15 is over 2k

i think you actually ended up buying the more expensive product. Which is actually no surprise since the Prime cant be cheaper than the zenbook given the Prime's superior GPU.

I don't see how UX550 can be below 2k.

But anw, still waiting for aftershock to get back to me after paying the deposit

jgyy1990

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am quite keen on the P-13 with the EPGU Enclosure with GTX cards. On the laptop's Intel Graphics card itself, sure not able to play much game but at time when need to bring out for some use and no gaming requirement, this is a real good option. Might look at my 3rd Aftershock machines sometime later perhaps. Currently owned a XG13 and a Hypergate :)

Bought the p-13 without graphics card holder. Waiting 1 week for them to finish assemble.

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know would the EPGU Enclosure works with any Thunderbolt 3 laptops?

chiaRH

Reaction score

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score
looking up the akito node online, there may be firmware/bios compatibility issues, even if the laptop does have TB3

this one really have to bring down to aftershock and test your laptop directly if you want to be safe, as well as consult this
https://www.akitio.com/information-center/node-gpu-compatibility

Hmmm. Thanks. So not a single laptop is yet said to be AkiTio verified compatible. The only ones are the mini-pc Gigabyte GB-BKi7HT-7500 & Intel NUC (NUC6i7KYK, NUC6i7KYB).

So P-13 is also not but tested by Aftershock I guess.

chiaRH

Reaction score
Hmmm. Thanks. So not a single laptop is yet said to be AkiTio verified compatible. The only ones are the mini-pc Gigabyte GB-BKi7HT-7500 & Intel NUC (NUC6i7KYK, NUC6i7KYB).

So P-13 is also not but tested by Aftershock I guess.

i believe the clevo unit for that is N130 or something so probably clevo supports egpu on it (in terms of firmware/bios/etc)

Clevo has other thunderbolt laptops too (like all of aftershock's W series models) but they're older and not sure if there's proper egpu support. If there is, there's bound to be some sort of firmware update needed for the device's thunderbolt connector.

also checked up on their site and it seems they have added some of the stuff first shown at computex

http://www.clevo.com.tw/clevo_prodetail.asp?id=1052&lang=en
this could possibly be the future aftershock S17 or because it is so slim (about 5mm thinner than S17) maybe it will be prime-17

kind of not too into all those angular lines on the lid sides but it seems to be the clevo style now (prime 15 had that aesthetic too), theres even a version with red venting grills (eww)

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.