Kaspersky free antivirus

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you're trying out the free Kaspersky antivirus on Windows, & you're using an iPhone & iTunes, you may face a situation whereupon when backing up your phone, there'll be a prompt from iTunes saying the backup couldn't be completed because of insufficient disk space.

I faced that situation a few days ago after installing Kaspersky free, despite having over 300 GB of free disk space. I uninstalled Kaspersky & then reinstalled Avast; the problem disappeared & I was able to backup my phone on iTunes again w/o issues. So if you face the same issue, just uninstall Kaspersky. This is the only antivirus that gave me this issue. None of other antivirus I've used before gave me such a problem.

Other than this problem no other issues but I only tried it for 2 days.

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought a new laptop a couple of days ago and when I installed Avast on it, it showed that I only had a validity period of 1 month; this is despite me having a registered account on Avast.

I got fed up & uninstalled Avast & installed Kaspersky free on my new Lenovo laptop. Then I backed up my iPhone on iTunes on my news laptop. Now, no issue at all! Going to stick with Kaspersky now.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Thats a strange issue from Avast. Anyway I suppose Kaspersky is lightweight ?

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, Kaspersky free is very lightweight. So far so go. I tested by going to dubious websites: Kaspersky blocked them or if went through, it blocked the websites' download of ads, cookies & suspected malicious files.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.