Fast Forward to LG V30!

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually I will take removal battery than IP68. That's my preferred choice of course. So far all my phones stayed dry. But with all the contenders moving towards IP68, LG has to as well. By looking at things moving now, I think sooner or later LG will cease either the G or V series since the line between them is diminishing.

Jim Moriarty

Reaction score
I don't bring my phone with me to the swimming pool or bathroom, so I don't really need IP68

IDK about the AMOLED screen tho. Hopefully no burn in if they are planning to somehow use it to replace secondary screen.

deckcard

Master Member
Reaction score
Well here is my take on LG for them to be successful
1) warranty - they need to give 2 years warranty for people to gain trust that they have indeed fixed the boot loop issues that having been plaguing the phones.
2) battery life - LG has never been known to have good battery life but this has got to be a priority now that most new phones have good battery management and one of the criteria that people are searching for when buying phone is battery life.
3) go with the flow - LG timing on phone release is really bad.. look at G6 (flagship) still using previous generation CPU. Now they are going to release v30 based on sd835 but other companies already looking at the next generation processor so if they continue this trend they will always be slower than other companies by ½ a generation. Study the roadmap and go with the flow LG! You have to skip ½ a generation and sync yourself with latest technology
4) software - LG is the pioneer in some must hv features such as double tap wake and sleep that a lot of phones followed. They hv some smart location features like turn on or off wifi at home. They should expand this more to include profiles ( sound, bluetooth, wifi, data) vased on location. I'd also like to see more customization on nav buttons like what they hv on OnePlus or the p10 (super nifty thinking out of the box with home button gestures). All these software features make your brand standout and makes user can't live without such features.

Basically, LG needs a revamp if they do not want to continue losing money in their mobile department.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dunno man.....835 vs 836 is a much smaller gap between 821 and 835.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
may get this if it is as gd as samsung..

i dont need samsung pen :)

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yah...can steal market share among those who might find the s8 generation too expensive.
AMOLED screen is rare for LG, less bloat compared to Samsung, and hopefully a relevant SOC - I read Note 8 is still 835. This might just please many who dun like the Samsung bloat.

Jim Moriarty

Reaction score
You are talking like phone providers haven't been copying each other since forever.

I like this better than the S8 obviously. Can't see any real use for That Ridiculously Expensive and Curvy Screen.

mie28

Reaction score
One thing as well is will we be seeing dual sim support with a separate SD Card slot? Really appreciated that in v20.

deckcard

Master Member
Reaction score
One thing as well is will we be seeing dual sim support with a separate SD Card slot? Really appreciated that in v20.

If they removed the removal battery, it is highly unlikely that separate sdcard slot will be included

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe they might implement a card tray like som OPPO phones such as this :o
29329958146_5c9f211acb_h.jpg

This will allow users to have two nano SIM and a micro SD on a phone.

Sent from freestyle using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.