u mean take very long to post? it is normal, my asrock also like that

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got my 1600+ b350 tomahawk yesterday :). The bios load fk slow tho. why ah

Sent from OnePlus 3T using GAGT

How slow is slow?

2nd thing is has the bios been updated.

Lastly. Its not as slow as x99 or x299 on the blue side lol. Wait till you feel those hedt platform, the post is retarding.

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Pepperisk

Reaction score
How slow is slow?

2nd thing is has the bios been updated.

Lastly. Its not as slow as x99 or x299 on the blue side lol. Wait till you feel those hedt platform, the post is retarding.

First time I boot i thought spoil cos it took so long. Then i see internet say first post always take time then i though ok its normal. But after the first post still slower than my i5-3470 post. Usually takes like 15-20 seconds to see the dragon logo.

Haven't updated the bios yet. Installing drivers and stuff took a while last night

Probably not gonna touch HEDT unless I get a job that needs those. Sounds like a nightmare if you turn it on and off everyday. Do people not shut down their HEDT and hibernate instead or something?

Calikura

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought my B350 board was faulty at first, because I was so used to Intel HM87 Express ultrabooks with literally <1s POST times.

That said, recent BIOS updates on the B350 boards I work with have been shortening POST times tremendously. Do check for updates regularly, as the BIOS updates also improve memory compatibility and general performance.

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First time I boot i thought spoil cos it took so long. Then i see internet say first post always take time then i though ok its normal. But after the first post still slower than my i5-3470 post. Usually takes like 15-20 seconds to see the dragon logo.

Haven't updated the bios yet. Installing drivers and stuff took a while last night

Probably not gonna touch HEDT unless I get a job that needs those. Sounds like a nightmare if you turn it on and off everyday. Do people not shut down their HEDT and hibernate instead or something?

TBH, update the BIOS will help. All the current AGESA BIOS are a lot more better.

The initial BIOS is PITA to POST. Worse than blue HEDT CPU.

Pepperisk

Reaction score
updated bios to the june build, which I think is the latest i could find on the msi website. posts slightly faster but not that much. Guess I'll have to live with it.

In other news, XMP profile 2 works. ram run at 3000 mhz :D

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
updated bios to the june build, which I think is the latest i could find on the msi website. posts slightly faster but not that much. Guess I'll have to live with it.

In other news, XMP profile 2 works. ram run at 3000 mhz :D

huh, can run at exact 3k??

Audio

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cannot take it....

Just pre-order a Threadripper 1950X with an Asus X399 Zenith Extreme motherboard....Amazon will ship 10 Aug 2017.

Currently running AMD Ryzen 1800+ on a MSI X370 Xpower Gaming Titanium motherboard.

(Audio)

kero89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any input on the choice of RGB rams for MSI B350M + 1600?

Currently looking at

G.Skill RGB 3000mhz C16D
Corsair RGB 3000mhz C15

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any input on the choice of RGB rams for MSI B350M + 1600?

Currently looking at

G.Skill RGB 3000mhz C16D
Corsair RGB 3000mhz C15

Gskill liao loh. Software better and more customisable.

3200mhz if you can find. From what i know, new stocks will be coming soon.

But also note that your board needs to tweak the ram settings if you are going to use that gskill rgb or corsair rgb. It wont run on the rated speed.

kero89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gskill liao loh. Software better and more customisable.

3200mhz if you can find. From what i know, new stocks will be coming soon.

But also note that your board needs to tweak the ram settings if you are going to use that gskill rgb or corsair rgb. It wont run on the rated speed.

Thanks Roy. actually I just want that bling bling led. 😀 any diff to the new stocks?

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Beware there is problem with the bling bling on Ryzen systems. Heard that it has corrupted the XMP before.

I read somewhere the lighting control protocol, under some circumstance will corrupt the RAM XMP and that stick will have to be RMA. And.... Companies are reluctant to RMA cos XMP supposed to read only.

So I'd advise against it.

I myself bought a pair of gskill 3200 C14, no led

lxsnipexl

Reaction score
I recently got some time after completing my exams ...

Finally updated my BIOS to 3.0 , with the AGESA updated to 1.0.0.6a and my Gskill Trident Z RGB finally runs at 3200Mhz!! Took only 2 months from Ryzen 5 release, not bad!

I the only hickup was i had to change one of the cycle delay timings from 56 (default XMP) to 57 to be able to boot into windows. Stress tested and was all OK.

My games FPS magically gain 5~10 FPS, esp in BF1 multiplayer! HUAT AH

Now need wait long long before can customize the RGB LED ... so far my friends got their Trident RGB customization to work only on ASUS boards.

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Beware there is problem with the bling bling on Ryzen systems. Heard that it has corrupted the XMP before.

I read somewhere the lighting control protocol, under some circumstance will corrupt the RAM XMP and that stick will have to be RMA. And.... Companies are reluctant to RMA cos XMP supposed to read only.

So I'd advise against it.

I myself bought a pair of gskill 3200 C14, no led
Like why Roy do, I do the same too. Leave it at default rgb rainbow wave mode. Then your SPD won't be affected. My kit ran 3 months these way without issue. Don't bother changing it unless to match your build theme. And the corruption don't affect every single person. Just some will hit some don't. Not changing the colour scheme as often will lower your chance of getting SPD corruption.

Sent from PM me if you wanna build a DIY PC or wanna learn how to make one yourself :D using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.