Anytime Fitness Thread

teckgamer

Reaction score
I planning to join AF, aware of the presale discounted price. Im planning to workout in Jurong East but the presale is for clementi. I understand that the membership works across all branches

However, I went to their facebook page and see quite a few complaints on increase in price charge if you port from one place to another, are you guys aware of that?

Like is the membership tied to one place in the contract? (but with access to diff gyms)

I think pre-sale discounted price (Those less than $88 per month) is tied to only specific branch - correct me if I'm wrong.

Another thing to consider is some outlets have GST. So when your membership is transferred to other outlets, you have to pay additional GST on top of your member's price

teckgamer

Reaction score

Used to go there (Bishan and Bukit Batok).

Pro: Affordable, friendly staffs (knew them by names back then)
Cons:
Number of outlets are still below optimal
Not all outlets are 24 hours
Shower facilities were average (maybe they upgraded?)
Too many users (Especially teenagers and young adults - anyway, these are their main customers and hence the pricing strategy they adopt)

Just my opinions on Gymboxx

bbbbbw

Reaction score
Me planning to join anyhow fitness Clementi but I missed 68. Now is 78

Reaction score
to my knowledge, anytime fitness is like this..you can only train at where you signed up for the first mth. thereafter, no restrictions riao.

i got mine at nex AF, not i train at nex AF, hougang AF and AMK (that small mall) AF.

cheers.

teckgamer

Reaction score
to my knowledge, anytime fitness is like this..you can only train at where you signed up for the first mth. thereafter, no restrictions riao.

i got mine at nex AF, not i train at nex AF, hougang AF and AMK (that small mall) AF.

cheers.

For AF, your first month is restricted to the club that you have signed up. Thereafter, your membership is mobile. Depending on which outlet you visit most. And depending on the outlet, you might or might not get charged gst

Reaction score
For AF, your first month is restricted to the club that you have signed up. Thereafter, your membership is mobile. Depending on which outlet you visit most. And depending on the outlet, you might or might not get charged gst

wa siao eh, i didnt know this. wtf.

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score
wa siao eh, i didnt know this. wtf.

ya..but i think when u sign up,either they would have explain to you.if not, they would have give u a piece of paper,which is the contract tat says the terms and conditions lo..so if u go to another outlet for 60% of ur sign in on the average of 2 months ,ur membership will transfer to there and if tat outlet charges gst,den ur membership will increase for the price.

Another one is the promo price. the presales price of 68/78 per month for 1 year.. after the 1 year contract end, BY RIGHT anytime fitness have the right to change to 88/98 per month iirc. However,the norm is they wont do that la due to them wanting to retain the customer. so lets say ur 68 end already, ur membership transfer to another outlet and just nice that outlet have the culture of changing the price from 68 to 88, you will den be charged 88 if ur membership payment transferred to there lo.

Reaction score
ya..but i think when u sign up,either they would have explain to you.if not, they would have give u a piece of paper,which is the contract tat says the terms and conditions lo..so if u go to another outlet for 60% of ur sign in on the average of 2 months ,ur membership will transfer to there and if tat outlet charges gst,den ur membership will increase for the price.

Another one is the promo price. the presales price of 68/78 per month for 1 year.. after the 1 year contract end, BY RIGHT anytime fitness have the right to change to 88/98 per month iirc. However,the norm is they wont do that la due to them wanting to retain the customer. so lets say ur 68 end already, ur membership transfer to another outlet and just nice that outlet have the culture of changing the price from 68 to 88, you will den be charged 88 if ur membership payment transferred to there lo.
wa thanksssssss

stresskiddo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

so let's say if i want to join a outlet that charges $88/mth, it's a better deal if i head to a presale outlet, sign the 68/78 promo and transfer membership over ?

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score
so let's say if i want to join a outlet that charges $88/mth, it's a better deal if i head to a presale outlet, sign the 68/78 promo and transfer membership over ?

Yes.. after 1 month,u can access other outlets.. transfer the 68 over too by accessing other outlet for 60% or more on average of 2 months.. In addition, because u are still under the 1 year contract, they cannot change u to 88 "YET"..

ethanspur

Reaction score
Me planning to join anyhow fitness Clementi but I missed 68. Now is 78

pass by the booth at Clementi just now. Was told by early next week, should be only left with 88. Quite crowded when I was chatting to them.

bbbbbw

Reaction score
Can check if must pay extra $68 for key fob?
Now is $78 before GST.

Both prices before GST

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score
Can check if must pay extra $68 for key fob?
Now is $78 before GST.

Both prices before GST

hmm iirc, for the key fob, ALWAYS NEED to pay for it one. 68 dollars... regardless got promotion,pre sales or not. the keyfob only pay one time. The only things that got discount or promo usually either is the membership rate or the admin fee.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.