MS surface pro 4 in singapore?

meekiatah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has a reliable shop I can go to to get my SP4 checked? It's my primary comp and I can't afford sending it back to MS for servicing. Thanks.

So far, I'm using it with Logitech mouse/keyboard combo at home and office, so working at desk is still ok. But, it's working outside that's handicapping me without the use of the typecover. Haizzz...

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
Jialat. I tried my typecover on my boss SP4 and it's working. Seems like it's my sp4 port having issue. Last night tried cleaning it with alcohol swipes and it's not working.

Tonight gonna try reset my SP4 and hope that it's just some erratic driver that's causing the issue.
Got do the two button shutdown /reset?

meekiatah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, shutdown, 2 buttons for 15 secs, in the process go into UEFI mode, then blank screen, then normal power up.

Tested my keyboard with my boss SP4 and it's working. So, it seems that it's the port.

Googled and read some said that Creator Update brick the keyboard port, but couldn't find anything concrete.

silencer22

Reaction score
Yes, shutdown, 2 buttons for 15 secs, in the process go into UEFI mode, then blank screen, then normal power up.

Tested my keyboard with my boss SP4 and it's working. So, it seems that it's the port.

Googled and read some said that Creator Update brick the keyboard port, but couldn't find anything concrete.
similar for me

my keyboard stops responding after the update

If you go into the device manager, show hidden devices, your keyboard type cover driver should appear. If the driver not showing up, likely win10 not loading your driver.

similar issue happened to my office sp4, did the 2 buttons reset, and it worked.
but cant get my personal one to work thou

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has a reliable shop I can go to to get my SP4 checked? It's my primary comp and I can't afford sending it back to MS for servicing. Thanks.

So far, I'm using it with Logitech mouse/keyboard combo at home and office, so working at desk is still ok. But, it's working outside that's handicapping me without the use of the typecover. Haizzz...
msft lets you have a replacement set, later call for collection of faulty set

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went to h20 mobile to get a casing and a screen protector....

SFPRO4_CLOSED_BLK_PT01.png

uag-rugged-case-mobiledemand-surface-pro-4.jpg

meekiatah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So I tried to send my SP4 (out of warranty) for servicing for the (suspected) connector port bricked by Win 10 update.

Need to pay $638 for a replacement set. Really find it hard to swallow after all the googling indicate the dead connector port is caused by Win 10 Creator Update, and here I've to pay $638 just to have it fixed.

Instead I got a Brydge keyboard. True, it added weight (almost x2) but at least I can use it on my lap like a proper laptop.

This will be my last Surface from Microsoft.

Posted with MHA-L29 via PCWX

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So I tried to send my SP4 (out of warranty) for servicing for the (suspected) connector port bricked by Win 10 update.

Need to pay $638 for a replacement set. Really find it hard to swallow after all the googling indicate the dead connector port is caused by Win 10 Creator Update, and here I've to pay $638 just to have it fixed.

Instead I got a Brydge keyboard. True, it added weight (almost x2) but at least I can use it on my lap like a proper laptop.

This will be my last Surface from Microsoft.

Posted with MHA-L29 via PCWX

Actually, I was aiming to get either a XPS13 or the stealth blade. If this surface buang, I would get a laptop in the future.... :D

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jin jia lat man this SP4, everytime i shut down, few days later i try to start up, always battery drained completely. wth.

i disabled the fastboot also same result.

anyone has any solution to this seriously annoying issue?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.