Omg. 1080Ti and BenqXL2411Z

blecap

Reaction score
Just got the 1080Ti and my monitor does not have any Displayport at all. No wonder I kept scratching my head why the refresh rate is stuck at 60fps@1080 resolution. I've browse that many users are also having the issues and some terms are a little chim.

Some said getting certain adapters that cost over 100+ will not get me back that native refresh rate of my monitor.

Some said just get a Asus/Acer 27" model that supports 1440p(The future) but that is kinda what I like at 1440p resolution.

Really need advices if there are ways to save some money before getting a new monitor or any aftermarket 1080Ti card that actually has that port to go with my current monitor? Gum xia!

Last edited:

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
Just got the 1080Ti and my monitor does not have any Displayport at all. No wonder I kept scratching my head why the refresh rate is stuck at 60fps@1080 resolution. I've browse that many users are also having the issues and some terms are a little chim.

Some said getting certain adapters that cost over 100+ will not get me back that native refresh rate of my monitor.

Some said just get a Asus/Acer 27" model that supports 1440p(The future) but that is kinda what I like at 1440p resolution.

Really need advices if there are ways to save some money before getting a new monitor or any aftermarket 1080Ti card that actually has that port to go with my current monitor? Gum xia!

My assist will be limited since you did not list any specs like most of us in HWZ forum do. It will help a lot for people who wants to help you especially what brand and model your 1080 Ti is.

Basically the easiest way is to just check your manual. It clearly states there that in order to achieve 1080p at 144/120Hz, you are supposed to use the included DVI-D Dual Link cable that came with your monitor and use that instead of HDMI since your HDMI port is limited to 1080p at 60Hz.

My 1080Ti comes with 3 Display Ports, 1 HDMI and 1 DVI-D Dual Link port. So all you have to do is connect the cable to the DVI-D Dual Link port on both your 1080Ti and Monitor. The end.

Anything else, you can consult the monitor manual on page 29 and 30 which states how to set your Windows to refresh at 144Hz with the DVI-D Dual Link cable.

The user manual can be found on your monitor's downloads page. Download it there and check the following page that I've mentioned.
http://www.benq.com.sg/product/monitor/xl2411z/downloads/

blecap

Reaction score
My assist will be limited since you did not list any specs like most of us in HWZ forum do. It will help a lot for people who wants to help you especially what brand and model your 1080 Ti is.

Basically the easiest way is to just check your manual. It clearly states there that in order to achieve 1080p at 144/120Hz, you are supposed to use the included DVI-D Dual Link cable that came with your monitor and use that instead of HDMI since your HDMI port is limited to 1080p at 60Hz.

My 1080Ti comes with 3 Display Ports, 1 HDMI and 1 DVI-D Dual Link port. So all you have to do is connect the cable to the DVI-D Dual Link port on both your 1080Ti and Monitor. The end.

Anything else, you can consult the monitor manual on page 29 and 30 which states how to set your Windows to refresh at 144Hz with the DVI-D Dual Link cable.

The user manual can be found on your monitor's downloads page. Download it there and check the following page that I've mentioned.
http://www.benq.com.sg/product/monitor/xl2411z/downloads/

Oops, Mine is the https://www.zotac.com/us/product/graphics_card/zotac-geforce-gtx-1080-ti#spec

I didn't know anything bout the Displayport stuff. Sigh. It does come with a in-box adapter, I connect them to it but somehow it doesn't show anything higher still.

That's what I'm confused on the 3 display port you mentioned. Is my card only 2? Seems like yours is the Amp extreme which I actually wanted to get GRRRR. but they said performance just a little bit higher(correct me if I am wrong). I can go back and change I guess since I only got them yesterday.

If I change to your card model, am I still able to achieve my native 144hz?

tak1985

Reaction score
hmm the link shows that your 1080ti has 3 display ports, and xl2411 also shld have a display port. connect to the display port of the xl2411 u shld get 144hz?

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually what so difficult to connect them to your 1080ti?

That monitor has a display port. Why cant you just buy the display port cable to connect to it? You will get 144hz from that.

blecap

Reaction score
Actually what so difficult to connect them to your 1080ti?

That monitor has a display port. Why cant you just buy the display port cable to connect to it? You will get 144hz from that.

Wah I very confused. I'm not sure which exact cable to get to get that 144@1080p. Mind pointing out? I googled them and see all the looks I gong ki liao.

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
hmm the link shows that your 1080ti has 3 display ports, and xl2411 also shld have a display port. connect to the display port of the xl2411 u shld get 144hz?

The BenQ XL2411Z does not come with a DisplayPort. The only connections are D-Sub socket, DVI-D socket and HDMI socket.

Oops, Mine is the https://www.zotac.com/us/product/graphics_card/zotac-geforce-gtx-1080-ti#spec

I didn't know anything bout the Displayport stuff. Sigh. It does come with a in-box adapter, I connect them to it but somehow it doesn't show anything higher still.

That's what I'm confused on the 3 display port you mentioned. Is my card only 2? Seems like yours is the Amp extreme which I actually wanted to get GRRRR. but they said performance just a little bit higher(correct me if I am wrong). I can go back and change I guess since I only got them yesterday.

If I change to your card model, am I still able to achieve my native 144hz?

The in-box adaptor that comes with your Zotac graphics card that you've mentioned is not a Dual Link DVD-D adaptor. Thus, it is not going to be able to send the full 144Hz at 1080p. It is a Single Link adaptor.

The problem here is that your card only has DP and HDMI ports and you are missing the DVI-D Dual Link port. That is why you have this issue.

You only have a few choices left.

1) You can either buy an expensive DisplayPort to DVI-D Dual Link adapter. And also have a DVI-D Dual Link cable.

2) Sell your monitor to console gamers who can leverage the 1080p 60Hz HDMI port and then buy a new monitor that has DisplayPort.

3) You can also sell your Graphics Card and replace it with a 1080Ti that has the DVI-D Dual Link port but with that kind of monitor, best to just change the monitor instead. So not a recommended option.

Best is to just go with option 2. The cost of the adapter can nab you a new monitor instead anyway since it is extremely rare for people to try to connect high end graphics cards with old outdated display interfaces.

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah I very confused. I'm not sure which exact cable to get to get that 144@1080p. Mind pointing out? I googled them and see all the looks I gong ki liao.

Its called "display port cable" got so difficult mah?

Go to sim lim square, find UF technology, ask aunty, "ler wu display port cable bo?" Settle.

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The BenQ XL2411Z does not come with a DisplayPort. The only connections are D-Sub socket, DVI-D socket and HDMI socket.

The in-box adaptor that comes with your Zotac graphics card that you've mentioned is not a Dual Link DVD-D adaptor. Thus, it is not going to be able to send the full 144Hz at 1080p. It is a Single Link adaptor.

The problem here is that your card only has DP and HDMI ports and you are missing the DVI-D Dual Link port. That is why you have this issue.

You only have a few choices left.

1) You can either buy an expensive DisplayPort to DVI-D Dual Link adapter. And also have a DVI-D Dual Link cable.

2) Sell your monitor to console gamers who can leverage the 1080p 60Hz HDMI port and then buy a new monitor that has DisplayPort.

3) You can also sell your Graphics Card and replace it with a 1080Ti that has the DVI-D Dual Link port but with that kind of monitor, best to just change the monitor instead. So not a recommended option.

Best is to just go with option 2. The cost of the adapter can nab you a new monitor instead anyway since it is extremely rare for people to try to connect high end graphics cards with old outdated display interfaces.

You can explained to him all day, he wont understand.

He needs a straight forward answer.

blecap

Reaction score
You can explained to him all day, he wont understand.

He needs a straight forward answer.

Now you see why I'm confused? I do not have the DP on my monitor. Hence, Lilasn explained while I googled and still can't connect A to B with all the stupid different type of ports lah.

I also said in my post that many people has the same issue with my setup, my friend also said just get a new monitor last night after he checked but I just wanted to check here again since he's still aslp. I intend to get the Acer Predator XB271HU.

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
Now you see why I'm confused? I do not have the DP on my monitor. Hence, Lilasn explained while I googled and still can't connect A to B with all the stupid different type of ports lah.

I also said in my post that many people has the same issue with my setup, my friend also said just get a new monitor last night after he checked but I just wanted to check here again since he's still aslp. I intend to get the Acer Predator XB271HU.

Try this first.

"1080Ti DisplayPort" -> "DP to DVI-D Adaptor" (comes with your 1080Ti) -> "DVI-D cable" (comes with your monitor) -> "XL2411Z DVI-D port"

sIYBc3R.png

But if you already did this, then ya. Follow my next advice. Upgrade to Acer Predator XB271HU.

Last edited:

blecap

Reaction score
Try this first.

"1080Ti DisplayPort" -> "DP to DVI-D Adaptor" (comes with your 1080Ti) -> "DVI-D cable" (comes with your monitor) -> "XL2411Z DVI-D port"

sIYBc3R.png

But if you already did this, then ya. Follow my next advice. Upgrade to Acer Predator XB271HU.

Ya, that is exactly what I did. Guess I will get the new monitor liao. Thanks bro.
Btw, sidetrack a bit here, was told by 2-3 sales dude regarding the performance of 1080Ti, most of them kinda said not much difference, is it true?

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
Ya, that is exactly what I did. Guess I will get the new monitor liao. Thanks bro.
Btw, sidetrack a bit here, was told by 2-3 sales dude regarding the performance of 1080Ti, most of them kinda said not much difference, is it true?

If you are talking about option 3, then ya. Don't take that option. Not much benefits at all since all have Nvidia's GPU boost which will give about 1-5 more fps from each other since all belong in the same family. So don't ever waste your money on this option.

MrMundy

Master Member
Reaction score
Use the dp to DVI adapter la.. one port cannot work, try another 1, in windows, right click > display settings> there's an option to choose the refresh rate

@royfrosty >>> my monitor is the one that has dp, his only has dvi and hdmi

Last edited:

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
at this point, if i were you, i’d just get a 1440p 144hz monitor

1080p with a 1080ti abit sayang

timpeh82

Reaction score
to hit 144hz always for next 3 years on 1080p
1080ti will be enough for him?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.