AMD Vega Reviews

Fatfool

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We knew the story a month ago. Now what is the actual retail price

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The price dont seems to be attractive, despite that AMD themselves did mentioned that the US MSRP of $499, partners may not sell at $499 due to mining.

This makes it effectively more expensive to even buy it now.

The benchmarks were fine, some of it were above GTX1080 while some of it were just below GTX1080. Locally a GTX1080 AIB cards now cost anywhere between low $8xx to high $8xx.

The heat output together with the high power draw, it makes no sense to even buy the Vega 64 at $999. Yet alone the water cooled version at $1149.

If only the water cooled version is priced at $999, and the air cooled version are priced at $8xx region, then only it will look attractive. Especially the liquid cooled version as it is well above the GTX1080 but bellow the GTX1080ti.

However the Vega 56 internal pcb components that GamerNexus reviewed was pretty interesting. It is identical to the Vega 64 VRMS and just choked in power by BIOS. To make things worse, bios flashing will not work. But undervolting the GPU does seems to increase the clock speed and get a nice boost in core clock. Any way, if Vega 56 pricing locally still sux, then it is another wasted attempt to be sold in SG.

Donten

Reaction score
garbage performance for its time. only reason to get it is if you have a freesync monitor.

cephelix

Reaction score
There goes my dream of owning a 64. $999 is very steep. That's the same reason I did not buy a Fury X when it launched.

tak1985

Reaction score
which makes more sense to buy now? nvidia 1070 with a gsync monitor or a vega 56 with freesync monitor?

gsync monitors are usually $100-$200 more expensive than freesync ones, so total cost abt the same at this time?

garbage performance for its time. only reason to get it is if you have a freesync monitor.

Fatfool

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I at PC Themes. Got Bundle le. 2 free games. Don't sell stand-alone sadly.

Also got the usual bundle like US : Ryzen CPU+Mobo+Monitor.

Still, can't justify for $999/ $1149. Yet i wanna do the illogical decision and pull trigger. Lol.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3000 using GAGT

I'm just going to sit a while and see where prices go. Will change my keyboard first as the ficking 'A' key is not working.

Vega or whatever can wait. The last time I saw this kind of short supply at launch was with the Radeon 5870. I knew of it's arrival at the shop before the staff haha.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.