Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

killtuna

Reaction score
I want to buy leather case for Panasonic Lumix LX10.
Any camera accessories shop in Tokyo? Airport?

bluebell_09

Reaction score
can I check if the temp drop from day to night very drastic during Nov? saw that sunset is around 4.30 pm..

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can I check if the temp drop from day to night very drastic during Nov? saw that sunset is around 4.30 pm..

Can be when I was in Tokyo end Nov in 2015. Gets dark very quickly.

Of course cold is subjective. Was around 10-12.

Last edited:

kennysme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody knows if its possible to stay inside the transit area at say Narita from like 9am to 2pm? Got to wait for relative before going out the immigration together.

James Tang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody knows if its possible to stay inside the transit area at say Narita from like 9am to 2pm? Got to wait for relative before going out the immigration together.

Yes you can. Some people stays in the lounge for a long time before going out (not all travel class for the lounge though)

gumbokins

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With the rising yen, is UNIQLO and GU still cheaper? Wondering if worth to make a trip to Ginza to shop

nemo88

Reaction score
With the rising yen, is UNIQLO and GU still cheaper? Wondering if worth to make a trip to Ginza to shop

Only for stuff on sale and in the promo/clearance baskets, and maybe for stuff you can't get in SG. Otherwise I don't feel the price savings is worth hauling Uniqlo stuff back. Rather get other things.

kennysme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was looking at airbnb places, any ideas on where is good area to stay in:
Osaka - Dotonbori?
Kyoto - Gion?
Tokyo - Shinjuku?
is it possible to use bicycles to explore places?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Osaka - Dotonbori?
Kyoto - Gion?
Tokyo - Shinjuku?

do check if airbnb is legalise yet during ur period of travel. it was previous illegal in most parts of japan, but recently they changed the ruling, so i not sure wat is the status

osaka - dotonbori is good... lots of eateries and shops. u can also consider umeda area. many malls and good train connections to most places within and outside osaka

kyoto - u may want to stay near kyoto station coz there may not be much to do at night. alternatively, can stay at osaka and make trips to kyoto

tokyo - shinjuku is good. can consider ueno as well

tokyo and osaka are big cities, probably not so suitable to cycle due to traffic and crowd. easier to just take train to get around
kyoto is getting overcrowded with ppl, not sure if it is suitable for cycling anymore

kitkat2

Reaction score
do check if airbnb is legalise yet during ur period of travel. it was previous illegal in most parts of japan, but recently they changed the ruling, so i not sure wat is the status

what if airbnb isn't legal? what are the implications? get caught and be deported?

i have been going to japan for the past 3 years and stayed at airbnb every time. no problem so far.

unclebutcher

Reaction score
Osaka - Dotonbori?
Kyoto - Gion?
Tokyo - Shinjuku?

I booked a budget place opposite myogadani (near ikebukuro), 2 pax room but share toilet with owner only $40+ per night. budget option cos I prefer to spend $ on food

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what if airbnb isn't legal? what are the implications? get caught and be deported?

i have been going to japan for the past 3 years and stayed at airbnb every time. no problem so far.
Not so serious lah.. Just that u may end up with scrambling to find accom in the last min if ur airbnb kanna shutdown

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
in order to catch hokkaido's cherry blossom, means first week of may? how abt last week of apr?
Just as with other parts of japan, cherry blossom is heng suay one. The periods stated is just based on past norms. So even if u go early may, there may be chances that u cant catch it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.