 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for Citibank SG to join Apple Pay and of course LTA to start trial for Apple Pay to be use in our transport system.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

nicepal

Reaction score
If Apple wants expand it's product sales. I am sure they will be the ones to approach lta instead... well, I don't work there.. so only time will tell.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If Apple wants expand it's product sales. I am sure they will be the ones to approach lta instead... well, I don't work there.. so only time will tell.

highly doubt it
if they want they will do it long ago
look at japan
apple even make a specifc nfc phone for japan market too
as japan using a diff nfc type from sony felica is on all their keitai phone

anyway i m fine with use card to tap too
as use phone to tap wait oops drop and GG
but apple watch to tap is much better more faster

nicepal

Reaction score
True lah...

I am sure Apple's plan is to spread Apple Pay to as many places as possible. As it is probably another source of income. And to make Apple Watch to tap on MRT, I guess that depends on how much $ they can bring in this little Red Dot.

With the Apple Store right here in Singapore, I am sure there will be more development or opportunity in Singapore which Apple is looking at.

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
True lah...

I am sure Apple's plan is to spread Apple Pay to as many places as possible. As it is probably another source of income. And to make Apple Watch to tap on MRT, I guess that depends on how much $ they can bring in this little Red Dot.

With the Apple Store right here in Singapore, I am sure there will be more development or opportunity in Singapore which Apple is looking at.

Yup just hope that LTA will look into mobile payment via Smartphones and Smart watches from Apple Pay to Samsung Pay. Like someone said before Apple Pay for London Tube (iPhones and Apple Watch) and Samsung Pay already works in Korea for 2-3 years for their transport tapping (galaxy phones and Gear S watches), Korean can even do ATM withdraw with Samsung Pay as their ATM machines have NFC reader.

Imagine the future of Singapore transport with all these convenient, one smartphone/smart watch to pay for virtually anything in Singapore from Transport to Food at hawker centre, major supermarkets, restaurants, all shops in shopping malls and even HDB street shops and website implements Apple Pay and Samsung Pay payment framework and we will have the true 100% cashless society.

Do away the need for extra Ezlink card (use only for standalone trip ticket for tourists only) and do away the outdated NFC SIM way which some of them are using on their android phones plus the add for additional ezlink charm accessories for Gear S watches for transport.

Last edited:

tec_geek

Reaction score
Yup just hope that LTA will look into mobile payment via Smartphones and Smart watches from Apple Pay to Samsung Pay. Like someone said before Apple Pay for London Tube (iPhones and Apple Watch) and Samsung Pay already works in Korea for 2-3 years for their transport tapping (galaxy phones and Gear S watches), Korean can even do ATM withdraw with Samsung Pay as their ATM machines have NFC reader.

Imagine the future of Singapore transport with all these convenient, one smartphone/smart watch to pay for virtually anything in Singapore from Transport to Food at hawker centre, major supermarkets, restaurants, all shops in shopping malls and even HDB street shops and website implements Apple Pay and Samsung Pay payment framework and we will have the true 100% cashless society.

Do away the need for extra Ezlink card (use only for standalone trip ticket for tourists only) and do away the outdated NFC SIM way which some of them are using on their android phones plus the add for additional ezlink charm accessories for Gear S watches for transport.

People from other countries could also use Apple Pay if they take the transport here! :s12: (If they wouldn’t mind the bad exchange rates)

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
Huh? It’s not possible for us, what make you think other people (tourists) can use Apple Pay for transport in SG.

Oh what I meant was when in future if Apple Pay works with our transport, tourists can use the transport with their own Apple Pay as well.

Android Pay, Apple Pay and Samsung Pay operate around Visa PayWave and Mastercard PayPass. As long as the terminals can accept these, it will work. So it is more of if companies are open to the idea of adopting contactless cards it will work. No need to go deep into Android Pay, Apple Pay or Samsung pay software or that HORRIBLE NFC SIM CARD THAT TELCO uses to make bucks out of you.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually look at China wechat & alipay
Ya if only can be as good as China method

Even its not using China alipay or whatever maybe pay now can be one
With easy to pay no need to login just Touch ID scan and inpremme to all business like nets exsmple

If not pay now only pay to one to one seem hard to push for it

Sg got too much system to follow

Like dash and pay now and pay wave
Actually paywave system is quite good s its close to most major store accept it only small shops and f&b

F&b using its own system like kopitam but food republic at least they got paywave system now

At least paywave should push for it a its much easy vs pay now need login

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya looks so look alike to Apple Watch but look closer is looks plastic

But its s good start for kids for the smart city scheme

Haahs it's not..

It's a smart watch made for just this posb smart buddy programme which basically works on nets flashpay backbone..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.