Dauntless - co-op Monster Hunting Action RPG

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Dauntless is a co-op, action RPG coming to PC in 2017.
Discover a shattered world, forge powerful weapons, and hunt the ferocious behemoths threatening our survival.
https://playdauntless.com/

System Requirements:
Minimum Spec:
Card: 660Ti (DX11)
CPU: i5 SandyBridge
RAM: 4GB
Target Performance: 720p, Low Settings
Recommended Spec:
Card: GTX 970 (DX11)
CPU: i7 Haswell
RAM: 8GB
Target Performance: 1080p, High Settings
More details about other resolutions, performance benchmarks, and graphics settings to follow at a later date.
https://www.reddit.com/r/dauntless/comments/5rwiay/minimum_and_recommended_specs/

Last edited:

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
embermane-battle.jpg

https://playdauntless.com/behemoths/embermane/

Rogue

Reaction score
The bad thing is that they went ahead with pay to win founder's pack. Probably a cash grab to finance early development.

Hopefully no other such pay to win options that affect loot drops either in "quanity" or chance is added to its in-game store. It will split player base and worse of all, signify a willingness to modify loot drop chance and quantity on the fly or sly...( Punish free to play players so they pay and punish paying players so they continue to pay once their bonus is up).

Meh, the alpha still lack polish... A lot of polish to be needed to be exact Their "fall" beta is almost at hand , lot of work must still be done...

Antiseptix

Reaction score
Game is releasing today for the Founders Alpha. Who else in SG is playing? Can play together

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://forums.playdauntless.com/t/founders-alpha-8-19-2017-patch-notes-updated/123723

Founder’s Alpha - Known Issues
Thank you to everyone who has helped us test the Founder’s Alpha; we are working on a patch and hope to release it on August 19th.

Performance / Graphics
Sometimes framerate can be lower in the city, especially when graphic settings are turned up and the city is heavily populated.
Solution: We are working to fix this and in the meantime try lowering your graphic settings.

Code Redemption
Content will not appear in-game if the player is logged in when redeeming a code.
Solution: After redeeming a code at https://playdauntless.com/accounts/my-account, log out and log back into the game. Go to the Core Breaker to find your new core.

Partner Streamer Cores do not appear at the Core Breaker initially.
Solution: Leave the Core Breaker and return to see the content refresh.

Camera
The game camera may encounter issues if the Intro Video is paused when starting for the first time.
Solution: Don’t pause the intro video, enjoy it in all its glory. :smiley:

Account
Sharing your account with another player can lead to crashes and instability, as well as corrupted data in inventory.
Solution: Do not share account credentials with others, your Dauntless account should only be used by you.

Online Connectivity
Servers may occasionally stall, resulting in a hanging loading screen.
Solution: Please wait 5 minutes to allow the server to attempt to recover. If after 5 minutes the server has not recovered, please log out and log back into the game.

Occasionally the hunt board will not connect to a hunt
Solution: Please log out and log back in and try again.

Gameplay
Behemoths may occasionally walk in irregular patterns.
Solution: Kill that silly Behemoth, it had it coming.

Progression
Player is unable to craft weapon or armour upgrades to complete the “Better Weapons” and “Improved Armour” quests
Solution: Contact Slayer Support at help@phxlabs.ca

Chat Messages
Sometimes chat messaged are not received.
Solution: We’re working on a solution, in the meantime please try re-sending your messages.

UI / Menus
Some menus and icons are work in progress
Solution: Stay tuned. Exciting updates are on the way!

Controller support is work in progress in menus
Solution: Use mouse and keyboard for menus when controller is not fully supported

Upcoming Fixes - Patch 0.1.1
UPDATE - We are working around the clock to include additional fixes based on community feedback. The patch will release today.
Servers will go down during this time and all Slayers will be disconnected. You will then receive this patch.

Mind on My Money
Fixes an issue causing inaccurate Platinum balances to display

Make Like A Tree
Resolves an issue causing a resource indicator (leaf symbol) to always be displayed. We have hired someone to point a leaf blower at the server.

Better Faster Smoother
Adjusting default graphics options to disable VGI. This will help stability and performance on many machines. We do not recommend enabling this setting if it is off by default

Commitment Issues
The character creator will now be more clear that you are committing to a character appearance. In the future, we will allow for character appearance changes.

Breaking my Heart
Fixed an issue where some Behemoth part breaks and severs were not dropping properly from hunts.

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

https://playdauntless.com/news/founders-alpha-wrap-up
A huge thanks to all of the Founders who participated in the Dauntless Founder’s Alpha. We welcomed new faces into Ramsgate, held the Behemoth menace at bay, hit the top five on Twitch, and had a great time doing it.

We knew that the Founder’s Alpha would be a huge boon to Dauntless in the form of information and data that we would use to improve the game. But we are truly awed by the turnout and response to these early efforts. We’ve stood shoulder to shoulder with Slayers from around the world and watched as you’ve pushed the game, achieving more than we thought possible.

Four brand new large-screen TVs were hung up so that we could watch streamers while we worked. This is both a window into direct player feedback and a chance for us to enjoy the game with you. But, as we stood transfixed by Slayers tackling Shrowd and marveled at the dozens of streamers who found new audiences, we soon knew that the Dauntless community was shaping up to be something truly special.

WongThyme

Reaction score
Wow, I had forgotten about this game and that it's made by Epic. Seemed kinda boring when I tried it and now with all the epic store exclusives I'm not going to try it again, they should compete properly

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow, I had forgotten about this game and that it's made by Epic. Seemed kinda boring when I tried it and now with all the epic store exclusives I'm not going to try it again, they should compete properly

eh? made by Epic? think you might wanna check again who the developers are.

WongThyme

Reaction score
My bad

eh? made by Epic? think you might wanna check again who the developers are.
Ah yeah my bad, they're just using the Unreal Engine. Still they're going to use the Epic Store as well and I don't want nothing to do with that.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.