 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

tec_geek

Reaction score
Actually for Kopitam and other businesses, they can follow like Starbucks.

Having an online account and card number, we can top up to the card via online payments or even via Apple Pay.

To use the card, we can create a unique QR code of the card and load them to the Wallet app. So whenever we are buying a meal, we can pull out our phone and proceed to the Wallet app and scan the QR code.

This allow us to still enjoy the 10% discount and able to see our past transactions or history.

Also, retail businesses can follow suit with the unique QR code to the Wallet app from their online account to replace membership cards.

** As from my understanding that they would have to pay for transaction fees, which I don’t think large businesses could not afford.

Last edited:

chenaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The concept btw alipay and Apple Pay is different .
In sg all the cashless paymen are directly from banks and alipay is third party payment. Money goes to alipay and not banks.

All cards payment in sg banks need to charge 2% of the total bill which small retails and small market or stall owner don't like it. And all the setup fees networks fees or whatever which have higher cost . That is tr stopping point for most stall owner to adopt cashless payment .

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also, if I'm not wrong MAS also doesn't like any company to hold any funds for mobile payment or card payment, unless it's those reloadable cards for kopitiam. Because kopitiam does not involve mobile payment in which a company can rope out millions of funds from stored wallet. Kopitiam in fact is one of the rare kinds which can hold funds, similar to Starbucks.

If I'm not wrong also, that is also the reason for why weChat payment is also not approved.

The concept btw alipay and Apple Pay is different .
In sg all the cashless paymen are directly from banks and alipay is third party payment. Money goes to alipay and not banks.

All cards payment in sg banks need to charge 2% of the total bill which small retails and small market or stall owner don't like it. And all the setup fees networks fees or whatever which have higher cost . That is tr stopping point for most stall owner to adopt cashless payment .

chris888222

Reaction score
With all the “smart” nation stuff going on and the push for cashless, I really hope I can finally use my phone to pay for bus or train rides soon.

nicepal

Reaction score
It's coming :)
iOS 11
Sending money via Apple Pay

Edit : Soon™, hopefully :(

Yah, initially I also very happen to see all this coming to Singapore so User like us benefit as when there is competition, Vendor tends to compete and offer better price. ;)
BTW, I like ur "TM".. ;) first time see people posted it.. so I guess I cannot use the same word...haha

unless it's those reloadable cards for kopitiam. Because kopitiam does not involve mobile payment in which a company can rope out millions of funds from stored wallet. Kopitiam in fact is one of the rare kinds which can hold funds, similar to Starbucks.

Sometimes, I don't really like those "Reloadable cards". We tends to put money here and there and end up, when card lost, the money gone with it and Kopitiam's card need to "renew" every 2 years and need to pay another $2 for that. Though using the card gave us 10% discount.
Prefer those direct debit from cc.

Slavor

Reaction score
Trial for mastercard payment on public transport is supposed to last till September, I have a feeling they'll renew it with the inclusion of mobile payments like apple pay and Android pay.

With all the “smart” nation stuff going on and the push for cashless, I really hope I can finally use my phone to pay for bus or train rides soon.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If this is so chance is low for Apple Pay unless apple open its NFC as andriod is but its might've not as safe if too open
Pro and cons

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If this is so chance is low for Apple Pay unless apple open its NFC as andriod is but its might've not as safe if too open
Pro and cons

Look at London Tube, is possible to do it, is how will LTA implement it for their backend system to work with Apple Pay for iphone and Apple Watch. For Android, a good example will be Samsung Pay in South Korea for transport and ATM withdraw.

As for Japan it's completely different because Japan have a standardised nationwide contactless system by Sony Felicia and Apple have a special iphone 7 SKU with Felicia compatible NFC chip for them to use for transport so inside their Apple wallet, their "Suica" card which is equivalent to our Ezlink card can be added into Apple Wallet and use tap their iphone/watch to the reader as well as display amount.
gTDKNZJ.jpg
ERVyNSp.jpg

Last edited:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of course lor.. You know it won't work and you still try..

Have been using nfc ezlink since the start, it was an arduous
journey until recently the handshake between reader and device on transit has just got better..

As what I heard, virtual devices including smart watches are also included. That means not too far from here, all the Apple Pay android pay Samsung pay will all be included. But the implementation will be in phases and gradually.

It's very sad to say, some apple users still unconsciously place the apple logo on the contactless reader like how they do for Samsung phones, to make payment then realise it didn't work.

Likewise, people topping up contactlessly at mrt stations have also tried to use Samsung Pay by tapping the back of the phone to the reader with a 4 5 cm gap, eh be smart leh.

:D

Long way to go to be a smart nation, but we all have a part to spread the right way..

I believe Apple Pay should be able to work well as when you put the iPhone near the reader, the Wallet app do appear, which is similar to when holding it near a contactless reader.

Well, I tried tapping using Apple Pay but the machine came out as “Invalid Card”.

Last edited:

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya if only we can handle a standardized one platform payment like what's nets did to it on businesss

And China we chat & alipay

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
As what I heard, virtual devices including smart watches are also included. That means not too far from here, all the Apple Pay android pay Samsung pay will all be included. But the implementation will be in phases and gradually.

any idea when is the launch of pilot test for virtual device? :D
if in phases, which one will start first?

Kopi Gao

Reaction score
Hi, during last night's National Day Rally 2017, PM Lee mentioned about POSB/DBS PayNow system --> i.e. send and receive money from anyone (7 participating banks only) with just a mobile number.

Can Apply Pay do the same in the near future? :s8:

PetPet

Reaction score

tec_geek

Reaction score
Just a side question: does anyone uses NETS Flashpay?

I feel that they should start by integrating cashcards and ezlink cards together?

Or rather when I was in Sydney, they have kind of like a remote device in the car and will beep as you pass the toll gates. I believe the authorities would then bill you the total amount of tolls.

3hubb3r

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just a side question: does anyone uses NETS Flashpay?

I feel that they should start by integrating cashcards and ezlink cards together?

Or rather when I was in Sydney, they have kind of like a remote device in the car and will beep as you pass the toll gates. I believe the authorities would then bill you the total amount of tolls.
Sounds like ERP? :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.