Newbie Guide: How to Find a Good Agent for Investment & Insurance?

skybluegerald

Reaction score
Currently interested in taking up my first insurance plan.

Male 27. non smoker. do PM me if you need more details.

soifon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there a possibility of reducing the duration of the policy? Say from 25 years to 15 years?

Bigoya

Reaction score
Is there a possibility of reducing the duration of the policy? Say from 25 years to 15 years?

Are u referring to endowments like PruFlexiCash or AXA SavvySaver?
If yes, then no. You can't.

But why the change of mind?

akwl88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wonder what's the realistic non-guaranteed amount I will receive at the end of the term.

be prepared for 1-2% overall returns, including non-guaranteed amt

maybe below 1% too

but rmb, the commissions you paid to your agent who sold you the plan is GUARANTEED :s13:

the irony hahaha

soifon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
be prepared for 1-2% overall returns, including non-guaranteed amt

maybe below 1% too

but rmb, the commissions you paid to your agent who sold you the plan is GUARANTEED :s13:

the irony hahaha

Lol. I'm one of those 'victims' where the bank staff said to me its a savings plan. Guess just got to sit on it and wait till it matures. :/

Bigoya

Reaction score
I wonder what's the realistic non-guaranteed amount I will receive at the end of the term.

A market crisis might be coming soon (who knows?). If history repeats itself like in the 2008, maybe 1.x% annualized?
This is just a conservative expectation of total returns I have, there's nth to back my claims.
There may also be possibilities that insurer has other strategies or sufficient reserves to payout the non-G.

What's more realistic that u should be doing is to check ur current cash value against your BI to see if ur past returns has aligned well with what's printed when u signed.

akwl88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As always, i tell pple if they die die want to buy investment links plans like whole life, endowments and ilps, they shld only look at the guaranteed amt and benchmarked against the highest risk free rate we have like cpf SA 4%

If the guaranteed amt is higher than ur premiums paid on a annualised compounded basis by 4% or higher, u got yourself a good deal there

akwl88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol. I'm one of those 'victims' where the bank staff said to me its a savings plan. Guess just got to sit on it and wait till it matures. :/

Not sure how much u expect from a saving plan

There are high yield savings acct out there with instant liquidity

Bigoya

Reaction score
What do you guys think about the Disability Income under the SAF group insurance?

http://www2.aviva.com.sg/life-and-health/for-individuals/mindef/mindef-riders.html

Its not a flat pricing though.

SAF GTL only worth getting the basic death/TPD coverage. Aviva seems to be shifting the cost to its riders with non-level premiums so as to encourage people to go for the non-GTL alternatives too.

It is usually not known to public that that their DI premiums are non-level, how did gtot that figured?

kevinkoh1992

Reaction score
SAF GTL only worth getting the basic death/TPD coverage. Aviva seems to be shifting the cost to its riders with non-level premiums so as to encourage people to go for the non-GTL alternatives too.

It is usually not known to public that that their DI premiums are non-level, how did gtot that figured?

I was trying to form my own set of insurance, came across this:

http://www2.aviva.com.sg/pdf/MINDEF_MHA_Disability_Income_Product_Summary.pdf

I was still considering aviva as i think i might end up getting most of my coverage from them.

Bigoya

Reaction score

lilspawn

Reaction score
From my understanding,

Top 3 Cheapest to Expensive
1. Aviva
2. NTUC
3. Axa

Myself, I am a simple man, I buy all under 1 insurance provider, might be more exp but more streamlined. Less headache in the future.

Bigoya

Reaction score
Unsolicited Content (Commercial solicitation / Ads / Referrals / Spam)

I guess everyone would like to hear from you too, but anonymously in the public forum.
Why don't you reveal more about what's up your sleeves first? Start a new thread or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

alyssax

Reaction score
Looking for advice on insurance plans from different insurance companies. Female 26 non smoker.

Bigoya

Reaction score
Looking for advice on insurance plans from different insurance companies. Female 26 non smoker.

I'm not quite sure why you'd need advice on insurance plans from different insurance companies when you could just engage an IFA to pick out the ones that'd suit your needs better?

alyssax

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure why you'd need advice on insurance plans from different insurance companies when you could just engage an IFA to pick out the ones that'd suit your needs better?
Where can I find a good IFA? Have been slowly reading this thread from the beginning and it's taking me some time to piece the info tgt.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.