Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

hosayboh

Reaction score
012-950 6665. Google the full shop name this number will come out first page. :D

Please don't text in whatsapp, use the speaker function like walkie talkie style. At first also feel awkward but quite fun actually. lol.

jumpmanz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any recommendations to fix roof lining in jb?

q8LDcIC.jpg
me and a bunch of CL7/civics do it in pekan nanas. about 300rm all in including labour. 4-6 choice of colors to choose from.

laksafan

Reaction score
For the price and workmanship i can say one of the best in jb

My FR on BTS workshop at Bukit Indah.Ah Boon did a very good job on my bonnet dent. Through this experience n some interaction I find ah Boon to be a reliable n honest person.
Also requested to re-stick my side n rear lips and touch up spots, cracks, scratches, etc all over the car.
Car now looks as good as new, all for the same price in ringgit.

Thanks to laksafan n all the experts for this recommendation.

laksafan

Reaction score
Unless you wanna spray paint the inside otherwise he probably dun really do

Does BTS workshop does repair on car interior plastic scratches?? Had some deep scratches on the door interior plastic panel , wondering how can I fix it...any shop to recommend?? thks!! :)

laksafan

Reaction score
for electrical relay issues, do i go to sheng auto?

yes wiring stuff go look for wire experts. non wire stuff look for mechanic. tyre stuff shops/mechanic that sells tyres and do alignments and if aircon, best is to go aircon expert to do, same for car body - go to a panel and spray/body expert to do (you can't go tyre shop to fix your car mirror or signal or repair a dent).

Will give Sheng Auto a try next time

laksafan

Reaction score
Wish.
Thanks

you fix body kit also must spray paint, BTS might be able to do, but this kind of job, you need to call to see if he has, then go down see catalogue which one you want and give a deposit, then go back in another day.it is very leychey.

most good accessories shops can do too, cos Wish is quite a popular model

laksafan

Reaction score
I met one of LCH staff at the mall the other day, he mentioned that they tried to fix but if it wasn't fix why didn't you turn back to look for them, they would have fixed it again or try to even though they are not wire experts. he mentioned that from what he knows ah yuan didn't charge you for the signal and did it for you out of goodwill and i told him i read about it online, he felt it wasn't very nice to flame lch like that esp it was done foc since you did oil change with them. I haven't check in with Ah Yuan tho.

Are you able to confirm?

Hello Laksafan,

I'm with your friend n you on this. If the shop has been providing myself with good services throughout a long relationship, I won't give two hoots from a random bad review.

I've asked around, they may have over top up my eo out of concern that my 7yo car might be 'eating' eo. So benefit of doubt given here.

Moving on... That just wasn't my day, probably was a bit irate as the 2 issues bugging me wasn't fixed. Cheers!

Last edited:

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you fix body kit also must spray paint, BTS might be able to do, but this kind of job, you need to call to see if he has, then go down see catalogue which one you want and give a deposit, then go back in another day.it is very leychey.

most good accessories shops can do too, cos Wish is quite a popular model
My friend is trying to find those PU lip(for the front and sides).
Another friend used to install/fix there in jb but now hardly see any le....

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I met one of LCH staff at the mall the other day, he mentioned that they tried to fix but if it wasn't fix why didn't you turn back to look for them, they would have fixed it again or try to even though they are not wire experts. he mentioned that from what he knows ah yuan didn't charge you for the signal and did it for you out of goodwill and i told him i read about it online, he felt it wasn't very nice to flame lch like that esp it was done foc since you did oil change with them. I haven't check in with Ah Yuan tho.

Are you able to confirm?

I trust ah yuan on his integrity.
I also did inform him about the posting here. No need for me to post what ah yuan reply me.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

laksafan

Reaction score
i know him for 9 years, just that these few months i didn't contact him much after he went to lch, only went twice to do my car, he/lch can't be that bad and he is a man of passion and integrity, of cos he isn't 100% perfect but he still tries his best... also if its a foc service then its really not nice to write until like they are so incompetent and not recommendable.

he is still my go to most trustable mechanic. Im asking him to order window visors for me for two of my cars, he is not accessories shop but still tries cos we are friends for so long

I trust ah yuan on his integrity.
I also did inform him about the posting here. No need for me to post what ah yuan reply me.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

Last edited:

laksafan

Reaction score
My friend is trying to find those PU lip(for the front and sides).
Another friend used to install/fix there in jb but now hardly see any le....

they have those ready made but must order. there are some shops that can customise but i lost contact with them le

laksafan

Reaction score
Vezel not a very popular car in jb, SG got better chance to get the grill

my bf is looking for honda vezel front grill and mazda 3 front grill. where to get the cheapest in SG and JB? can anyone provide rough price and contact number if possible? thanks.

honda-vezel-grill-10088757.jpeg

Untitled-32.gif

laksafan

Reaction score
Bro.. how much was the Labour for fixing your front and back camera? Tap to ignition?

tap to ignition. FOC cos did lights... we are regular customers so we get foc services that is the perks of working so closely with ah yuan and making him my only mechanic.

Ah yuan is very nice mechanic, if you do your car with him and if it doesn't cost him parts but alittle bit of his time, I believe he will do it at no cost. I am pretty sure Hoseboh signal that he complained about that he did with LCH was done at NO charge or cost to him, if it's not on the receipt its not charged, he is not the kind that slaughter you here and take from there. Because he is a very honest mechanic who is passionate about his work. If its done as a free service i dun think its fair to complain and discredit him or his shop esp if it was done at no cost. Unless he did charged and if he did, can brother Hoseboh care to share your receipt with us?

Another friend who was at dinner was sharing with us that her car got into an accident near Seremban, she called her YS and LCH for help, YS respond only the next day (but at least he reply), but LCH responded immediately, ah yuan was in Australia at that time somemore, but instructed Ah Hong to manage, it was Hari Raya holidays so they called a few tow trucks and finally ordered a tow truck from jb to go all the way to Seremban to pick the car to go back to LCH. Waited 4 hours because tow truck needed to drive to Seremban and cannot speed, and loaded up and went back another 4 hours. In that 4 hours alot of tow trucks who were touts were hawking around the car, more than 10 came by to offer to pull to their workshop and one even had to call LCH to get them to speak to the tow truck drivers to buzz off. Finally pulled all the way to LCH and ah Hong was there at 1030 to greet my friends.

My friend gave ah hong a big ang bao to bring his wife for a nice meal cos they were there camping and waiting for the tow truck. This kind of service where to find. Friend paid tow truck driver and they went their way. Its not like LCH took a kick back from the tow truck. Next day 1130, Ah Yuan and Ah Hong put my friend's car back together, only one thing was charge which was radiator and they replace that radiator leaking and fix back the aircon belt was dislodged, they even fix back the bumper that fell out at no cost and without needing to bring back to BTS. However Ah Yuan mentioned to me that tow truck services he will only do for regular customers, those who have a working relationship with him more than 5 years (those go once a year not counted) or if he did your car more than 20 times with him and your car is solely and fully done by LCH from oil changes to tyres to parts replacement etc and he knows you then he will consider. Otherwise if the tow truck reach there nobody and go back, he will need to pay.

If you ask me, these are perks of having your own trusted mechanic in JB that you use all the time. Not cos here cheap there cheaper by rm10 so i go, then no point. No point your mechanic call you back the next day. Also when you need someone to talk to the touts they can.

hosayboh

Reaction score
Since we are back on this...
Dear Laksafan,
1. I went Gosford, went LCH, went BTS. My experience with these 3 shops, good i write good, disappointing i also write.
2. I can understand your passion to speak up for them as per your postings.
3. Hope you understand that i don't know them, what i write are based on what i have experienced and these are my pov. I have no hidden agenda against or for any of these shops, just a normal consumer.
4. Also that things don't always work out the way you want 100% of the time regardless your intention maybe. Good chance it will be different to others.

I just went to LCH and spoke to Yuan. Unfortunately I cannot recommend this workshop and will never go there again.

Did the following.

1. Changed engine oil - they over top up, way past the upper marking by a lot.
21Aug - Already updated previously that this maybe due to 'old car eat eo' syndrome, so they top up more. benefit of doubt.

2. Tried to fix my side mirror unable to close - they can't fix it. Came back SG n fixed in 10 mins.
21aug- I admit this is free but lets not start saying free means must keep quiet. Coz that is never true. I've already stated that i asked prior to visting them and if they cannot fix this n the issue below, why do i need to go all the way there? There are recommendations of Hawk tayar, etc to do the rest on my list. (You see my point here, i'm sianz but maybe they are checking for me out of good will.)

3. Tried to fix my turning signal light which stop ticking after a few ticks by itself - told me rectified but spoil again before I can even get out of jb. Came back SG n fixed by changing the spoilt relay.
21 aug- Look, its only a relay change, when it failed again i was already on my way out of JB. Honestly at that point of time i'm already fully sianz. Let me reiterate that they say it is fixed.
Refer to point 3, i don't know them and not sure what they do or don't, i asked before i go. . You may say that engine go mechanic, body go spray paint shop, etc. The line is never fine.
(Again, you see my point here, i'm sianz but maybe they are checking for me out of good will.)

4. Changed atf - I think also over top up, it's way past any markings on the metal stick. (not sure here)
21aug- same as eo issue.

5. Change front brake pads - now I can hear more screechings more frequently than before the change.
21aug - Although i did update that the screeching sounds are gone the next 1 or 2 days, i've been hearing intermittent screeching sounds still, till today. 2 tanks leow. Again, give them the benefit of a doubt maybe because my rotor not smooth already, but my old pair of brakes swee swee till need to change.

Bought the pads n atf from them, total cost all in rm520. Price is fine but not worth going again.

Pls don't get me wrong, i'm grateful for all your jb ws recommendations as you are our guru here. Sometimes misunderstanding occurs between 2 parties due to different expectations and experience level. This has to be the case here. What's written is written, hopefully more nicks (and i expect there will be alot more) will come forward to put in more good reviews of LCH. I truly believe from your postings that they are an honest, reliable and goes the extra mile for their customers. It's my lost that we (LCH n me) got off on a wrong footing.

That will be all...Thanks for reading.

laksafan

Reaction score
So the service that you were most disappointed about was a free service given to you?

i trust it was the overall experience that you were unhappy about

dun get me wrong, but i do feel bad that this happened to you cos it sucks and i also feel bad for lch for getting bad publicity from this esp they were tried to help. I guess its in their disfavour instead of being in their favour and they might lose potential clients in future for being helpful, afterall they are already doing pretty well before this recommendations on the forum, therefore I shall reserve my recommendations for any services or shops in JB.

Cheers, no hard feelings. You are definitely entitled to your opinions and for all that has happened to you, definitely frustrating. I trust it is also validm However i think its best not to get other companies and businesses into trouble in the future. So I shall reserve my comments

Signing off from this thread.

p/s to all brothers and sisters, sorry but kindly do not pm me for any recommendations.

Since we are back on this...
Dear Laksafan,
1. I went Gosford, went LCH, went BTS. My experience with these 3 shops, good i write good, disappointing i also write.
2. I can understand your passion to speak up for them as per your postings.
3. Hope you understand that i don't know them, what i write are based on what i have experienced and these are my pov. I have no hidden agenda against or for any of these shops, just a normal consumer.
4. Also that things don't always work out the way you want 100% of the time regardless your intention maybe. Good chance it will be different to others.

Pls don't get me wrong, i'm grateful for all your jb ws recommendations as you are our guru here. Sometimes misunderstanding occurs between 2 parties due to different expectations and experience level. This has to be the case here. What's written is written, hopefully more nicks (and i expect there will be alot more) will come forward to put in more good reviews of LCH. I truly believe from your postings that they are an honest, reliable and goes the extra mile for their customers. It's my lost that we (LCH n me) got off on a wrong footing.

That will be all...Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

hosayboh

Reaction score
So the service that you were most disappointed about was a free service given to you?

i trust it was the overall experience that you were unhappy about

dun get me wrong, but i do feel bad that this happened to you cos it sucks and i also feel bad for lch for getting bad publicity from this esp they were tried to help. I guess its in their disfavour instead of being in their favour and they might lose potential clients in future for being helpful, afterall they are already doing pretty well before this recommendations on the forum, therefore I shall reserve my recommendations for any services or shops in JB.

Cheers, no hard feelings. You are definitely entitled to your opinions and for all that has happened to you, definitely frustrating. I trust it is also validm However i think its best not to get other companies and businesses into trouble in the future. So I shall reserve my comments

Signing off from this thread.

p/s kindly do not pm me for any recommendations.

Dear Laksafan,

You have contributed so much here and i don't think you have to take such a drastic step. IMO, as long as there are more and more validations on the good work that LCH is doing, the readers here are capable of deciding for themselves what's good. There are so many here saying that they have went or are going down, surely not a problem.

This is just like any other shops or businesses where if they get 100 reviews, i'm pretty sure a few will not be so nice. In fact this makes them feel real. Personally i will be skeptical of one with 100% 5 stars good reviews.

I understand you are on good terms with them, perhaps you can let them know that i've explained here that this is a once off thing and as i've stated earlier sometimes this is just a misunderstanding of expectations.

Thanks, i hope we can move on from this episode. Sharing is caring.

ericsoon72

Reaction score
Will be driving to KL next month along NSHW. Want to ask if you guys have any numbers to call (preferably from reliable workshops) in case of emergencies like tyre punctures etc. If not convenient to show number here can contact me thru PM. Thanks!

funky05

Reaction score
tap to ignition. FOC cos did lights... we are regular customers so we get foc services that is the perks of working so closely with ah yuan and making him my only mechanic

I need to fix up both my car cams again and probably oil change. Can I say I'm recommended by you, when I'm there ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.