Proper disposal of electronic waste.

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Certain items such as li ion batteries have to be properly disposed. They cannot be disposed say, down our rubbish chutes for instance.

Found this awesome bin at Singapore Polytechnic, located near the ATM at Food court 5. Thought I would share this with you guys.

epqLZ6F.jpg

Last edited:

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sweet, gonna take a taxi down to dispose my battery

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they need to expand more, not just poly

The whole system probably loses money and they don't actually separate the trash from generic trash anyway.

Smoking to get funding for your project is easy at a small scale, but at bigger scale the newspaper will have to talk about AHTC every day.

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Nice! Will amend the first post to reflect this info from all :)
Do continue to share if you see any!

As for sticking it, there has been debate of putting threads at the top, as it may sometimes be overlooked by users. Undoubtedly it is a good thread to reference to. Will see what I can do :)

NUS Ventus building also have. Actually a few bins all over campus

http://www.nus.edu.sg/oes/Waste2.html

Should set up a sticky e waste recycling thread somewhere, with all the bin listings. Believe there are far more islandwide.

evildoctor

Reaction score
Actually, lots of place have this bin already. I think all the community club has one bin each.

Quoted from the starhub website 'There are currently 325 RENEW bins at 274 locations around Singapore. Do your part for the environment and recycle your electronic waste in RENEW bins at selected public access locations.'

PCD_LO

Reaction score
We (PC Dreams) are already doing recycling of items with NEA for major shows.
If there is enough demand, we can put up recycling corners within all our 8 outlets islandwide.
Let's see what is the response now. Currently we are only taking in items for recycling at our Bugis Junction Digital hospital outlet. :)

lancer6238

Reaction score
Anyone knows of any RENEW bins in the Sengkang/Punggol area? I looked at the Starhub website for the list of RENEW bin locations, and even though it said there is one in Lot One (I lived in the West before moving house), I couldn't find it.

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
We (PC Dreams) are already doing recycling of items with NEA for major shows.
If there is enough demand, we can put up recycling corners within all our 8 outlets islandwide.
Let's see what is the response now. Currently we are only taking in items for recycling at our Bugis Junction Digital hospital outlet. :)

Nice to know!
Laptop batteries as well?

creative11112004

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows of any RENEW bins in the Sengkang/Punggol area? I looked at the Starhub website for the list of RENEW bin locations, and even though it said there is one in Lot One (I lived in the West before moving house), I couldn't find it.

there's one at Serangoon Nex.:)

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
dyUJhw1.jpg

Spotted one at Raffles City Shopping Centre.
B1 near Buffet Town (B1-44E)

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bigger items like printers which doesnt fit into the slots, any suggestions?

well u can still put it at the side of the box, as my CC always have a few of those bulkier item just put near or beside it. (sadly some ppl put till blocking the pathway)

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bigger items like printers which doesnt fit into the slots, any suggestions?

Just put beside the box, unless you are staying near Joo Koon
or driving.
You can bring to Tes-amm located at Benoi sector.

Lately I dispose of a HIFI there but you need to call them
to inform that you are coming down to dispose.
They don't do walk in recycling.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.