 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Paynow is an integrated system across several major consumer banks but Apple Pay itself is not a bank.

I don't see how Apple pay will help in anything since you still require your banks to transfer and to keep the amounts..

Hi, during last night's National Day Rally 2017, PM Lee mentioned about POSB/DBS PayNow system --> i.e. send and receive money from anyone (7 participating banks only) with just a mobile number.

Can Apply Pay do the same in the near future? :s8:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't use nets flashpay because it involves topping up.. Nets flashpay is useful for children though..

Otherwise, my daily expenses are usually charged to card via gear s3 or s8+. Hardly using physical card nowadays..

Flashpay I use on an off not all business accept it

Example I use at Mos burger
As they don't have Pay wave
I use Pay wave at MAC and Burger King

https://www.dbs.com/innovation/dbs-...d-and-technology-together-the-paylah-way.html

Will be cool if gov push it and make it lesser or zero transaction charge if not business won't want to implement it too in the end

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya itf pay now or paylah become as common as alipay or we chat in china then it's ok lor

The most is setup a bank acc with limited funds in case of scam or hacks
And a main bank to transfer funds over to sub account to link to PayLah! Or pay now

tec_geek

Reaction score
Ya itf pay now or paylah become as common as alipay or we chat in china then it's ok lor

The most is setup a bank acc with limited funds in case of scam or hacks
And a main bank to transfer funds over to sub account to link to PayLah! Or pay now

Not sure if it’s feasible but we can add a passcode or using the fingerprint to authenticate the transaction?

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think. Paylah use Touch ID
Pay now seem like need yo login to i banking then key in the person number then Key amount

If Want to make it fast transaction like our appple pay
Method most user Friendly

To Login and key user I'd and password is troublesome and some one can peek at your login particular too

So login via Touch ID or Andriod Touch sensor It best and key in amount and pay most fastest

Not sure if it’s feasible but we can add a passcode or using the fingerprint to authenticate the transaction?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think. Paylah use Touch ID
Pay now seem like need yo login to i banking then key in the person number then Key amount

If Want to make it fast transaction like our appple pay
Method most user Friendly

To Login and key user I'd and password is troublesome and some one can peek at your login particular too

So login via Touch ID or Andriod Touch sensor It best and key in amount and pay most fastest

pay now doesn't have a physical interface because its a backend technology that interfaces with the banks. for instance on ocbc mobile app, you need your credentials to input and enter the app in order to use pay now. but for posb, you can use finger print and bypass the login credentials and access pay now. so ultimately its your bank that has security barriers..

alfseeto

Reaction score
Recently I can't use Apple Pay when topping up my EZlink card at the MRT station. But using paywave credit card works. Anyone else get this problem?

Chips

Reaction score
Recently I can't use Apple Pay when topping up my EZlink card at the MRT station. But using paywave credit card works. Anyone else get this problem?

I am not sure if it is the same problem but when i topup at GTM the machine displayed an error but the credit card still got charged. I had to call up the bank to see if they can cancel off this transaction if not GG.

alfseeto

Reaction score
I am not sure if it is the same problem but when i topup at GTM the machine displayed an error but the credit card still got charged. I had to call up the bank to see if they can cancel off this transaction if not GG.

Sounds like a different problem. When I put my phone near to the reader nothing happens. Like it doesn't detect my phone at all.

coloumbiaGames

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a different problem. When I put my phone near to the reader nothing happens. Like it doesn't detect my phone at all.

Your nfc malfunction already... I faced similarr problem and brought my iPhone to orchard. They swap with a replacement set.

tec_geek

Reaction score
Seems like Apple Pay on transportations won’t be here this year.

JN6FX0b.jpg

chris888222

Reaction score
As in which bank ah
Doubt Citibank will go with it as it went with Sammy
Bet our local banks will go with it

APC uses a bank client to host the Apple Pay Cash Card, which you can use to pay in stores, apps or transfer to your own account.

If APC launches in Singapore it must work with a bank to host the Cash Card. It’ll likely be one of the banks which already support Apple Pay at the moment.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.