Microsoft Surface

SzETo_023

Reaction score
Type cover for Surface pro 1

Hello guys. Can anyone guide me where can i get new type cover for surface pro 1? Been searching around but unable to find it. =(

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
The new Type Covers are "supposed" to be compatible. You can try it at the stores to confirm.

sqapg6

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone actually paid 849 for a replacement. What did they replace you with? Same surface pro model with same specs?

itnoobieee

Reaction score
am thinking to get a 2017 i5 ram8. the only thing that stops me is the blacklight bleed issue, is it really that bad?

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
am thinking to get a 2017 i5 ram8. the only thing that stops me is the blacklight bleed issue, is it really that bad?

Using it in the day, the "problem" is invisible. To see it, you have to be in complete darkness with backlight turn way up with black screen, then can see. Anyway all LCD have this problem to some degree. OLED has a slightly different problem.

I wouldn't worry if I were you. Once you have any sort of content on screen, you wouldn't see it. If you don't use black background, it's impossible to see unless you have a defective panel.

The online pictures? Many of them are taken with camera shutter open for a long time.

Gash_1989

Reaction score
Anyone knows what is the procedure for warranty replacement? I have a faulty surface 3 and I have submitted a replacement order to microsoft, but have yet to receive the email confirmation. So I would like to ask, will they arrange courier to pick up the faulty set? Thanks

s-ghost

Honorary Member
Reaction score
my surface kena blue screen, keeps restarting on its own when i turn it on, anyway to remedy this or factory reset it?

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
First try to get to the Repair menu and roll back to a previous Restore point. You should be able to recover from a bad driver, registry corruption or bad update using this.

If you know how to get to the Command prompt, you should be able to try to troubleshoot from there. Run SFC or DISM scans. If you dunno what I'm talking about, then nevermind. Skip this.

If you're using Surface Pro 3, note that the Samsung SSD inside may need to be refresh.

You can make a Windows 8/10 thumbdrive and try to use that to reinstall by using the Upgrade option.

If all else fails, install a Fresh Windows without formatting, especially if your data hasn't been backed up.

s-ghost

Honorary Member
Reaction score
First try to get to the Repair menu and roll back to a previous Restore point. You should be able to recover from a bad driver, registry corruption or bad update using this.

If you know how to get to the Command prompt, you should be able to try to troubleshoot from there. Run SFC or DISM scans. If you dunno what I'm talking about, then nevermind. Skip this.

If you're using Surface Pro 3, note that the Samsung SSD inside may need to be refresh.

You can make a Windows 8/10 thumbdrive and try to use that to reinstall by using the Upgrade option.

If all else fails, install a Fresh Windows without formatting, especially if your data hasn't been backed up.

surface 3 here, how to get to repair menu?

pai000000

Reaction score
For replacement of Surface Pro 3, it is possible to self-deliver to the Microsoft service centre in Singapore? (Where is that?)
Or it is compulsory to use the courier?

RyuShinEX

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
doubt they'll replace a 3 for you & advice you to get the latest instead.

no center

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
surface 3 here, how to get to repair menu?

If your S3 don't go to the Repair screen automatically, it means the storage is corrupted. You will need to goto Microsoft.com to download a Media Tool Creator. Make a bootable USB stick and use that to get to the repair menu.

pai000000

Reaction score
doubt they'll replace a 3 for you & advice you to get the latest instead.

no center

I passed to courier on 16th, they got it on 17th. Hope replacement will come soon.
Total price plus tax is 905 SGD.

I think quite reasonable price for a new Surface Pro 3, considering Pro 5 is about $1788 for same specs

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.