Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

snap99

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By when will know the forecast? Cause I'll be there for abt 8-9 days so agar might hit dao the week.

Sent from dala dala using GAGT

Think most times the risk is that most of us plan and book holidays couple months or even half year in advance - so unless you plan and book literally last minute to catch the flowering. Esp if wife and self working .....

Likiki

Reaction score
Trip to Japan: Round trip or One way

Hi there ! really need some advice.

I am planning to go to Japan in December, somewhere between 5 dec to 14 dec. (10 days)

My main purpose is to go to osaka, nara, kyoto and tokyo.

I'm wondering whether it is cheaper and better to
1) Travel to Tokyo and back from Tokyo, and this means bullet train to and fro Osaka
or
2) One way to Osaka and back to SG from Tokyo, means need to buy one train ticket from osaka to tokyo

Which is better?
Thanks so much in advance!!! :):):):):)

snap99

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I am planning to go to Japan in December, somewhere between 5 dec to 14 dec. (10 days)

1) Travel to Tokyo and back from Tokyo, and this means bullet train to and fro Osaka
or
2) One way to Osaka and back to SG from Tokyo, means need to buy one train ticket from osaka to tokyo

Which is better?

Check the airfare first - the diff might be substantial between your two routing. Hence may be more economical to take a to-fro-train (which then would justify a rail pass).

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

or

Which is better?

First trip? Seems like a lot of cities for 10 days. That means a lot of time spent traveling, checking in and out of hotels etc.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

or

Which is better?

I think skip Tokyo and then slowly explore Kansai area. That period can see Kobe luminarie as well

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bros long time no see!

It's been almost 2 years since I've last stepped into Nipponland.

Just wanna check for Osaka, where is a more convenient location to stay?

The train map is making me really giddy :(

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bros long time no see!

It's been almost 2 years since I've last stepped into Nipponland.

Just wanna check for Osaka, where is a more convenient location to stay?

The train map is making me really giddy :(

Namba or umeda.

yojunhao

Reaction score
A question, is it better to fly to narita, haneda or kansai directly if I would like to travel mainly around osaka, nara and kyoto. If time permits maybe tokyo for a day or 2.

thwysg

Reaction score
A question, is it better to fly to narita, haneda or kansai directly if I would like to travel mainly around osaka, nara and kyoto. If time permits maybe tokyo for a day or 2.

Since your main aim for this trip is in Kansai, of course it would be best to head to KIX or ITM.

KIX directly via SQ. Itami you'll need to do a transit at Haneda or Narita. Your choice.

kennysme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It'll be expensive to travel to Tokyo for just a day or 2 and then head back to Osaka for your flight back if your return flight is from Osaka. Journey by bullet train is around 3 hours and cost around $180 one way.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

choose the flights based on your costs affordability and timing. if both not a concern, then fly straight to osaka international airport. else, take other flights that transit in haneda/narita. it is usually more expensive to flight straight to osaka from singapore as not a lot of direct flights. alternatively, take scoot or jetstar that transits in taiwan first.

theokcoral

Reaction score
Ameyoko did not have that many shops selling dried scallops. Would I have better luck at Tsukiji, and is it really that much cheaper in Tokyo? Arigato!

thwysg

Reaction score
Ameyoko did not have that many shops selling dried scallops. Would I have better luck at Tsukiji, and is it really that much cheaper in Tokyo? Arigato!

Go to Tsukiji Outer Market. There's many stalls selling it. Seriously I don't find them that cheap, as compared to HockHua Tonic. But that was then. Cheapest would still be in Hokkaido markets, I believe.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Hokkaido cheaper. Sapporo Curb Market got a lot of those when i went there few years ago.

theokcoral

Reaction score
Thank you for the helpful replies. Am off to Tsukiji today and will update if there are good finds. In Ameyoko I was offered $375/- for 1kg of Grade 1 scallops from Hokkaido, but the shops I visited looked like tourist traps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.