Apple Watch

Fendi37

Reaction score
If my Apple Watch is locked with a passcode,will the notifications will appear on the AW?Sorry for asking cause first time using the AW

Fendi37

Reaction score
But it seems there's no notifications when I passcode locked my AW.I've enquiry with the Apple support centre and they told me not to passcode lock in order to receive notifications on the AW

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But it seems there's no notifications when I passcode locked my AW.I've enquiry with the Apple support centre and they told me not to passcode lock in order to receive notifications on the AW

I do passcode lock my AW as I use Apple Pay, but all my notifications still come in.

macb0y

Reaction score
Have you enable "unlock with iphone"?
I have that that option enabled.

Fendi37

Reaction score
Have you enable "unlock with iphone"?
I have that that option enabled.
I've done it but the problem is it can't detect on my left wrist cause of my tattoos but when I try it on my right wrist it works

Sent from LGE LG-K535 using GAGT

nicepal

Reaction score
Apple Pay on Apple Watch how to scan thumb ? Since no Touch ID?
Need to key pass code every time to use Apple Pay ?

I believe you need your phone to be nearby (connected through bluetooth) before can use Apple Pay on Apple Watch. Just found the link. You can take a look at the "Pay in Stores"

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201239

They have a "Watch the Demo". looks nice, have a look...
(can't really share my experience as I have yet to own a Apple Watch)

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Apple Pay on Apple Watch how to scan thumb ? Since no Touch ID?
Need to key pass code every time to use Apple Pay ?

No need. First, you need to add cards to your Apple Watch via the Apple Watch app. Once it's done, open the wallet app on your watch to activate Apple Pay on your watch.

Passcode is only needed when you wear your watch and will only re-lock when you remove your watch. To use Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, double-click your watch's side button and your primary card will appear. To pay, simply just place your watch with screen facing the NFC reader and your watch will double vibrate twice to confirm payment.

If you have added multiple cards, select them just but turning the scroll wheel when you double-click your side button.

Hope that helps.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thx bro
So the Apple Watch won't auto bring up the payment when u near a NFC ? It will work onky when u double presss the button to activate it up ?

No need. First, you need to add cards to your Apple Watch via the Apple Watch app. Once it's done, open the wallet app on your watch to activate Apple Pay on your watch.

Passcode is only needed when you wear your watch and will only re-lock when you remove your watch. To use Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, double-click your watch's side button and your primary card will appear. To pay, simply just place your watch with screen facing the NFC reader and your watch will double vibrate twice to confirm payment.

If you have added multiple cards, select them just but turning the scroll wheel when you double-click your side button.

Hope that helps.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thx bro
So the Apple Watch won't auto bring up the payment when u near a NFC ? It will work onky when u double presss the button to activate it up ?

you need to manually activate the wallet on the watch and it won't auto detect payment.

Hope that helps.

actually from the teardown videos on youtube, the nfc antenna is located at the 12 o'clock of the watch. therefore you can still tap with the watch face facing you and the top of the watch tapping the reader.

watch face facing down the reader also can provided the 12 o'clock area is aligned within the coverage area of the reader..

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually from the teardown videos on youtube, the nfc antenna is located at the 12 o'clock of the watch. therefore you can still tap with the watch face facing you and the top of the watch tapping the reader.

watch face facing down the reader also can provided the 12 o'clock area is aligned within the coverage area of the reader..

Tried that before and getting a successful detection is lower than if you face the screen towards the reader.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If charge over night & go zzz won't cock up rhe battery ?

No it won't, but a while back after doing that to my then 2 mths old Series 2, the battery bloated send pushed out the lower half of the screen.

I brought it to Apple Store for a new replacement and by right it shouldn't happen.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is there any appl for note taking
like u write on watch and it will sync later when u got the phone back?

example some red zone in army cant go in with a phone
so a apple watch is as good as a mini PDA

example will the contact list in apple warch works if iphone is not around since if go army red zone the phone need to put on locker
and if need to acccess contacts will the contact is stored in the phone or watch off line?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.