Recommended Cat Food & Shops in Singapore

blurfish29

Reaction score
Hi, can I have a recommendation for hypoallergenic cat food and where do I buy it?

One of my cats seems to be having a food allergy, she's been licking her abdomen and some parts of her limbs bare the past few months. Aside from the bald patches and vomiting of the fur (the size of an index finger my god) once, there's no other sign. I've shaved her coat.

For the first 4.5 years of her life I've fed her dry Royal Canin Indoor, then ever since bringing her back from overseas in Nov 2016 she's mainly been on a combination of dry Petcurean Go Trim+Fit, dry Orijen Cat & Kitten, dry Orijen 6 Fish, canned Kit Cat Chicken Classic, Chicken & Lamb, Chicken & Beef, Chicken & Prawn, along with occasional Orijen duck and wild boar treats.

I've already removed Orijen 6 fish from her diet for a month, she's still gobbling the rest happily yet still licking herself quite a bit. As such I'd like to put her on a hypoallergenic trial. Any suggestions?

GrimaH

Master Member
Reaction score
I've been giving my cat Solid Gold (dry) and Fussie Cat Premium/Wellness Gold (wet). She had 2 kittens and they'll be able to start eating soon. I wanna prevent any dehydration problems by going wet-cat-food heavy proportion-wise, but are there good wet food brands with kitten-focused food being sold here?

angelmiao

Reaction score
One of my kitten had Schesir as her wet food. They carry tuna / chicken flavor only for Kittens :D

I've been giving my cat Solid Gold (dry) and Fussie Cat Premium/Wellness Gold (wet). She had 2 kittens and they'll be able to start eating soon. I wanna prevent any dehydration problems by going wet-cat-food heavy proportion-wise, but are there good wet food brands with kitten-focused food being sold here?

bzwualice

Reaction score
Anyone tried this or other series from this brand? Okay to feed my meow?

Nurture Pro Cat Indoor Nourish Life - Alaskan Salmon Formula (All Life Stages)

JasK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried this or other series from this brand? Okay to feed my meow?

Nurture Pro Cat Indoor Nourish Life - Alaskan Salmon Formula (All Life Stages)

I just bought the 40lb chicken one for my cats. All of them eat it normally and no rejection.
It's a decent brand except not grain free. This Salmon formula should be ok for all cats.

Alaskan Salmon Formula For Indoor Kitten & Adult Cat
Indoor cats can be less active when compared to those who are outdoor, so we have specifically created a formula to give them complete nutrition while helping them to manage a healthy weight. With Coconut Oil, our formula can help control hairball problems as a result of increase in indoor grooming.
Nurture Pro Nourish Life Alaskan Formula is primarily for kittens and adult cats, who groom and primarily live indoors.
Alaskan Salmon as 1st ingredient - Rich in Vitamin B6 and B12
Double berry blend – Cranberries and Blueberries that provide phytonutrients while supporting urinary tract health
Low levels of Ash and Magnesium that prevents feline lower urinary tract disease (FLUTD)
Chia Seeds - Providing 3x more Omega 3 than Salmon while promoting lustrous furcoat
Taurine to prevent further retinal and immune degeneration
Added Coconut Oil, to help cats to effectively manage hairball issues
NO Wheat, Soy and Corn

Ingredients

Contains
Alaskan Salmon, Salmon Meal, Pure Pearled Barley, Steamed Oat,Menhaden Fish Meal. Brewers Dried Yeast, Dried Beet pulp, Menhaden Fish Oil (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Flaxseed Oil, Sunflower Oil, Coconut Oil, Garbanzo Beans, Cranberries, Blueberries, Tomatoes, Carrots, Kelp, Alfalfa, Chia seed, Taurine, Parsley Leaf, Glucosamine, Chondroitin, Chamomile, Cinnamon, Rosemary Extract, Ginkgo, Dandelion Root, Marigold Flower, Turmeric, Burdock Root, Lavender Flower, Angelica Root, L-Lysine,Yucca Schidigera Extract, Lecithin, Choline chloride

Nutritional Analysis
Crude Protein Min. 32%, Crude Fat Min. 12%, Crude Fiber Max. 3%, Moisture Max. 10%, Ash Max. 4.5%, Calcium Min. 1.0%, Phosphorus Min. 0.9%, Omega 6* Min. 2.1%, Omega 3* Min. 0.6%, Vitamin A Min. 22,500 IU/kg, Vitamin E Min. 170 IU/kg, Vitamin C Min 31.5 mg/kg, Glucosamine Min. 1230 mg/kg, LAB* Min. 300 million CFU/lb, Cellulase Min. 140 CU/lb.

JasK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried Natural Core? http://www.naturalcore.sg

Seems like it's organic. I am currently doing meowing heads for dry and Aixia for wet food. Just wondering if this organic is better.

If only one cat and doesn't mind the cost of any food, sure can try but not sure if everyone organic is necessarily since its not grain free as it has brown rice and doesn't need the soyabean either.

bzwualice

Reaction score
Thanks. Btw is it ideal to give boiled chicken breast for their main food every day?

Last edited:

JasK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Btw is it ideal to give boiled chicken breast for their main food every day?

No.

Boiled chicken is a wonderful and healthy treat to give cats.

BUT Cats require essential vitamins and taurine which is an essential amino acid that are in cat foods which the chicken only diet will lack so it must be a supplemental treat rather than the main staple.

bzwualice

Reaction score
No.

Boiled chicken is a wonderful and healthy treat to give cats.

BUT Cats require essential vitamins and taurine which is an essential amino acid that are in cat foods which the chicken only diet will lack so it must be a supplemental treat rather than the main staple.

Then I will just feed him once a week.

goldilocks

Reaction score
I mix canned cat food (tuna) with home cooked steam chicken. I mix them. My cat picked out the chicken to eat. Leave the canned tuna alone. 😓

hollyjolly

Reaction score
Hi all paws parents!

I see a lot of Japanese and Korean brands of wet food in the stores these days.
Any comments? Any known health issues for kitties?

hollyjolly

Reaction score
Thought i'll share a recent petshop that i bumped into while browsing through carousell.

Shop Name: Pet Inc (It also grooms dogs btw)
Address: Lor 4 Toa Payoh, Block 85C

Bought cat food both wet and dry and some other grooming and treats as well, owner is a very nice guy. Most are relatively cheaper than online petshop or petshop itself. They also do delivery if you hit their minimum spend of $100. They are having sales end of year sales now, not sure till when. Can see their listing in carousell under their username: petinc

:s12:

I also purchased from Pet Inc. So far so good, at least it's near my house. The price is slightly cheaper than the popular chain outlets. They provide free delivery even for promotional items as long as u reach min $100.

clarisocean

Reaction score
Hi,
am looking for wet canned food.

initally looking at aixia and kitcat but

petshop recommended me
meowing heads
monge
kasiks (firstmate)

and said this is better then aixia and kitcat

currently feeding zealandia beef and chicken - my cats do not seems to like it

any advise

OahidY

Reaction score
hi, i heard of a lesser known brand called AatasCat, any reviews for this brand?

angelmiao

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I need recommendation for some kitten food.
Previously I fed two of my cats with Royal Canin for kitten and Wellness Core. Wellness core we have finished it and not gonna buy for the 2nd time because the poo is super duper smelly :s22: .
Any good recommendation for diff dry food brand, and perhaps not as ex as Wellness Core? Tia! :))

hollyjolly

Reaction score
Hi,
am looking for wet canned food.

initally looking at aixia and kitcat but

petshop recommended me
meowing heads
monge
kasiks (firstmate)

and said this is better then aixia and kitcat

currently feeding zealandia beef and chicken - my cats do not seems to like it

any advise

I tried ciao wet food, my cat loves it! I also gave it Addicition wet food, my cat refuse eating it. Healthy food is more bland? Just like humans, we prefer tasty unhealthy food. Hahahah

hollyjolly

Reaction score
Any recommendations for mesh? Any Malls/shops/online websites to intro?
My kitty keeps escaping from home......

hollyjolly

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I need recommendation for some kitten food.
Previously I fed two of my cats with Royal Canin for kitten and Wellness Core. Wellness core we have finished it and not gonna buy for the 2nd time because the poo is super duper smelly :s22: .
Any good recommendation for diff dry food brand, and perhaps not as ex as Wellness Core? Tia! :))

I feed my cat with science diet for kittens since the day we adopted it. Not too sure how bad does other good poops smell. So far so good. It's also a recommended brand by the vets. I bought 4kg at $58. Cheaper than RC and wellness core.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.