Surface Pro (5)

Cashew_Nut

Reaction score
Sensing parallels with the Blackberry Priv. Marketed and priced as a premium device. But when it arrives.....

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine is 1729 and yes, there is some light bleeding on the top.

Thanks. Believe it will get better with later batches, same as sp4.

Went to challenger yesterday, the bleed is not that bad as those I saw a few days back.

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Indeed premium. Light bleeding issue. Lol!

Merc and BMW also went up in flame on the road, but that doesn't stop ppl from buying it or stop calling it premium. Surface is the best laptop replacement I have owned.

There r cheaper alternative with better spec or io ports. U can check those up if u think the price is way too ex for u. There are always Toyota, Honda etc.

drax229

Reaction score
Anyone with batch lot 1729 without light bleeding? Received my 2nd set (1729) same issue :( I think gotta give them another month to solve the light bleeding issues..

Edit: both 1729 having light bleeding but one is less obvious with naked eye

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
Merc and BMW also went up in flame on the road, but that doesn't stop ppl from buying it or stop calling it premium. Surface is the best laptop replacement I have owned.

There r cheaper alternative with better spec or io ports. U can check those up if u think the price is way too ex for u. There are always Toyota, Honda etc.

The New Surface Pro 5 bleeding is really bad. It is like 80% of the units all having bleeding? Merc and BMW got 80% catch fire or not? Seriously the product is premium but the quality is worst than inferior.

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The New Surface Pro 5 bleeding is really bad. It is like 80% of the units all having bleeding? Merc and BMW got 80% catch fire or not? Seriously the product is premium but the quality is worst than inferior.

So far almost all got bleeding. As I mentioned before, sp4 initially also got bleeding issue, but later batches don't have. I owned the later batch sp4, perfect screen. Now I waiting.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far almost all got bleeding. As I mentioned before, sp4 initially also got bleeding issue, but later batches don't have. I owned the later batch sp4, perfect screen. Now I waiting.

I read that New Surface Pro M3 is almost as good as Surface Pro 4 I5. If not I am thinking of getting Surface Pro 4. Seems like costing is quite attractive.

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I read that New Surface Pro M3 is almost as good as Surface Pro 4 I5. If not I am thinking of getting Surface Pro 4. Seems like costing is quite attractive.

M3 only 4GB ram, if it is enough for u, go get it. I need at least 8GB. Was considering the i7 16GB 512, but 900 more than the 8GB model.

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why need so much ram?

Sometimes i do used up 8GB of the ram, i opened quite a lot of excel files at one go to do comparison, multiple browser tabs, photoshop editing etc. Of cos it is more of a Want than Need. hahaha.

Hence, I am now considering the i7 8GB. But I do need the 512GB storage, guess I will have make do with 256GB.

ExArchz

Reaction score
Can u go to control+alt+del? Blue screen easier to see.

100% brightness
jzdFyDk.jpg

Suggested brightness
hTDGtg8.jpg

Cashew_Nut

Reaction score
This is seriously bad. Why bother paying for all that RAM and processing power underneath the hood when the output it delivers is ruined by the screen? At the end of the day it's all about the output quality.

actually not that bad. glad for u.
Which model is that & batch? Thanks

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is seriously bad. Why bother paying for all that RAM and processing power underneath the hood when the output it delivers is ruined by the screen? At the end of the day it's all about the output quality.

True, that's why I am waiting. ;)

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Someone said doesn't matter since premium product also have such issues. Depends on individual

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.