Jln Tenteram Developments

YoYoMa88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone here knows about the amenities in this area?

How is the connectivity?

Is parking across at the private estate to walk over to save on parking feasible?

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do a search in this forum, plenty of feedback about how bad it is.

Anyone here knows about the amenities in this area?

How is the connectivity?

Is parking across at the private estate to walk over to save on parking feasible?

orduna

Reaction score
I've been a silent reader with no account, I stay at Tenteram Peak and I've decided to sign up for an account to help you out with your questions.

Amenities -
1. 24 hours Giant supermarket will be opening on the 30 August 2017.
2. Eating house is currently under renovation and has placed a "stalls for rent" banner.
3. There is a clinic and hair salon. The salon has completed renovations. The clinic is looking to hire staff.
4. Childcare centre will be opening soon.
5. 10 minutes walk to Whampoa Market.

Transportation / Connectivity -
1. If you drive, 10 minutes is all you need to get to town.
2. I assume not many people know there is a tunnel under the CTE expressway. You can walk from Tenteram Peak to Boon Keng train station in 20 minutes. (If you walk fast, maybe you can reach in 15 minutes time) Walk through the tunnel, pass the private apartments, temple, church. You will reach St. George's Road estate, continue walking till you see the under construction BTO, St. George's Towers. Walk on, you will arrive at Towner Road estate where Boon Keng train station is.
3. There is a bus stop opposite block 116A. Bus 21 and 129. Bus 21 goes to Shaw Plaza / Balastier Market / Zhongshan Mall / Novena train station.
4. You can walk (probably 8 minutes) to the PIE expressway bus stop, there are buses to Toa Payoh train station.

I don't quite understand your last question. Are you looking to park your car along the roads at the private estate area to walk over to Jalan Tenteram?
The roads along the private estate are very narrow and there is no way you can park your car.

Last edited:

mssynice168

Reaction score
I've been a silent reader with no account, I stay at Tenteram Peak and I've decided to sign up for an account to help you out with your questions.

Amenities -
2. Eating house is currently under renovation and has placed a "stalls for rent" banner.
3. There is a clinic and hair salon. The salon has completed renovations. The clinic is looking to hire staff.

2. I assume not many people know there is a tunnel under the CTE expressway. You can walk from Tenteram Peak to Boon Keng train station in 20 minutes. (If you walk fast, maybe you can reach in 15 minutes time) Walk through the tunnel, pass the private apartments, temple, church. You will reach St. George's Road estate, continue walking till you see the under construction BTO, St. George's Towers. Walk on, you will arrive at Towner Road estate where Boon Keng train station is.
3. There is a bus stop opposite block 116A. Bus 21 and 129. Bus 21 goes to Shaw Plaza / Balastier Market / Zhongshan Mall / Novena train station.
4. You can walk (probably 8 minutes) to the PIE expressway bus stop, there are buses to Toa Payoh train station.

I don't quite understand your last question. Are you looking to park your car along the roads at the private estate area to walk over to Jalan Tenteram?
The roads along the private estate are very narrow and there is no way you can park your car.

Wa ! Really v detail write up abt the area. Think this could also be useful to those who are looking at the SBF at Kallang / Whampoa.

Well Done !

YoYoMa88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Amenities -

Thank you.

Wow! 24 hour Giant? Very good.

Guess getting a PMD will speed things up.

Sent from 'nothing really matters' using GAGT

fatfleaz

Reaction score

Is the expressway noise really that bad? Is your unit facing directly? High, mid or low floor? Appreciate your sharing

cloverpark

Master Member
Reaction score
Is the expressway noise really that bad? Is your unit facing directly? High, mid or low floor? Appreciate your sharing

Different people can handle noise differently. Since the project is completed, why don't you go there during morning or evening rush hour to experience the noise? I did this last time.

May I know if this is the route you are referring to?

https://www.google.com.sg/maps/dir/...bce44!2m2!1d103.8618306!2d1.3198587!3e2?hl=en

Last edited:

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
prices at giants mostly are higher than the neighborhood provision shops.

fatfleaz

Reaction score
Different people can handle noise differently. Since the project is completed, why don't you go there during morning or evening rush hour to experience the noise? I did this last time.]

I have been to the project numerous times. However, listening from the corridor is different from listening from within a unit.

orduna

Reaction score

High floor unit facing the expressway. My parent’s home is also facing the expressway hence I am used to it and does not affect me. It is all about getting used to the noise.

In my opinion, the noise from the expressway is pretty consistent, once in while you do get supercars with loud exhaust sounds zooming past.

With the windows completely shut and air-con on, the noise will reduce significantly.

Of course it is best to visit Tenteram Peak and experience the noise.

May I know if this is the route you are referring to?

Nope, this is not the route I am referring to. Google Maps does not show the tunnel under the CTE expressway.

Go to Street Directory map, you will see a black dotted line on the expressway beside Tenteram Peak MSCP.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

There are some recent ones posted this year if you have searched.

Anyway, St. George is a much better plot, Bendemeer light is good without saying. The only thing about Tenteram is price, I personally think it's reasonable given it's location. I like the bus stop along PIE but driving in and out of there is troublesome.

mssynice168

Reaction score
Where will be the location if eating house? Which block?

http://esales.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampu05p.nsf/0/17MAYSBF_FA_SITEPLAN_images_7239/$file/siteplan_KWN_N6C28B.png

If u look at the site plan provided by HDB, the Giant and eating house should be located behind Blk 116B near the parking. The EH (eating house) and SM (supermarket) is labelled in the site plan legend on the right hand side.

U also got Q for the SBF Kallang / Whampoa May 2017?

Last edited:

crystal7

Reaction score
http://esales.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampu05p.nsf/0/17MAYSBF_FA_SITEPLAN_images_7239/$file/siteplan_KWN_N6C28B.png

If u look at the site plan provided by HDB, the Giant and eating house should be located behind Blk 116B near the parking. The EH (eating house) and SM (supermarket) is labelled in the site plan legend on the right hand side.

U also got Q for the SBF Kallang / Whampoa May 2017?

Thank you!

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where will be the location if eating house? Which block?

The eating house is still vacant. Together with Giant, they form the 'bulging' part of Block 116.

The tunnel nearby is interesting because it opens up to Narnia at the other side.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.