New Ubiquiti setup! Still a work in progress.

Farish

Reaction score
fVwqjCZ.jpg

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Same here, I would have gotten the lite if I did not use the 2nd Ethernet port for pass through

dryteletubby

Reaction score
What do you use 2gbps bandwidth for just curious. I find the cloud key abit redundant in a home environment, I run the unifi controller on my plex / file server machine and with auto upgrades turn on and never look at it again lol

Farish

Reaction score
Finally got both of my access points mounted to the ceiling to improve the coverage cone. One for each floor of the house.

ZJZggzI.jpg

Farish

Reaction score
What do you use 2gbps bandwidth for just curious. I find the cloud key abit redundant in a home environment, I run the unifi controller on my plex / file server machine and with auto upgrades turn on and never look at it again lol

Got quite a few things going on the network and quite a few people streaming from my Plex server. I separate the traffic into the two WANS so nothing will get congested. A few remote NAS is doing on the fly syncs and backups too for a few business-related websites.

I like the CloudKey due to the remote access ability without needing to open ports on the firewall. Reason why it's not on the NAS is redundancy.

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Got quite a few things going on the network and quite a few people streaming from my Plex server. I separate the traffic into the two WANS so nothing will get congested. A few remote NAS is doing on the fly syncs and backups too for a few business-related websites.

I like the CloudKey due to the remote access ability without needing to open ports on the firewall. Reason why it's not on the NAS is redundancy.
Do you run plex directly on the NAS?

Farish

Reaction score
KjQ6CtL.jpg

Changed to a single 16 port switch to avoid all the interswitch links and also moved all of the equipment into a proper server rack. A lot more quieter and infinitely neater..

phayze

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2nd row from bottom. What is the small device beside the white device?

KjQ6CtL.jpg

Changed to a single 16 port switch to avoid all the interswitch links and also moved all of the equipment into a proper server rack. A lot more quieter and infinitely neater..

dryteletubby

Reaction score
KjQ6CtL.jpg

Doesn't that switch only have gigabit ports? Seems a waste with 2gbps internet

Farish

Reaction score
2nd row from bottom. What is the small device beside the white device?

It's called a CloudKey. It's an always on controller for the Unifi equipments. Needed if you do remote management of the setup. Also needed if you have a guest network with a welcome portal.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.