Wads the difference btw Aerospace Electronics & Aeronautical Engineering offered by SP?

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So City.Hunter, what is the difference between Aerospace Electronics & Aeronautical Engineering?

sdh1234

Reaction score

The main difference is that aeronautical eng has a wider career prospects compared to Aerospace.

If you compare the modules between these two, aerospace is specially catering for the Aerospace and aircraft industry.
While aeronautical covers aerospace, aircraft, and any manufacturing industry which requires aeronautical knowledge, such as automobile, super car manufacturing, sports (E.g Swimming, Football, Cycling, diving) or even civil engineering (Special buildings or Structures to reduce or increase air drifts).

Wonderstruck

Reaction score
The main difference is that aeronautical eng has a wider career prospects compared to Aerospace.

If you compare the modules between these two, aerospace is specially catering for the Aerospace and aircraft industry.
While aeronautical covers aerospace, aircraft, and any manufacturing industry which requires aeronautical knowledge, such as automobile, super car manufacturing, sports (E.g Swimming, Football, Cycling, diving) or even civil engineering (Special buildings or Structures to reduce or increase air drifts).

I beg to differ. The main difference is that aeronautical is a mechanical course managed by school of MAE whereas aerospace is an electrical course managed by school of EEE.

Therefore, aeronautical focuses more on mechanical areas such as materials, flight fundamentals, aircraft maintenance, thermofluids etc. On the other hand, aerospace students will focus on aircraft electronics, communications and circuits.

I am not aware of career prospects but I don't think it's true. Both courses have great prospects. All the best.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.