Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbieDog

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Planning to go japan during december for about 7 days. Found flights from vietnamair and thai air quite cheap, around 550 SGD ++ but got transfer.

Fly to tokyo then bus/train to osaka. Also interested in skii-ing but I'm not sure where is available without travelling too much.

Interested in disneyland, Universal studio and mostly eating and sight seeing.

Any skii ing place near tokyo or osaka? so i don't have to spend too much on travelling to hokkaido.

thwysg

Reaction score
Planning to go japan during december for about 7 days. Found flights from vietnamair and thai air quite cheap, around 550 SGD ++ but got transfer.

Fly to tokyo then bus/train to osaka. Also interested in skii-ing but I'm not sure where is available without travelling too much.

Any skii ing place near tokyo or osaka? so i don't have to spend too much on travelling to hokkaido.

??? You mean your 7D trip includes Hokkaido too?

Your trip is a very short one - 1D for USJ, 1D for TDL. Don't tell me you're not going to TDS? You only left with less than 5D. Easiest to go skiing area is Gala Yuzawa or Snow Town Yeti or Karuizawa. But if you're traveling in early Dec, there's probably no snow anywhere near Tokyo.

James Tang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

May want to give more information on your itinerary; timing of flight etc. 7 days usually left with 5 days cause of 1 day in 1 day out.

ALso which part of December? How many days in Tokyo and how many days in Osaka? One way for Tokyo-Osaka by Shinkansen is already over 3 hours so technically half day gone. 2 ways means 1 day gone.

Now you only left with 4 days to be exact.

Seyvon

Reaction score
Hi im going to Kyushu next month for the very first time on a solo trip on the 9th and i am planning to go to Nagasaki,kumamoto and Yufuin. This will also be my first time using a JR pass so i would like to get some clarifications. Is it okay if i exchange the 3 day Northern pass on the 9th (i am buying the pass in SG) but only start using it 2 days later as i want to reserve a train seat on the popular Yufuin no morin

BarbieDog

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
??? You mean your 7D trip includes Hokkaido too?

Your trip is a very short one - 1D for USJ, 1D for TDL. Don't tell me you're not going to TDS? You only left with less than 5D. Easiest to go skiing area is Gala Yuzawa or Snow Town Yeti or Karuizawa. But if you're traveling in early Dec, there's probably no snow anywhere near Tokyo.

May want to give more information on your itinerary; timing of flight etc. 7 days usually left with 5 days cause of 1 day in 1 day out.

ALso which part of December? How many days in Tokyo and how many days in Osaka? One way for Tokyo-Osaka by Shinkansen is already over 3 hours so technically half day gone. 2 ways means 1 day gone.

Now you only left with 4 days to be exact.

10 Dec to 20 Dec from Singapore to Narita - Viet air.
Will reach narita 11 Dec 7am and leave narita 20 dec 9.30 am.
So that's around 9 days.

My friend and I don't really like too much shopping. We're just looking for good food and sceneries/temple/shrine/farm(?).

It's possible to take night bus from tokyo to/fro osaka right? So 2 nights will be spent on bus.

Maybe spend 4 days in Osaka/kyoto and 5 days in Tokyo (incl disneyland, disney sea).

For the skiing part, it'll be my first time. Can it be done in a day? Or is it better to be there for 2D1N? If not really have to skip it.

Thanks!

theokcoral

Reaction score
Thank you for the helpful replies. Am off to Tsukiji today and will update if there are good finds. In Ameyoko I was offered $375/- for 1kg of Grade 1 scallops from Hokkaido, but the shops I visited looked like tourist traps.

Bought 1kg of size L dried scallops from Tsukiji outer market for $240 (post tax - the shopkeeper gave me a refund of tax on the spot. I did not have to go to the tax free counter). Thanks again everyone for the help.

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought 1kg of size L dried scallops from Tsukiji outer market for $240 (post tax - the shopkeeper gave me a refund of tax on the spot. I did not have to go to the tax free counter). Thanks again everyone for the help.

On budget, I only buy the broken pieces type from Hokkaido :o

Ownself eat never-mind ... not so nice if gift giving.

One seller very generous, give whole scallop for tasting ... yum

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

thats some expensive scallop. :eek:

mngedo

Reaction score
Hi all, are there any places outside of Tokyo that is highly recommend to visit? I have been to Tokyo many years back and did not really like it because i find it too busy as a city. I would like to try visiting the other provinces but still remain within "tourist area"

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, are there any places outside of Tokyo that is highly recommend to visit? I have been to Tokyo many years back and did not really like it because i find it too busy as a city. I would like to try visiting the other provinces but still remain within "tourist area"

har? osaka area? sapporo? many tourist places in japan.

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I feel you mean staying in Tokyo but visit the outskirts, you can try going for a day trip to Nikko or Gunma?

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
  • does JR pass cover Resort Shirakami (Akita - Aomori)?
  • which direction recommended? from akita or aomori?
  • can we make reservation for JR pass ordinary?

Estella83

Reaction score
https://www.starflyer.jp/en/fare/

hi,

I need to book airline from Haneda to Osaka, the is the cheapest airline I can find. but it is all in Japanese, can someone help? is there any cheapest way to travel from Haneda airport to Osaka airport? Time is not a problem. I have bought the wrong ticket actually.

thanks

nvm, I have saw the pdf explaining how to book the ticket. anyone who is keen, can see the website. for tourist, the ticket is only Jpy 70,000 include check in baggage 20kg. i still need to know the cheapest way to travel from Haneda to Osaka. Please help. Thanks

Last edited:

Estella83

Reaction score
How much cheaper do you need it to be?? And it's 7000y not 70k. Big difference.
My sincere apologies for the typo error. I'm going there for 3 months, that's why I need to budget. Thanks for your understanding

Anyone can help?

thwysg

Reaction score
My sincere apologies for the typo error. I'm going there for 3 months, that's why I need to budget. Thanks for your understanding

Anyone can help?

Express bus. Can be as low as 2,000yen. Current fares are around 3,000yen. Take the overnight bus and you save one day's accommodation.

Estella83

Reaction score
Express bus. Can be as low as 2,000yen. Current fares are around 3,000yen. Take the overnight bus and you save one day's accommodation.
hi, I have thought of that too but I need to travel to Shinjuku then take a bus to Osaka at around 12 midnight. And my flight lands early morning in Haneda. Seems like there isn't any straight bus from Haneda to Osaka

apeape

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm going on a 4 week holiday to Sapporo(Biei, Otaru) total 5 days, Tokyo + Mt Fuji total 11 days, Kyoto 5 days and Osaka 4 days. Just wondering what more do I need in terms of transport? I'm planning to get the 21 day JR pass, but I know some places wont be accessible via JR transport. Just want to budget for the other transport charges. Im heading there 19 Dec and coming back in Jan :)

Appreciate anyone's help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.