[Defects] Sennheiser Momentum Wireless VS Sony MDR1000X

SteM dAimyou

Reaction score
With the Comex now ongoing i went down to take a look to see if i can get any bargain for wireless headphone which i have been looking for. And i was pleasantly surprised to find 2 good deals.

1) Sennheiser Momentum Wireless: 359 (retail 699)
2) Sony MDR1000X: 450 (retail 599)

What stopped me from purchasing either on the spot is some doubts from the review i have read online.

1) Sennheiser Momentum Wireless
For a price that is nearly 50% of retail, this is really a great buy. However there is some Bluetooth(BT) syncing issue. Feedback from amazon is that some users experienced disruption in the BT connection when they are in crowded place. I myself couldnt connect to their pair of sample headphone at Comex just now. I saw tons of Samsung TV from the next booth appearing on my BT pairing list. I even tried NFC and it didnt work when my phone is just next to the cans. I m using Note 5.

Whats more, this batch of headphone sounds a bit different (dubious) to me.. it is market as "economy pack" which they claim doesnt come along with any hard pouch because the manufacturer mistakenly packed the wrong item inside the box to them. (please note the booth is manned by Sennheiser SG themselves). Secondly, i called Stereo a month ago to ask them why they have taken off "Momentum Wireless", they told me it is a recall by the manufacturer due to certain hardware faults and they have not recevied any update since then.

I am a real fan of Sennheiser but i am guessing there must be a catch somewhere. Does anyone has any idea how many version of Sennheiser Momentum Wireless there is and how to tell the difference ??

2) Sony MDR1000X
The price stated on their pamlets is 499 but it actually is 450 on the label. I tried it and it was really good imo. However online reviews show that the side of the phone cracked easily and there has been a lot of cases.

Does anyone has MDR1000X to share their experience ??

darksiedluv

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With the Comex now ongoing i went down to take a look to see if i can get any bargain for wireless headphone which i have been looking for. And i was pleasantly surprised to find 2 good deals.

1) Sennheiser Momentum Wireless: 359 (retail 699)
2) Sony MDR1000X: 450 (retail 599)

What stopped me from purchasing either on the spot is some doubts from the review i have read online.

1) Sennheiser Momentum Wireless
For a price that is nearly 50% of retail, this is really a great buy. However there is some Bluetooth(BT) syncing issue. Feedback from amazon is that some users experienced disruption in the BT connection when they are in crowded place. I myself couldnt connect to their pair of sample headphone at Comex just now. I saw tons of Samsung TV from the next booth appearing on my BT pairing list. I even tried NFC and it didnt work when my phone is just next to the cans. I m using Note 5.

Whats more, this batch of headphone sounds a bit different (dubious) to me.. it is market as "economy pack" which they claim doesnt come along with any hard pouch because the manufacturer mistakenly packed the wrong item inside the box to them. (please note the booth is manned by Sennheiser SG themselves). Secondly, i called Stereo a month ago to ask them why they have taken off "Momentum Wireless", they told me it is a recall by the manufacturer due to certain hardware faults and they have not recevied any update since then.

I am a real fan of Sennheiser but i am guessing there must be a catch somewhere. Does anyone has any idea how many version of Sennheiser Momentum Wireless there is and how to tell the difference ??

2) Sony MDR1000X
The price stated on their pamlets is 499 but it actually is 450 on the label. I tried it and it was really good imo. However online reviews show that the side of the phone cracked easily and there has been a lot of cases.

Does anyone has MDR1000X to share their experience ??
dont buy the mdr1000x

the newer model wh-1000XM2 was released at IFA 2 days ago. It will sell at a cheaper price too.

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've used the Sony amDR1000X for 9 months already and still using.
Bought from Changi Airport on 2nd Dec 2016..

So far so good... no broken parts or anything.... maybe I am very careful person... always put in the provided case.

SteM dAimyou

Reaction score
that is nice to know, i guess the defect is not prevalent in every parts then. But still the risk is too high.

I've used the Sony amDR1000X for 9 months already and still using.
Bought from Changi Airport on 2nd Dec 2016..

So far so good... no broken parts or anything.... maybe I am very careful person... always put in the provided case.

_dXter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
momentum superseded by the cheaper hd4.40 and 4.50 bt

SteM dAimyou

Reaction score
momentum superseded by the cheaper hd4.40 and 4.50 bt

4.50bt doesnt looks as comfortable as momentum, although i havent had the chance to use it though. I had Momentum 1.0 2 years ago though.
care to share why u say that ??

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.