Anyone heading to UNSW?

scarletfeather

Reaction score
true hor. yes, via IDP. waiting for nov then apply the student visa thingy then health checkup thingy

Yeah and figured it might be a good way to get to know some people and make friends there haha. And same, only I applied through AUG. If you want to consider catered accommodation you should come join me at NC ☺️

cherryblossoms

Reaction score
Yeah and figured it might be a good way to get to know some people and make friends there haha. And same, only I applied through AUG. If you want to consider catered accommodation you should come join me at NC ☺️

agree. i applied about mid July. will check it out more and consider
:s13:
if i not wrong all these on campus accommodation starts on mid January. so no stay also must pay. you planning to go unsw how early?

not sure if i want go before/after CNY.

Last edited:

scarletfeather

Reaction score
agree. i applied about mid July. will check it out more and consider
:s13:
if i not wrong all these on campus accommodation starts on mid January. so no stay also must pay. you planning to go unsw how early?

not sure if i want go before/after CNY.

Not true! Not sure about the Kensington colleges but I know that New's tentative move in date for next year is one day before UNSW o-week!

I'm flying in on the 12th; booked tickets already :p SQ was having a promotion so a return ticket was only 578-ish. Sadly I couldn't book my return ticket in July so I'm just letting my return burn lol. Cheaper than 1 way still!

cherryblossoms

Reaction score
Not true! Not sure about the Kensington colleges but I know that New's tentative move in date for next year is one day before UNSW o-week!

I'm flying in on the 12th; booked tickets already

:p

cool. i see the Internet provided is only 15gb monthly , u can survive with that? i think i need 1-2gb daily :s13: :s13:

i shall start booking flight soon too then. will look out for any promo since i missed it.
which telco do u plan to take?
still deciding prepaid or postpaid... but leaning towards optus postpaid. 14gb data with 300mins international calls.
Also seems like not many peepur going unsw here. or maybe still early lol

:s22:

Last edited:

scarletfeather

Reaction score
cool. i see the Internet provided is only 15gb monthly , u can survive with that? i think i need 1-2gb daily :s13: :s13:

i shall start booking flight soon too then. will look out for any promo since i missed it.
which telco do u plan to take?
still deciding prepaid or postpaid... but leaning towards optus postpaid. 14gb data with 300mins international calls.
Also seems like not many peepur going unsw here. or maybe still early lol

No clue about how many people – but I know UNSW will organize some pre-departure thingy early 2018 so we'll see there!

Also I asked regarding the internet thing when I had my interview and the dean said that you can upgrade to unlimited which is probably what I'm gonna do. As for mobile plans I'm probably thinking of a post-paid, not sure which provider yet! My current plan has me on 15GB per month so probably something similar haha!

Silvermoonzxc

Reaction score
Oh I've already gotten an offer from on-campus so I'll be staying there! Cost of eating out and stuff is really high in Aussie so I'll probably stay on campus until I can make a few friends and can rent an apartment or something I guess!

Hey! Was just wondering when did u get the offer for interview and when did You apply for the accommodation! I just applied and am wondering if I'm too late :(

cherryblossoms

Reaction score
No clue about how many people ********* but I know UNSW will organize some pre-departure thingy early 2018 so we'll see there!

Also I asked regarding the internet thing when I had my interview and the dean said that you can upgrade to unlimited which is probably what I'm gonna do. As for mobile plans I'm probably thinking of a post-paid, not sure which provider yet! My current plan has me on 15GB per month so probably something similar haha!

i see i see :s13: :s13:

scarletfeather

Reaction score
Hey! Was just wondering when did u get the offer for interview and when did You apply for the accommodation! I just applied and am wondering if I'm too late :(

Hm can't quite remember but I think I applied first week of July and my interview was like on the 14th or something via phone, then my offer came end August! I'm sure you're not too late at all because the guy told me I was really early lol. Also if you applied for Kensos they're not callinfnfor interviews till September!

Silvermoonzxc

Reaction score
Hm can't quite remember but I think I applied first week of July and my interview was like on the 14th or something via phone, then my offer came end August! I'm sure you're not too late at all because the guy told me I was really early lol. Also if you applied for Kensos they're not callinfnfor interviews till September!

Oh really? Thanks so much for the info!! Haha September.. that's like now... I hope I don't fall too far behind the list as I've heard staying on campus is a really hot choice and there are many applicants fingers crossed 🤞

scarletfeather

Reaction score
Oh really? Thanks so much for the info!! Haha September.. that's like now... I hope I don't fall too far behind the list as I've heard staying on campus is a really hot choice and there are many applicants fingers crossed 🤞

Yup! They should've said when they're calling for interviews in the email they sent you upon receiving your application, somewhere at the bottom. And ya I've heard the competition is really intense

Silvermoonzxc

Reaction score
Yup! They should've said when they're calling for interviews in the email they sent you upon receiving your application, somewhere at the bottom. And ya I've heard the competition is really intense

Ya they said the deans will begin calling in early sep but it's on a rolling call basis so I guess it depends where you are on the list? Then again my friend applied in dec and got a place in kensos as well, so I guess it's all kinda luck haha... so I guess I should be expecting some sort of reply in 2-4weeks time?

Last edited:

scarletfeather

Reaction score
Ya they said the deans will begin calling in early sep but it's on a rolling call basis so I guess it depends where you are on the list? Then again my friend applied in dec and got a place in kensos as well, so I guess it's all kinda luck haha... so I guess I should be expecting some sort of reply in 2-4weeks time?

Ya aussies aren't the most... um... hardworking/prompt people but I guess! Also damn it I nearly accepted my place in medicine but I ended up choosing psych instead lmao we could've been course mates!

Silvermoonzxc

Reaction score
Ya aussies aren't the most... um... hardworking/prompt people but I guess! Also damn it I nearly accepted my place in medicine but I ended up choosing psych instead lmao we could've been course mates!

HAHAHA the laid back life :) haha or mAybe we too kan Chiong! aw Man!! But psych is really cool too, I studied it as my humanities subject during high school and i really enjoyed it!! Haha but we still can be school mates/ friends :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.