SUSS Part-Time 2018/01 intake

77degrees

Reaction score
I applied in end April :s22:
Interview email came 2 months after that and email to accept the provisional offer came a week after that.

I see.. How was the interview like? And was it like a 1-1 kind or a group kind?

Ottoke

Reaction score
how is it so far? Haha! Just wondering how did you plan your timetable and still coping well so far?

They give me the timetable then I just go for their classes lor. It is not compulsory to attend them but it's good to go. Weekdays lessons start from 7pm and weekends depends on what modules you picked. Can start from 8.30am onwards

Clone_

Reaction score
I see.. How was the interview like? And was it like a 1-1 kind or a group kind?

Accountancy was 1-1, not sure about the rest.
Interview was roughly 20 minutes. The staff there will ask you to fill up a questionnaire;
1. Why choose SUSS?
2. Why study this at this point of your career?
3. What are your plans after graduating or something like that.
4. 2nd choice of course

The interview was basically the same thing just that you need elaborate further.

77degrees

Reaction score
Accountancy was 1-1, not sure about the rest.
Interview was roughly 20 minutes. The staff there will ask you to fill up a questionnaire;
1. Why choose SUSS?
2. Why study this at this point of your career?
3. What are your plans after graduating or something like that.
4. 2nd choice of course

The interview was basically the same thing just that you need elaborate further.

Oh, thanks for sharing! :) hope its gonna be useful! :)

77degrees

Reaction score
They give me the timetable then I just go for their classes lor. It is not compulsory to attend them but it's good to go. Weekdays lessons start from 7pm and weekends depends on what modules you picked. Can start from 8.30am onwards

so what mods are you taking this term? and what mods will you be doing for the upcoming term 2?

Ottoke

Reaction score
so what mods are you taking this term? and what mods will you be doing for the upcoming term 2?

Essential Writing - T1
Social Science - T1
Media Comm in a Changing World - T2
Visual Texts and Comm - T2

The Course guide would have told you which one is held at T1 and which one is in T2.

77degrees

Reaction score
Essential Writing - T1
Social Science - T1
Media Comm in a Changing World - T2
Visual Texts and Comm - T2

The Course guide would have told you which one is held at T1 and which one is in T2.

Oh, after knowing what will be offered in T1 & T2, will the school advise to do what mods first? Or would it be more based on individual preference to clear which mods first?

Ottoke

Reaction score
Oh, after knowing what will be offered in T1 & T2, will the school advise to do what mods first? Or would it be more based on individual preference to clear which mods first?

No preference, just do what you want, advice is to clear all level 1 mods 1st

bakacyan

Reaction score
Anybody who applied for Bachelor in Finance received the acceptance letter already ?

broccolina

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I just received an email offering admissions to BAES - Ba in Eng & Sociology in 2018/01 :)

I wasn't confident in being admitted but I'm so glad I got in

snakeku

Reaction score
Just got accepted to BAEL - BA English Language and Literature! Feeling nervous now!

Tomatomadness

Reaction score
Hey has anyone been accepted into Marketing for 2018/01 intake? How was the interview like? There were no other components like essay writing or other test right?

broccolina

Reaction score
Just got accepted to BAEL - BA English Language and Literature! Feeling nervous now!

Yay congrats!! We are fellow English mates haha.

I was wondering if u were called for an interview? Also, how long after u applied did u get the offer?

I wasn't called down for an interview & I was accepted exactly 7 days after application LOL I was super surprised to get such a fuss free & quick response!

cxsyjjl

Reaction score
Yay congrats!! We are fellow English mates haha.

I was wondering if u were called for an interview? Also, how long after u applied did u get the offer?

I wasn't called down for an interview & I was accepted exactly 7 days after application LOL I was super surprised to get such a fuss free & quick response!

Congratulations! Maybe your credentials helped you in securing the entrance quicker? Say, maybe you have very established work experience, or your grades in diploma/A levels were fantastic? Are you going to work while pursuing your degree?

Cheers!

broccolina

Reaction score
Congratulations! Maybe your credentials helped you in securing the entrance quicker? Say, maybe you have very established work experience, or your grades in diploma/A levels were fantastic? Are you going to work while pursuing your degree?

Cheers!

I'm currently working but not in an industry related to my degree. So I'm looking for a new job! Haha my poly gpa not even 2 hence I didn't have high hopes. I have a science diploma from NYP, nth impressive!

cxsyjjl

Reaction score
I'm currently working but not in an industry related to my degree. So I'm looking for a new job! Haha my poly gpa not even 2 hence I didn't have high hopes. I have a science diploma from NYP, nth impressive!

I see! Science diploma to English degree... What made you take the change? How long has it been since you graduated?

Anyway, about the course workload, I am sure it's 130cu for BAEL too right? Based on my understanding, maximum 20cu per semester meaning 4 modules per semester.

1 semester consists 2 terms. So each term, one will do 2 modules and take exams? Then another 2 modules and take exams?

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score
I see! Science diploma to English degree... What made you take the change? How long has it been since you graduated?

Anyway, about the course workload, I am sure it's 130cu for BAEL too right? Based on my understanding, maximum 20cu per semester meaning 4 modules per semester.

1 semester consists 2 terms. So each term, one will do 2 modules and take exams? Then another 2 modules and take exams?

nope.
finish both terms (aka 1 semester) den take 4 exams, if all 4 got exams la.
most of the ppl can work + take 4 exams .. however some working,but take 2-3 lor. iirc, suss website got put, most ppl take around 4.5 years to complete. so should be 3 modules per semester and resits here and there i guess

cxsyjjl

Reaction score
nope.
finish both terms (aka 1 semester) den take 4 exams, if all 4 got exams la.
most of the ppl can work + take 4 exams .. however some working,but take 2-3 lor. iirc, suss website got put, most ppl take around 4.5 years to complete. so should be 3 modules per semester and resits here and there i guess

Hmm then that would mean for the 2 modules taken in Term 1 would wait through Term 2? Might lose touch after Term 2???

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.