If you're thinking of buying a Secretlab chair... do NOT. Winter will come.

sacredrays

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
those whose secretlab chair peeled, how you guys do your maintenance?

those whose secretlab chair still good condition after long time, how you guys do your maintenance?

m0n0n0ke

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah Ts what did you do with your chair? Mine is almost 2 years old, still looks brand new leh...

4TF36Qb.png

Btw those those GoT puns :s13::s13:
So lastest shipment batch all git qc problem?

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ppl who own secret labs chair and peel didn't apply moisturizer lar.. That's why the leather peel so fast.. The chair every week need to a apply leathercare one... This chair is only for those with maid who can help u do the leather care.. Lol

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same goes for "no loss of suction" Dyson. Fancy and ingenious marketing trumps everything else. And it rallies their fanboys as well.

I own the Dyson v8.. Yes it is expensive.. But the portability make cleaning so easy.. Pairs with xiaomi vacuum robot.. I only need to mop weekly only.. Until now I dun know which China clone or other brands can have same cleaning heads and suction power and yet portable as dyson. If have pls share...

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ehh on this topic, any recommendation for vacumn cleaner not? LOL side track from main topic but ur reply reminded me need to get a new vacumn Liao haha

Budget wise not really a concern since want something good and have good filters etc. Originally looking at rainbow, then shifted focus on Dyson, seems like now I'll be looking at rainbow again..

Pm me if dw to reply to this thread, thanks in advance!!

PMs sent =:p

Personally used a dyson vacuum. They can suck very fine dust particles which most vacuum simply couldn't. So you can actually skip mopping the floor subsequently.
But don't expect very muffled sound from them.
I don't know what's with the "no loss of suction" issue as long as they vacuum properly

Sometimes, even that cheapo $30 NTUC or $50 cock brand from qoo10 got better suction power out of the box than Dyson because they just stick a powerful motor in there. But because their filters are worse than a 3M sponge, the dust spews back out from the exhaust. No brainer as to where it lands on

Clever marketing is a winner - make something consumers think they need it when they actually don't. Focus on "no loss of suction" when suction isn't even needed to be improve on.

Market "premium materials" and say it's for GAMING, when it's the same PU leather on Ikea chairs that's known to peel (correct me if I'm wrong hor chair gurus).

Proclaim "quality components, high stability and strict QC", when that $500 Z270 board is as likely to chibaboom as the $100 H110 board

I own the Dyson v8.. Yes it is expensive.. But the portability make cleaning so easy.. Pairs with xiaomi vacuum robot.. I only need to mop weekly only.. Until now I dun know which China clone or other brands can have same cleaning heads and suction power and yet portable as dyson. If have pls share...

Different category as V6/V8 are handheld stick vacs. And in that category, yes, Dyson is a leader without a rival to match. Each to his own, I'm just not keen on bagless maintenance and spending two vacuum cleaners worth of money on a single motorised sweeper.

bratpig

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised Secretlab has not respond yet.

My noble is still serving me well. Just annoyed with that irritating creaking sound, which nobody knows how to solve

muddle

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
those whose secretlab chair peeled, how you guys do your maintenance?

those whose secretlab chair still good condition after long time, how you guys do your maintenance?

I don't own this chair, but as with any faux leather stuffs, wipe off sweat if in contact. Don't go shirtless on this chair if you don't have aircon.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't own this chair, but as with any faux leather stuffs, wipe off sweat if in contact. Don't go shirtless on this chair if you don't have aircon.

i seat on my aeron sweating after sports and i dun need to worry any skin peeling or what for mine chair.. the pellical material wun absorb sweat one and is cooling to seat on... :s13:

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U9VEMu0.jpg
3Cinvg9.jpg

It will come in the form of your chair peeling. It will Snow white and black flakes all over your room. For $500, it’s advertised as the ‘crème de la crème’ of chairs. When buying it, I figured to pay a bit more for a quality one that would last me.

This ‘Premium quality’, ‘durable’, made with ‘High quality core materials’ chair lasted me 15 months before it started to peel simultaneously in multiple places including the sides. Usage may Varys, but It’s probably not just a super abrasive butt mistreating the chair. It hasn’t seen direct sunlight, just regular ol’ Singapore humidity, like every other chair for home use.

Support offered to replace the seat and backrest leather for $150, about 30% of the chair itself. Plus a very generous complimentary bottle of ‘premium’ leather cleaner. $150 for another brief 15 months before my chair turns Greyscale and my room Castle Black? Not today.

It’s not all doom and gloom. It’s a comfortable chair for sure, and the mechanisms have held up well. It’s just that if you’re expecting it to last you for years to come, I implore you - don’t get Littlefingered.
Your chair made in China ????

Sent from Nokia 8250 using GAGT

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
Sometimes, even that cheapo $30 NTUC or $50 cock brand from qoo10 got better suction power out of the box than Dyson because they just stick a powerful motor in there. But because their filters are worse than a 3M sponge, the dust spews back out from the exhaust. No brainer as to where it lands on

do show me the physical results if you decided to add another filter at the vacuum exhaust;)

also sad that my $300-400 vacuum have filter worse than 3m sponge as you mentioned

muddle

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i seat on my aeron sweating after sports and i dun need to worry any skin peeling or what for mine chair.. the pellical material wun absorb sweat one and is cooling to seat on... :s13:

Perhaps any mesh material would feel the same too. Whereas you're seating and resting on solid blocks of foam for this type of chair.

xtractor

Master Member
Reaction score
Ppl who own secret labs chair and peel didn't apply moisturizer lar.. That's why the leather peel so fast.. The chair every week need to a apply leathercare one... This chair is only for those with maid who can help u do the leather care.. Lol

buy so expensive chair must apply moisturizer?i use cheapo gaming chair bought @ q0010 almost 2 yrs liao no need mosturizer still no peeling:s22:

Last edited:

tmfwy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U9VEMu0.jpg
3Cinvg9.jpg

It will come in the form of your chair peeling. It will Snow white and black flakes all over your room. For $500, it’s advertised as the ‘crème de la crème’ of chairs. When buying it, I figured to pay a bit more for a quality one that would last me.

This ‘Premium quality’, ‘durable’, made with ‘High quality core materials’ chair lasted me 15 months before it started to peel simultaneously in multiple places including the sides. Usage may Varys, but It’s probably not just a super abrasive butt mistreating the chair. It hasn’t seen direct sunlight, just regular ol’ Singapore humidity, like every other chair for home use.

Support offered to replace the seat and backrest leather for $150, about 30% of the chair itself. Plus a very generous complimentary bottle of ‘premium’ leather cleaner. $150 for another brief 15 months before my chair turns Greyscale and my room Castle Black? Not today.

It’s not all doom and gloom. It’s a comfortable chair for sure, and the mechanisms have held up well. It’s just that if you’re expecting it to last you for years to come, I implore you - don’t get Littlefingered.
I've seen this happneing to chairs of not just secret labs, but other brands as well

Its called WEAR AND TEAR

If i want to pay >$500 for a director style chair, i'll just go for full leather
Else there are plenty of cheap chairs. Ikea has long guarantees but have to bring the chair in after you get an RA number

If Upholstery peeling is a concern, do get a chair from a brand / distro with a strong warranty offering.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.