Ubiquiti UAP-AC-PRO-US

Sadist4life

Reaction score
I am facing an issue where my upload speed is capped at 150Mbps on both a smartphone (2x2 MIMO) and MacBook Pro (3x3 MIMO) according to the local speedtests over Wi-Fi. The download speed ranges from 300-400Mbps on a 2x2 MIMO device.

Can someone with the Unifi AC Pro post his local speedtests as well? Thanks in advance.

Apex

Reaction score
This is a speedtest done on AC-LR with Iphone 7

hdvFUuy.jpg

s5ryRtk.png

1st test m1 server
2nd test Starhub server

Sadist4life

Reaction score
This is a speedtest done on AC-LR with Iphone 7

hdvFUuy.jpg

s5ryRtk.png

1st test m1 server
2nd test Starhub server

Thank you very much! Your post confirmed my doubts. I guess it's time to show my administrator and get him to investigate this.

HuatKway

Reaction score
if you put your wireless router in DB box, you won't have good wifi coverage already.

Unifi AP is just a wireless AP which works like your wireless router, which needs to be placed in a centralised location and that you have to find the location yourself, whereas an extender leeches on the existing wifi network and broadcast it further at a cost of lower bandwidth, as part of the source is being utilised as a backhaul.

I suggest you consider shifting the wireless router out and avoid using extender.. :)
Does that mean this is similar to a wireless Extender? Am looking at to buy a mesh or this... Not sure how this works though. I have an existing router ac68 but my rooms having shitty connections.

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Difference* should be the channels.

You won't get channel 12 and 13 for 2.4 GHz

For 5ghz, no DFS.

Good buy at Amazon now.
when first setting up the access point it will ask you which country you are from. If you select Singapore you will have DFS channels for 5ghz and channel 12, 13 for 2.4ghz

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Best to buy from amazon if it does not ship over here use a freight forwarder. Savings can be substantial.

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Import from amazon about SGD180+ but you lose channel 12 and 13.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.