Johor Bahru - share is caring

Status
Not open for further replies.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are there any van for hire from JB to Singapore? Thanks

I also wanna know. I know confirm have and 1 of the drop off or pick up point is opposite Big Box. My company bus, i always see Msian Alphard/Estima waiting there then ciao.

fatfleaz

Reaction score
I also wanna know. I know confirm have and 1 of the drop off or pick up point is opposite Big Box. My company bus, i always see Msian Alphard/Estima waiting there then ciao.

I'm asking for van for bulky item purchases, and not so much for transport purposes

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Take bus in, i only hate the part on Sunday when going home time. Damn sian. The queue for 160 and 170 is insane but at least it moves fast.
Wah need leave so early ah Sian.. Thanks btw

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT
You can leave later but will jam loh. Although have jam but the queue moves okay-ish. If you're taking 170 then yeah, its a little faster than others.
Leave so early you referring to going Malaysia or exiting Malaysia?

For going, you'd wanna go before 1200. This is to avoid clashing with the working crowd crossing the border. I say optimally between 0900-1000, because you are going from Woodlands, and after 10ish the frequency for 950 can get super irregular. I've once encountered 1 hour plus intervals between each bus service. Alternatively, you may want to board 856, alight at the Woodlands train station, and walk over to Singapore customs. It takes around 10-15 minutes.

After you reach Singapore customs, you can choose to take bus 950 or 160/170 (there are different queue lanes for each but whichever comes first both lanes will board until th bus is full). 160/170 has a WAY BETTER frequency than 950 (one bus every 10-20 minutes compared to one every 30-60 minutes), so unless you spot 950 there and can make a run for it, ALWAYS join the 160/170 line.

Coming back before 1700 and ideally at around 1400 is for the same reason as going there: to avoid the jam due to people commuting to/fro work. It's a bit of a tall order, but check online if you still can secure any tickets to Woodlands. If you can, then don't have to worry about waiting in line liao.

Sent from my toaster oven using GAGT

Last edited:

jollyboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Leave so early you referring to going Malaysia or exiting Malaysia?

For going, you'd wanna go before 1200. This is to avoid clashing with the working crowd crossing the border. I say optimally between 0900-1000, because you are going from Woodlands, and after 10ish the frequency for 950 can get super irregular. I've once encountered 1 hour plus intervals between each bus service. Alternatively, you may want to board 856, alight at the Woodlands train station, and walk over to Singapore customs. It takes around 10-15 minutes.

I meant leaving Malaysia haha. We were planning to go into Malaysia at ard 9+ also so yea no problem entering early

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I meant leaving Malaysia haha. We were planning to go into Malaysia at ard 9+ also so yea no problem entering early

Go check train tickets lo, although likely to be sold out, especially the popular timings, you never know with such things.

Arbo jiu leave later lo. I'm currently in JB, bought 2220 train ticket home and now lepaking in Starbucks, charging my phone and jiaking peanuts I bought earlier from pasar malam. :s13:

Oh, I edited my earlier post also.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go check train tickets lo, although likely to be sold out, especially the popular timings, you never know with such things.

Arbo jiu leave later lo. I'm currently in JB, bought 2220 train ticket home and now lepaking in Starbucks, charging my phone and jiaking peanuts I bought earlier from pasar malam. :s13:

Oh, I edited my earlier post also.

You go to the KSL pasar malam arh? :s11:

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stick to the dependable Hiap Joo for your cake fix in JB. This is quite awful (at least for the cheese flavor). The highly popular chocolate flavor usually sells out by 6 in the evening, the staff chirped.

h6LBCGnl.jpg

cmuGxNol.jpg

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Stick to the dependable Hiap Joo for your cake fix in JB. This is quite awful (at least for the cheese flavor). The highly popular chocolate flavor usually sells out by 6 in the evening, the staff chirped.

h6LBCGnl.jpg

cmuGxNol.jpg

actually this cake is just paper wrap sponge cake we ate in the past, they just made it bigger

maybe Taiwan or jb citizens never eat before such sponge cake so many queue

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually this cake is just paper wrap sponge cake we ate in the past, they just made it bigger

maybe Taiwan or jb citizens never eat before such sponge cake so many queue
Now not much queue liao, and they seem to have realised that and slashed the prices. Original one is now RM 15.

I think the appeal comes from the eggy flavor and wobbly texture. Should be okay if you eat it on the spot, but this kind of cakes cannot keep one. The Hiap Joo banana cake even until the next day still very nice.

pacetone

Reaction score
Now not much queue liao, and they seem to have realised that and slashed the prices. Original one is now RM 15.

I think the appeal comes from the eggy flavor and wobbly texture. Should be okay if you eat it on the spot, but this kind of cakes cannot keep one. The Hiap Joo banana cake even until the next day still very nice.

The Ah Ma's sponge cake here is selling at S$8/-, about the same taste? Always long queue and limited to 2 per person.

The Hiap Joo banana cake is too sweet for me.

skinergy

Reaction score

h6LBCGnl.jpg

cmuGxNol.jpg

Tried the original and chocolate flavour as the Queue on Monday was pretty short compared to the other times I have seen. Not very sweet which is what I like. Will buy again if Q is not too long. Good for people who do not have sweet tooth

Hiap Joo banana cake is nice but must eat it with expresso/strong coffee to take out the sweetness.

Insatiable_creat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Parents like the original flavor. Not much difference from cheese imo. Just that the trip home is long and will somehow lose its flavor when reached sg.

Will only try hiap Joo when there's car.. lol..

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
How to go Aeon Mall Bandar Dato’ Onn?
Take cab how much?

Where can rent van? To go one area lol. I going with group of 9

Last edited:

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Parents like the original flavor. Not much difference from cheese imo. Just that the trip home is long and will somehow lose its flavor when reached sg.

Will only try hiap Joo when there's car.. lol..
Erm Hiap Joo not that far from City Square what. On foot probably around 5-10 minutes (my walking speed slightly faster).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.