[Mini ITX] First time building help!

shengheee

Reaction score
Research a bit on it.
AMD on par with Intel liao.
Better worth in terms of value. But if can wait, wait for Intel 8th Gen on October and judge again. As of now, I would recommend AMD as it is a better buy as of now during the time I post this.

I wait for the 8th Gen intel to come out ba. My current laptop still can dong.

1BadAssLobster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Zhun ah, ram 2133 MHz also can ah. That casing like nice leh. I saw one also, Thermaltake core V1.

Zhun, you can check youtube for test being done, not noticeable performance boost.

Core 500, I personally using, have the best air flow to me. Core V1 the rear fan are using 80mm eh, noisy and doesnt move much air besides the fact 80mm are hard to find alr.

My Core 500 I send to some handyman to cut away the vents on the top and side, fresh
unobstructed air intake!

shengheee

Reaction score
Zhun, you can check youtube for test being done, not noticeable performance boost.

Core 500, I personally using, have the best air flow to me. Core V1 the rear fan are using 80mm eh, noisy and doesnt move much air besides the fact 80mm are hard to find alr.

My Core 500 I send to some handyman to cut away the vents on the top and side, fresh
unobstructed air intake!

Nice. But my house a bit dusty leh. I worry the accumulation of dust on the case.

1BadAssLobster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice. But my house a bit dusty leh. I worry the accumulation of dust on the case.

Then make sure your area is as clean as possible, dust cannot run away one, have PC sure have to deal with dusting your PC once in a while.

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

shengheee

Reaction score

shengheee

Reaction score
Case exterior/ dust filter vacumn cleaner

Interior components ONLY canned compressed air / compressor

Any reason why internal components ONLY can be cleaned by using canned compressed air/compressor??

Also, where did you get your Fractal Design Nano S? I think i'm purchasing that first before purchasing the other stuffs.

Last edited:

1BadAssLobster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Built the core V1 a couple of times with 2x Arctic F8 80mm fans at the back, which seem to move the air quite a bit on the contrary, pulling the hot air away directly as it is just beside the CPU HSF and GPU.

Temps look great for my cases. So not sure what fan you used that you say the air don't move much.

Sent from PM me if you wanna build a DIY PC or wanna learn how to make one yourself :D using GAGT

80mm fan move less air than a 140mm, that's a given, so why go with 2 fans when u can go with just one 140mm. Less cable, less noise, more air flow.

Last edited:

joshuaho

Reaction score
U don't want to risk shorting the board by rubbing the brushes of the vacumn cleaner over it..

Bought it from make fine SLS as they were the only one having stock at my time of purchase haha. U may want to check out the newer silverstone RVZ03 << iirc that's the model number.. has quite a nice design

Any reason why internal components ONLY can be cleaned by using canned compressed air/compressor??

Also, where did you get your Fractal Design Nano S? I think i'm purchasing that first before purchasing the other stuffs.

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
80mm fan move less air than a 140mm, that's a given, so why go with 2 fans when u can go with just one 140mm. Less cable, less noise, more air flow.
Just justifying the Core V1 doesn't have airflow issue. I know 140mm move more air but also considering the case is larger in size too. Cable management is fun imo, noise level is controlled by your fan curve. So those are minor issue only to me.

Sent from PM me if you wanna build a DIY PC or wanna learn how to make one yourself :D using GAGT

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Fractal Design Node 202 $129
Fractal Design Define Nano S $119
Silverstone RVZ03 RGB $169
Thermaltake Core V1 $79

Prices all in SRP. See which design you like and which suits your budget.

1BadAssLobster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just justifying the Core V1 doesn't have airflow issue. I know 140mm move more air but also considering the case is larger in size too. Cable management is fun imo, noise level is controlled by your fan curve. So those are minor issue only to me.

Huh? Larger? V1 is taller, Core 500 is longer only but shorter.

Ya fun, but why have more wire when you can have less but achieve the same or more, more efficient system design that way mah.

Besides, most itx boards have like 1 fan header only, cant control all fans. So why limit the air flow to reduce noise when you can max the air flow with lower noise.

1BadAssLobster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They are mostly available at SLS right? I maybe dropping down to take a look.
Yeah mostly available.
Huh? Larger? V1 is taller, Core 500 is longer only but shorter.

Ya fun, but why have more wire when you can have less but achieve the same or more, more efficient system design that way mah.

Besides, most itx boards have like 1 fan header only, cant control all fans. So why limit the air flow to reduce noise when you can max the air flow with lower noise.
Alright you got your points across. Core V1 is indeed inferior compared to Core 500 but I still insist on the point there's no airflow issue with the case.
Dont get Nano S, your gpu fan intake will be block by the psu, affecting gpu's thermal by quite a bit.

Fractal Design Core 500 $99
Use SFX PSU to relief the problem. Or just like what you suggested, Core 500 works too.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.