Learning Curve of Degree Courses

Darrylng95

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am currently in NUS computing school, information system course.
However, i am having a difficult time catching up. I am starting to think that i am not suitable for the course, espeically programming module. I am also considering changing course to something more general and easier to catch up/follow. I am in year 1 sem 1.

Please give some advice!!

plsbanthem

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is nothing "general" about university programmes. Each has their own purposes and usefulness.

If programming is not your thing, then settle for something else. Just don't make the wrong decision again.

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

However, i am having a difficult time catching up. I am starting to think that i am not suitable for the course, espeically programming module. I am also considering changing course to something more general and easier to catch up/follow. I am in year 1 sem 1.

the only so called "general" one is a course called Bachelor of General Studies in suss. but i dunnoe whats the point of having this course. Unless ur just looking for a job that requires a degree thats all, then this course should be ok.

Darrylng95

Reaction score
I see, how about the learning curves of other module? I am thinking of transferring to business but I got no prior knowledge in business too =<

ForSIT

Reaction score
I would say that the reason why you are feeling that you are "unable to cope" is because you are not used to what you are studying RATHER than the rigour of the course

A reputable degree is designed to break the limits of each individual so that they progress to a higher limit

You are just in y1s1, I would suggest that you continue and see how it goes because its still too early to decide if you are unable to cope in this course

Computing is something you have zero experience in if youre from JC so it might be a case whereby you are not used to studying computing rather than the problem of the rigour

You might be going for easier options (going for courses with lower learning curve)
But you have to also take note that easy option (i suppose those arts/humanities type of courses) might not have a better prospects than what you are studying now (computing)

Last edited:

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Let me guess, you're in Computing because you were told it pays well? :s13:

TS, my suggestion is to go study something which interests you. No point forcing yourself through Computing

bakutayd

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I fear for my course as well when i come out of army. :s13:
But TBH don't give up! I believe everyone will feel the same way as u at some point during their course. Just need to persevere and work hard, espcially in areas u are weak in.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.