PC: Good to go?

Irenicus

Master Member
Reaction score
I think you should check out the casings physically to see whether is it too bulky or able to fit onto your desk/floor, the looks of it, port placement, etc...

Last edited:

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol..where you stay? Get a psu whereby it's distro is nearer to you lor.

getting an product brand base on the distro you stay in is bloody stupid man....

it's all about price to performance value product over that.

I have bad exp with all the local distro before so i don't need to name them out.

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Meaning buy which power supply end of the day also RNG la...

Nice! Tyvm Irenicus!

Nowaday every product we purchase are based on RNG de la :s13:
But i do recommend SuperFlower, Look at my Rig for more info xD as my Season lasted me only 2yrs before it kaboom for no reason

last time i help my bro build pc rig, the MB are DOA and dmg both the cpu my bro purchase and the store test cpu. the store management shake head and replaced the MB but not the CPU. ask me for RMA :vijayadmin:

1BadAssLobster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Casing I think I firm on Frontliner/Tecware Alpha. And also.... quad but that one abit not mainstream. But looks like a subwoofer. Lol. Any opinion on it?

The Alpha is cheap, good airflow, comes with 2x usb3 in the front, comes with front, back and top fan. So value.

Avoid Tecware, for the same price or less, you can get Cooler Master N200.
It is also cheap, better airflow and comes with 2 fans also, but with much better build quality.

Go for Tecware if poor quality, soft metal, cheap plastic, unreliable fans, shaky USB ports and crappy power button is your thing.

Last edited:

pr0dygi

Reaction score
lol, just because someone says get the superflower leadex silver then you conclude seasonic also no good? :s22:
Search around abit more, Seasonic is always churning out tier 1 psu.

I wasnt saying seasonic is no good. Im going 1 big round and saying "paying abit more and get something better is never ending"

I say I get A, someone say B.
I say I get B, someone say C.

End of the day its RNG.

But of course im appreciative of all the help from everyone.

Like that I get Xigmatek sua. N200 not my 菜.

Last edited:

1BadAssLobster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wasnt saying seasonic is no good. Im going 1 big round and saying "paying abit more and get something better is never ending"

I say I get A, someone say B.
I say I get B, someone say C.

But of course im appreciative of all the help from everyone.

Like that I get Xigmatek sua. N200 not my 菜.

Ohhh I see.
Aiya, he tot silver is better than bronze then say silver better nia, but actually silver and bronze no diff, get a bronze enough already.

Alrite, your call. I hope xigmatek frontliner manufacturing process improved for it's tempered glass, saw a few having cracked panel within a day.

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ohhh I see.
Aiya, he tot silver is better than bronze then say silver better nia, but actually silver and bronze no diff, get a bronze enough already.

Alrite, your call. I hope xigmatek frontliner manufacturing process improved for it's tempered glass, saw a few having cracked panel within a day.

Can claim warranty right? Ya TS, stick to your budget instead of keep adding a little bit more.haha...

gerrickchua

Reaction score
Am using tecware quad and at first got problems with inserting my mobo in because got this metal part refuse to give way.

In the end I use force and because the metal not as solid so easily removed it and then good to go

Overall a solid case for its price I feel but if I had more Budget I would definitely think of getting a more solid one.

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

1BadAssLobster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Emmmm I'm not recommending based on certifications....recommending based on psu. Oh well at the end of the day is ts choice.

Btw i didnt say seasonic m12ii is bad - http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=185

Just that if can, choose a decent modular psu. Super flower leadex is one of the cheaper and better ones.

Aiya, both is good modular psu, I use superflower extensively also. But to me silver is like the weird middle child, neither here nor there when comes to 80+ grading. Either bronze, or gold.

pr0dygi

Reaction score
From the way Synchronicity type, I know he read alot of review and honestly I also gt read the one he recommend got the best review. But like that top up $20 top up $20 really making my finance minister aggro.

Personally I believe that if a product is bad there would be TONS of negative review online. But since I cant find any then shud be safe. Every product gt chance to get RNG bad one la.

To me, idc if bronze or gold. 80 or 85 I dont really bother.

1BadAssLobster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From the way Synchronicity type, I know he read alot of review and honestly I also gt read the one he recommend got the best review. But like that top up $20 top up $20 really making my finance minister aggro.

Personally I believe that if a product is bad there would be TONS of negative review online. But since I cant find any then shud be safe. Every product gt chance to get RNG bad one la.

lol, in that case don't come forum ask lah, ownself research and decide can alr, since u dont care and already fixated only on what you found. Funny eh you.

The way you put it, then why you still get ASUS, Gigabyte, Samsung and Corsair? Get ASRock, Palit, PNY and SKHynix can alr, all about RNG mah, there is no good quality or bad quality parts, only you heng or suay nia.

All the OEM wasted millions on their R&D and QC liao, should have let RNG take over good enuff.

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

better don't skimp on PSU...anything happen to PSU will shock circuit to your MB then to other part also GG.

just get a Gold+ PSU

pr0dygi

Reaction score
lol, in that case don't come forum ask lah, ownself research and decide can alr, since u dont care and already fixated only on what you found. Funny eh you.

The way you put it, then why you still get ASUS, Gigabyte, Samsung and Corsair? Get ASRock, Palit, PNY and SKHynix can alr, all about RNG mah, there is no good quality or bad quality parts, only you heng or suay nia.

All the OEM wasted millions on their R&D and QC liao, should have let RNG take over good enuff.

1) More inputs doesn't hurt. Im fixated but nt stubborn. Quite afew people say Tecware F3 is bad, then I dont buy. It was my initial choice.

2) Initially I did think about getting Asrock. But Asrock mobo got no C-State that's why I took Asus in the end. Certainly not for the brand.

@robolee Yup, getting a Gold+ PSU.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.