Shopback

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
though taobao shopback is less these days,
anyone knows whether shopback is credited, if taobao order is paid with daifu or alipay balance? Or only strictly credit card?
(didn't see it mentioned in shopback t&c)

Opps-gal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
though taobao shopback is less these days,
anyone knows whether shopback is credited, if taobao order is paid with daifu or alipay balance? Or only strictly credit card?
(didn't see it mentioned in shopback t&c)

Last time use alipay balance can claim. Now not sure? Getting difficult to claim? Rejected...ask cso, cso ask me back how I placed order? Thought the procedure same as last time? Anybody also has difficulty claiming?

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Last time use alipay balance can claim. Now not sure? Getting difficult to claim? Rejected...ask cso, cso ask me back how I placed order? Thought the procedure same as last time? Anybody also has difficulty claiming?

getting more difficult nowadays. the shopback CSO will keep asking random questions like whether you cancelled order, try as hard as possible not to have to contact the merchant, just trying to place the fault on you.

blurpandasg2014

Reaction score
Seems that shopback has an issue with tracking easybook or catchthatbus transactions.

The investigation takes ages and still pending. Anyone has successfully claimed the shopback for both merchants?

ska13a

Reaction score
Give out free money got use?
Transaction anyhow got cancel

Merchant and shopback pointing finger

laurent_rio

Reaction score
The all time ShopBack excuse ... "i hope u understand, we dont get paid if u dont get paid" :s22:

yup...i ask about my recent emirates and ctrip transactions..and i am sure i bought through shopback since it is recorded in their system when you claim for missing cashback but in the end they said you are not entitled for cashback due to no record of purchasing ???

chongpang

Reaction score
Shopback indeed being funny recently as i bought from Expedia through Shopback but they are trying to deny it, pending for investigations. :(

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes getting really bad. Completed stay, transaction was tracked, but shopback claims merchant rejected the transaction. I provided supporting documents but they flat out refused to even check again with the merchant.

Especially if you kena this rep called Taylor. Every time I kena this person handling my case, ask a **** ton of documentation just to find fault. The documentation never forwarded to merchant to clarify. After cannot find anymore fault then just say we don't get paid you don't get paid.

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have you completed the actual trip/stay yet?

Earlier this year, there was conflicting info about when to submit hotel claim.

One part of their website says, u have to complete the stay first then submit the claim.

Another part says u have to submit claim within 100 days of transaction.

I asked them what if my hotel stay is 101 days later :s22: (so by the time I completed stay, it wld have been more than 100 days)

On Facebook, they say submit before completing.

I simply cancelled my booking altogether and used Expedia code for better rates.

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Super duper lip service :

"Please accept our deepest apologies for the trouble and miscommunication you had to experience with us. And thank you, as we really appreciate that you took the time to share about your experience with us. Our unhappy customer is our greatest learning source. This situation is not typical of us as we take our client’s satisfaction very seriously which is imparted through one our values here in ShopBack; Never Ending Customer Obsession! Thus, we have a zero tolerance policy in this respect. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you to make up for the hiccups that you faced along your journey with us?"

After weeks of waiting, comes "i hope u understand, we dont get paid if u dont get paid"

What a joke

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
I think they just got lazy and are no longer fighting for lost cashback where the merchants try to play punk. Just sit there for easy money.

decibels

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My grab ride so many missing cashback, file for all of them since last mth and they came back to me saying they can't do anything!! Boycott them liao!!

zumaba

Reaction score
Shopback is dying out. Many bank coupon is not allowed to use in its app.

Not worth the efforts and dump it already.

Last edited:

TheAlphaLion

Reaction score
Alternative to shopback is TopCashback, it is in USD and don't have local cashback like Grab, but have most other sites like hotels and travel, and can redeem USD cashback for Amazon gift card. PM me if you want a ref link.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.