[Mini ITX] First time building help!

1BadAssLobster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah mostly available.

Alright you got your points across. Core V1 is indeed inferior compared to Core 500 but I still insist on the point there's no airflow issue with the case.

Use SFX PSU to relief the problem. Or just like what you suggested, Core 500 works too.

Sent from PM me if you wanna build a DIY PC or wanna learn how to make one yourself :D using GAGT

I didn't say Core V1 have issue with airflow from the start, im saying it's just not ideal.

hmm, that could work. Now that I got a SFF psu myself, maybe can reconsider Nano S for myself..

shengheee

Reaction score

shengheee

Reaction score
Smaller in size, cost more and usually warmer and slightly louder under load cos they use smaller fan. Only get SFX when you need it.

Wa. So many trade offs ah. If i were to buy the Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX, will it have the same problem as Fractal Design Nano S??? (The PSU block the GPU.

1BadAssLobster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wa. So many trade offs ah. If i were to buy the Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX, will it have the same problem as Fractal Design Nano S??? (The PSU block the GPU.

Yea, who also can plan a PC, but designing a PC with ideal airflow, thermals and noise requires a lot more effort.

Phanteks will be better, because the psu shroud have vents for the GPU to draw air. Although not as much as unobstructed, but at least better than Nano S if both uses normal sized PSU.

Last edited:

1BadAssLobster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a9q51uY.jpg

yUkMbs8.jpg

VGiHLHq.jpg

This is my custom Core 500.

All fans are 140mm, top fan is a normal fan, exhaust rear fan is an really high airflow fan, result in exhausting more hot air when under load.

CPU cooler is right infront of exhaust fan, so top fan blow cool air in, go thru cpu cooler and out thru the back.

But you give up on looks lor haha

Last edited:

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what's wrong with your choice of cm 130? Wanna build itx why go for shoebox? Should go for those console like cases, at least still can lug overseas if need to. Shoebox itx too big for suitcase,no?

Last edited:

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I built a few FD Node 202 with SFF PSU. Didn't hear much noise. Most of the time, biggest noise producers are CPU HSF, GPU and case fans that use original fan curve or direct power. PSU is the least to be concerned.

Depending on your load actually. If you worry, spend a bit more on the Corsair SF600. With 600W at your dispense, your PSU won't heat up much even with a 400W load (that's very high, usually with high end gpu and an overclocked cpu at max load).

Sent from PM me if you wanna build a DIY PC or wanna learn how to make one yourself :D using GAGT

shengheee

Reaction score
Honestly, I built a few FD Node 202 with SFF PSU. Didn't hear much noise. Most of the time, biggest noise producers are CPU HSF, GPU and case fans that use original fan curve or direct power. PSU is the least to be concerned.

Depending on your load actually. If you worry, spend a bit more on the Corsair SF600. With 600W at your dispense, your PSU won't heat up much even with a 400W load (that's very high, usually with high end gpu and an overclocked cpu at max load).

I'm considering making a liquid cooling to replace the CPU HSF. GPU use the normal one. I think i can consider the Corsair SF600 when i start building the PC.

shengheee

Reaction score
a9q51uY.jpg

yUkMbs8.jpg

VGiHLHq.jpg

This is my custom Core 500.

All fans are 140mm, top fan is a normal fan, exhaust rear fan is an really high airflow fan, result in exhausting more hot air when under load.

CPU cooler is right infront of exhaust fan, so top fan blow cool air in, go thru cpu cooler and out thru the back.

But you give up on looks lor haha

Your this arrangement looks good leh. Can consider this model.

Aiya, too many case to choose from liao. Spoilt for choices.

shengheee

Reaction score
what's wrong with your choice of cm 130? Wanna build itx why go for shoebox? Should go for those console like cases, at least still can lug overseas if need to. Shoebox itx too big for suitcase,no?

I don't see myself bringing the PC overseas leh. I'm planning to use it at home. But I don't have much space to spare.

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm considering making a liquid cooling to replace the CPU HSF. GPU use the normal one. I think i can consider the Corsair SF600 when i start building the PC.
Liquid cool ain't gonna help with noise as there's pump noise + fan noise to optimize.

If you going Ryzen 5 1600 and above, with the stock cooler it ain't near to loud at all. If you going Intel, getting HSF like Cryorig M9i (for non oc) or Cryorig H7 (for mild oc), tweak the fan curve a tiny bit, your pc will be a silent one, turning the optimizing fan curve work to GPU only.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.