DIY Gapyeong trip (nami island, etc.) vs tour

4d_striker

Reaction score
Hi. I'm digesting your blog for my Seoul trip in Sep and I want to do the same 3 places - railbike, nami island, morning calm. For the rail bike at Gapyeong, we have to take course B from Gapyeong station and there is only one timing for the bus: 14.40? Then how do you do the railbike as the first attraction?

YinG90

Reaction score
Hi. I'm digesting your blog for my Seoul trip in Sep and I want to do the same 3 places - railbike, nami island, morning calm. For the rail bike at Gapyeong, we have to take course B from Gapyeong station and there is only one timing for the bus: 14.40? Then how do you do the railbike as the first attraction?

Hi! I took course A! The day ticket u buy allows u to take course a and b :)

waggiee

Reaction score
Did you get to see the light up at morning calm? Was the shuttle bus very crowded?

rottingapple

Banned
Reaction score
Hi i just been Nami island and morning calm last week. Nami island is boring, its like a rojak inside. Nonetheless. Korea is beautiful.

rottingapple

Banned
Reaction score
What about morning calm? Is it worth the 75mins long journey from Nami Island?

Morning calm is average, 3/5. it has beautiful flowers for flower lovers, but I feel its like a man-made flower garden, a bit artificial. But it can be romantic for couples, or k-drama lovers. Because that place has <<云画的月光>> pond and <<you're beautiful>> church, anyway the church is very small and dark inside, seems pathetic. To me, it's just a place to take a lot of tourist photos. Hearsay at night the lights will lit up, will be beautiful and romantic for couples, you may google before deciding to go day or night time.

To add on for Nami island, it is 1.5/5 for me.
Nami island has a long stretch of trees that is well-known for winter sonata fans. Walking in between the 2 stretch of trees, feels nothing great. Maybe because I can see too many distractions that doesn't fit into the island's atmosphere.
I cannot appreciate those giant metal art sculptures, I feel that it doesn't fit into the island and I don't find the sculptures meaningful. I see some small buildings and museum, not interested to explore. then I see a site where they have flags from a lot of different countries. Its like a rojak to me.
There is some cute squirrels and peacocks there roaming around.

go watch some youtube vid on these 2 places before deciding to go. I think its a waste of time to go Nami island.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.