The Galaxy Note 8 (2017 edition)

winnoe

Reaction score
Resolved Samsung Pay issue

Hi All,
Do you guys have any problem with Samsung Pay on Note 8?

It keeps saying "Connection Error: Unable to connect to Samsung Pay temporarily. Try again later"

I have been getting this error for couple of days now. Tried clearing the app's cache but still no help.

I tried to clear system cache but also having problem booting into the recovery page as I can't seems to hold the buttons correctly due to the "missing" home button.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

i had this problem too. i used a Samsung Smart Switch from Note 5 to Note 8. Couldnt use samsung pay or my ezlink NFC sim card to take bus/train.:(

I managed to solve it after i figured out it was Singtel Dash vs Android Pay vs Samsung Pay that were clashing with each other.

I uninstalled all 3 apps, then installed Samsung Pay. then i set up my ezlink NFC, my credit cards, etc etc to Samsung pay. Then after that i restarted the phone, then added Singtel Dash and Android Pay.
:s12:

Now working fine, no issues.

Boiijek

Reaction score
Hey guys, decided to switch over to a Note 8. Having issues adding my OCBC card to my Samsung Pay. Registraion keeps failing. Anyone faced this before?

kenboiboi

Reaction score
Anyone tried to charge Note 8 using QC3.0 charger?

My Note 8 appear to only able to take in 9v-1.5A which is fast but not the maximum of 12v-1.5A.

MIVEC525

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, decided to switch over to a Note 8. Having issues adding my OCBC card to my Samsung Pay. Registraion keeps failing. Anyone faced this before?

Call them to reset....it's safety reason....too many attempts

zacattack

Reaction score
BROTHERSSSSS!!! i just want to check. How's the battery life of the N8 so far?

Especially after the update?

Someone here earlier posted that after he got 10h 48mins of constant usage, his battery fell by 53%.:o:o

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BROTHERSSSSS!!! i just want to check. How's the battery life of the N8 so far?

Especially after the update?

Someone here earlier posted that after he got 10h 48mins of constant usage, his battery fell by 53%.
:o
:o

Quite hard to say, depending on individuals' usage. But if say surfing edmw non stop on PCWX, I'm getting at least 1hr SOT for every 10% battery. Not too bad lah

zacattack

Reaction score
Quite hard to say, depending on individuals' usage. But if say surfing edmw non stop on PCWX, I'm getting at least 1hr SOT for every 10% battery. Not too bad lah

Wah you must really pcw like siao man. to constantly have 1hr SOT. hahaha
ok. Does whatsapp drain your batt really fast?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.