question about tmall / taobao/ alipay refund

liewhl

Reaction score
had any one manage to get back their money from alipay with an unverified account?

they require me to verify myself with an china bank account. zzz

now my money which is refunded by tmall is stuck in alipay, cannot even use it for my next purchase.

liewhl

Reaction score
i talk to them just now, they told me like china is just next to my house like that, ask me go china and make a bank account and tie it to my alipay when i am free. zzzz

how do you make them call you?

commach

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
As a global/oversea user, you can't verify your taobao account due to some changes recently.

But you should have no problem using 余额宝 in 支付宝 account from the refund. Login to your taobao account and do these steps to verify your 支付宝, not your taoboa account which is not possible unless you have China Nric. number and account:

1) login to your taobao account
2) 账号管理 (under your user ID)
3) 支付宝绑定设置 (left pane/side)
4) 绑定手机 (assume you already 绑定邮箱 email, if not, please do it)
5) provide your SG phone number
6) submit and wait for the activation code sent to your SG mobile number
7) activate 支付宝
8) done, you can now use the refund from 支付宝 but not allowed to top up to 支付宝 from SG account or credit/debit card due to some changes recently.

liewhl

Reaction score
my refund is actually under 待领取资金, i had already tie my email and phone to alipay before this.

i have to redeem them first before they become 余额宝 and in order to do so, i need a china bank account which is register only in china.

Anyway, this is really stupid, tmall and taobao will actually refund your money like amazon did, but the money will then go to alipay which will be frozen there.

:s13::s13::s13:

harharhar

Reaction score
What payment method did you use? You can refund to bank account if you used eNETS. You need to fill in your bank account details on the alipay refund page. If you can't find it due to some system glitch (happened to me once), talk to the CSO and ask them to help to key in the bank details.

Credit card should not be a problem, will just credit back to your card.

I did both before recently. (Last month)

liewhl

Reaction score
enet.

talk to tmall CSO - they say money already refund no longer their problem so i had to speak with alipay to resolve the issue. they also say that my case is oversea user issue so direct me to their oversea department (alibaba CSO).

go alibaba CSO - they say my issue is with tmall/ taobao, they cannot access tmall/ taobao database so ask me go back tmall.

talk to alipay CSO - they ask me when free drop by china, make a bank account and then register my account there.

harharhar

Reaction score
enet.

talk to tmall CSO - they say money already refund no longer their problem so i had to speak with alipay to resolve the issue. they also say that my case is oversea user issue so direct me to their oversea department (alibaba CSO).

go alibaba CSO - they say my issue is with tmall/ taobao, they cannot access tmall/ taobao database so ask me go back tmall.

talk to alipay CSO - they ask me when free drop by china, make a bank account and then register my account there.

Under alipay transaction record you should see one refund. Then one of the options is to enter your bank details to refund to. They accept sg bank account. It will directly be refunded to your sg bank account through eNETS.

extemporisation

Reaction score
This is correct. It just takes a few working days for the option to key in your bank details to appear, and another few working days to be credited to your SG bank account, subject to a $0.30 charge.

I've done many eNETS refunds since the verification changes a few months back. Haven't had any issues.

TS might want to do a search in the Taobao thread in HWZ. Plenty of comments about eNETS refund process.

Under alipay transaction record you should see one refund. Then one of the options is to enter your bank details to refund to. They accept sg bank account. It will directly be refunded to your sg bank account through eNETS.

liewhl

Reaction score
i look at my transaction record, did not see that option. is it under the "detail"?

ssohmq

Reaction score
i've used CC to pay for my taobao and requested for a refund, so it will be refunded back to my account right?

i think i need to verify my alipay account in order for the transaction to work.. cos it says "根据监管部门的要求,需要您进一步完善身份验证信息才能使用余额进行付款"

how do i verify? i dont have a china ID and hp number.

angelsmil3

Reaction score
Refund from 支付宝

Hi,

I bought something from taobao and the seller agreed to refund me the shipping. However I am not able to receive the funds cos my alipay is not verified. I could not get it verified cos I am a Singaporean and there is no selection of passport.

Can someone pls help me? I tried explaining to the help desk of alipay but she does not seem willingly to help me. She kept telling me there is no way I can receive the refund. 😭

XeonHacker

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought something from taobao and the seller agreed to refund me the shipping. However I am not able to receive the funds cos my alipay is not verified. I could not get it verified cos I am a Singaporean and there is no selection of passport.

Can someone pls help me? I tried explaining to the help desk of alipay but she does not seem willingly to help me. She kept telling me there is no way I can receive the refund. 😭

Have you linked your account with your phone number?

commach

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Refer to reply #4 for the steps to tied your phone number to 支付宝. You can't use any of the refund to your 支付宝 before the steps in reply #4.

angelsmil3

Reaction score
Refer to reply #4 for the steps to tied your phone number to 支付宝. You can't use any of the refund to your 支付宝 before the steps in reply #4.

My account has been linked to my phone some time back. The seller is refunding partial of the payment not full payment to me...

commach

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My account has been linked to my phone some time back. The seller is refunding partial of the payment not full payment to me...

The seller refund only what they charged you for the local (China) shipping charge, the other portion, oversea shipping charges are not from him but taobao/integrated forwarder instead. Hence, they won't or can't refund the amount beyond the local shipping charges.

This is a known problem for refund using non-China account, the only way is to seek refund from taobao but won't be easy IMHO.

meesoto

Reaction score
As a global/oversea user, you can't verify your taobao account due to some changes recently.

But you should have no problem using 余额宝 in 支付宝 account from the refund. Login to your taobao account and do these steps to verify your 支付宝, not your taoboa account which is not possible unless you have China Nric. number and account:

1) login to your taobao account
2) 账号管理 (under your user ID)
3) 支付宝绑定设置 (left pane/side)
4) 绑定手机 (assume you already 绑定邮箱 email, if not, please do it)
5) provide your SG phone number
6) submit and wait for the activation code sent to your SG mobile number
7) activate 支付宝
8) done, you can now use the refund from 支付宝 but not allowed to top up to 支付宝 from SG account or credit/debit card due to some changes recently.

Hi,

I have already activated my 支付宝. My email and mobile have also been confirmed/verified:

However, I am still unable to use the refund from 支付宝. As it is, I see in the following screens that I need to be verified:

Can anyone advise?

Thanks.

mrwirus

Reaction score
how long does it normally take to refund to cc after taobao there 退款成功?

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, can share wad are the various (or better) method of payment besides alipay? What is daifu? I also saw that rateX works as well...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.