Buy iPhoneX in Japan and save $$$?

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah now can come japan in november and save 300 bucks to get the new iphonex!!! now can order from apple JP for 112,800 jpy!

Wood41

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can use here & I will get it there too in Nov .

Bought iPad mini years ago from Osaka Apple
Shop & saved on currency exchange rate + GST .

thwysg

Reaction score
International warranty?

It's subjected to the servicing center in the country.

So buy at your own risk.

From this site -
https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/ios-warranty-rest-of-apac-english.html

"..Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone, iPad and Apple TV to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device.."

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think now because Singapore got apple store.
So servicing is much better and not as strict like last time when go through 3rd party vendors

The chance of getting repair at Genius bar in Orchard is very high because apple value customer.
I even managed to exchange one of my 2 months old earphone to another brand after i complain to Apple.

Greent

Reaction score
If i buy an iphone 7/8/X in japan, i can use it in local without going to unlock it like in the past ...

ehsevol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thought of doing this. But got a few concerns
1. Shutter sound can't be turned off
2. LTE. Should be no issue?
3. Warranty coverage

Tax rebate can only get if buy at physical Apple Store. If going in nov I doubt they will have ready stocks at the store. Need to buy from online which doesn't qualify for tax rebate

Last edited:

BigMonkey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think now because Singapore got apple store.
So servicing is much better and not as strict like last time when go through 3rd party vendors

The chance of getting repair at Genius bar in Orchard is very high because apple value customer.
I even managed to exchange one of my 2 months old earphone to another brand after i complain to Apple.

my experience differ, the genius are not really genius, they just follow script. recent issue - did basic troubleshooting at home with the tech support over phone, they also engage a high tier to troubleshoot. After getting the diagnostics and msinfo from my computer, they schedule an appoinment with the genius at orchard. The genius at orchard did the exact same test i did at home, wasted my time. I asked them, don't you have a more advance troubleshooting method? I even had to suggest to her other possible means to troubleshoot.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.