Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 31

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't think Fellaini is a like for like replacement for Pogba - if you ask me Herrera / Carrick is our replacement.

when Fell came on, he played very well

definitely not apple for apple but someone got to play fill Pogba role (maybe Mata)...then Fell to attack upfront

ahbard

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Browsing through the results of all the UCL games last night, the results that made me most happy is that of Liverpool vs Sevilla. (2-2) Sevilla had only two shots on target and the result is 2 away goals. What a good start to their UCL after 4 years. :D I thought they were bragging of challenging for the trophy both on the EPL and UCL. And once again, they had a player sent off. This time it is not by English referees. How can all the referees be so consistently wrong against them. Implying that the whole platoon marching are out of step except them. Their next game vs Spartak Moscow away - I am rooting for the Russians. A defeat will send their morale into a further spiral. They are favourite to advance together with Sevilla in their group. A further defeat by Spartak in Moscow will send them closer to the Europa:s13:

Real Madrid beat beat lowly Apoel Nicosia (3-0) at the Baneubeu, all thanks to Ronaldo for scoring two. Britain's biggest star player Gareth Bale played for 82 mins and contributed much to the jeers of their home fans. It is another game which is moving him closer to be dumped by Florentino Perez.

Harry Kane has started his goal scoring liao. 2 in the 3-1 win over Borussia Dortmund at Wembley. No more Wembley jinx?

Thats why i hoot fool draw...knew they will leak goals. 7 games conceed 13 goals...how to win..

ahbard

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when Fell came on, he played very well

definitely not apple for apple but someone got to play fill Pogba role (maybe Mata)...then Fell to attack upfront

I think he is good in matches when the mid is compact as we got no width.

Hypernova

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think he is good in matches when the mid is compact as we got no width.

but i dont think he will be good if the opponents can close down like stoke. i will have to admit i was impressed with their workrate for the entire match just closing down our midfield, most teams wouldn't do that as its very tiring, and not many teams can last 90 minutes with such tactics.

urban_closet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agree, he's good as a point of attack but he does not bring others into the game very well. IMO 1st choice should be Carrick to stand in (best at this), Herrera (not so much of attacking flair?) and then Fellaini

We're really fortunate that we have Matic. In a few games he's shown his passing ability (and definitely more forward thinking than Fellaini and even Herrera)

zhaohan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thats why i hoot fool draw...knew they will leak goals. 7 games conceed 13 goals...how to win..

too bad for them, only have eyes for 1 single defender out of the whole wide world

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last season i would be worried without Pogba for four weeks but now got Matic not so. He can make any of his midfield partners slot in with ease and play good. Toss up between Ander and MF27 to start, Mata can play the free role till Pogba recovers

19dino

Master Member
Reaction score
Look back at Herrera's style of play at his old club.. Watch his Welcome to United video... His pass to a on rushing Valencia, his pass for Mata to score aganist Pool... His pass for Rashford opener aganist Chelsea...

I think more of his roles in game has change.. But he is a steady 8 when given a good run of games although i admit his last outing aganist Stoke does not have alot to shout about for...

(^@^)"

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think we lost to Feyenoord in last season Europa but Citeh can easily destroyed them in their own backyard :love:

Don't read too much into a single game. When it's not your day, it's not your day. Sometimes, some opponents will be god-mode against you and then roll over for others. The Juve-Barca match gave too much credit to Barca. They didn't play that much better than Juve.

Marky99

Master Member
Reaction score
Really? I don't have the stats but I know he gives away fouls quite easily, and not many assists... I do think we lose a bit of thrust in the forward areas without him. But I think Mata can make up with his creativity. Much as I love Carrick he cannot replace Pogba in the attacking areas. And maybe with better service from the flanks we can push Fellaini higher to pose a threat alongside Lukaku, surely a nightmare for any defense if our FBs are willing to bomb forward.

Pogba has been our main man so far this season
I'm worried even some said Herrera can provide decent cover :(

micey84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really? I don't have the stats but I know he gives away fouls quite easily, and not many assists... I do think we lose a bit of thrust in the forward areas without him. But I think Mata can make up with his creativity. Much as I love Carrick he cannot replace Pogba in the attacking areas. And maybe with better service from the flanks we can push Fellaini higher to pose a threat alongside Lukaku, surely a nightmare for any defense if our FBs are willing to bomb forward.

Pogba only action more than badminton, never the main man like Messi does in game changing.

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Look back at Herrera's style of play at his old club.. Watch his Welcome to United video... His pass to a on rushing Valencia, his pass for Mata to score aganist Pool... His pass for Rashford opener aganist Chelsea...

I think more of his roles in game has change.. But he is a steady 8 when given a good run of games although i admit his last outing aganist Stoke does not have alot to shout about for...

He is a bit soft when playing against more physical opponents. Stoke players are strong & physical.

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't think Fellaini is a like for like replacement for Pogba - if you ask me Herrera / Carrick is our replacement.

Fellaini is better as a replacement. He may not be suitable if he is the starting 11. There are some players who will make a big impact when they came in. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer often scored when he came in. Remember how he scored in the Champions League final in 1999 when he came in late in the game.

(^@^)"

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fake news reporting about Ozil's transfer to United next summer on the free?

19dino

Master Member
Reaction score
He is a bit soft when playing against more physical opponents. Stoke players are strong & physical.

Maybe... With Matic around most appears soft around him. I more worried he lost his touch after playing more of a fighter last season when he was a one man do it all in the middle of the park. Tackling people.. Shadowing people.. Doing the dirty job.

DanielTng

Master Member
Reaction score
Think we lost to Feyenoord in last season Europa but Citeh can easily destroyed them in their own backyard :love:

今时不如往日 those were the days when we were pursuing the PhD. We went through two years of agony. At least Palace owner has a clear mind to clear out another PhD leader in 4 games. If not they better field their under 23 otherwise they would be declared relegated by New Year day.

Perhaps if it were us that is facing Feyenoord, we may hit AOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.