Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

v0dka

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think we just need a solid DM to solve our defensive problem. if no solid DM, no matter how world class our defenders are, they will just look bad.

Miroku90

Master Member
Reaction score
Hendo is not really do much with boo boo cross up front.
When doing defensive, he is just running around the opponents or tracking back to the back line.
I am bio-ing him for past few matches.
He is not doing anything to help his team mates.

I dunno what else he can offer other than running like a mad dog to close down opponents. He can't do defensive or shield ball duty, can't play advance role either as he lack vision and passing ability. His set piece is horrible too. He shouldn't even be a starter to any CL team. How I wish we got Keita now, he will make a big impact on our current mid

urbanturban

Master Member
Reaction score
All the possible captains, Hendo, Lallana, Can, cannot also be confirmed starters.

Matip is a possibility but not sure whether he is suitable (in terms of locker room respect).

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think there is only 1 captain material in the team. But he is too young and inexperienced at the moment to take on the role.

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
All the possible captains, Hendo, Lallana, Can, cannot also be confirmed starters.

Matip is a possibility but not sure whether he is suitable (in terms of locker room respect).

Best 1st team based on what I saw so far:
- Mane, Salah, Mr F, Emre, Banana, Cout, Matip, Lorven, Robertson, Clyne, Simon.

If there is a Capt replacement, Banana will most probably get it.

cybertech

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't think the club will buy any **/Defender coming jan transfer windows right? That will be seriously going to be a long hard season ....... for the forward players. Can imagine how they feel when they trying so hard to score goals and the opponents can score goals easily without trying hard to achieve that :(

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We only know their on field performance but we don't know their locker room influence at all.

Wij as captain? Instill confidence? Confidence to perform or Confidence to disappear?

I rather firmino gets the arm band...he's been really hardworking week in, week out. Even when our team performs badly, he is one of the few to maintain high individual performance.
and also "a slap in the face" notion to coutinho

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't think the club will buy any **/Defender coming jan transfer windows right? That will be seriously going to be a long hard season ....... for the forward players. Can imagine how they feel when they trying so hard to score goals and the opponents can score goals easily without trying hard to achieve that :(

The first goal by Sevilla was really ×'¥$*$&$;@;*@(@¥=£/&&@^@

Moreno was man marking Sevilla Ben Yedder all the while... then for a split second, he decided to switch off and allowed Ben to get a step ahead and left completely unmarked for an easy goal

begintoend

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The first goal by Sevilla was really ×'¥$*$&$;@;*@(@¥=£/&&@^@

Moreno was man marking Sevilla Ben Yedder all the while... then for a split second, he decided to switch off and allowed Ben to get a step ahead and left completely unmarked for an easy goal

Sorry I wanna say pls pin massive responsibility on matip and lovren for allowing the ball to reach the centre of the box before blaming Moreno.

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score

We dun have a choice.
As you mentioned, if you are Mane, you run half a pitch and score a beautiful goal and your buddy, Lorven let in a lousy goal, how would you feel ?
Unless there is a strong U23 defender, then the ** is rotated between three players who are not strong or consistent at the moment.
We need to buy at least 2 competent and physical ** if we seriously want to remain in top 4 for the end of the season.
We are at 8/40 for goal allowed now.

bwaysaibi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Captain has to be someone undisputed in the first xi.

Seriously we sold sakho when we should have sold lovren. No brainer which one is a shittier defender.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry I wanna say pls pin massive responsibility on matip and lovren for allowing the ball to reach the centre of the box before blaming Moreno.

Still as the defender who was man marking Yeddar all the while... he suddenly switched off at such a crucial moment when the cross was coming in... should shoulder a far bigger blame than matip and Lovren

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Captain has to be someone undisputed in the first xi.

Seriously we sold sakho when we should have sold lovren. No brainer which one is a shittier defender.

You posted a good question.
Sakho was needed by CP to save their manager.
But, he went in too late to do it.
As for Lorven, we are paying him high salary every week.
Dun think any clubs want to buy him now.
He will be like Lazar.

messi7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think we just need a solid DM to solve our defensive problem. if no solid DM, no matter how world class our defenders are, they will just look bad.

I agree with u, actually Klopp style of play really need a DM to mop up opponent counter when we lose possession.. we should not have sold Lucas

our midfield will be better if it is Wij - Lucas - Can coz Lucas positioning and tackling is better than Hendie

Reaction score
I agree with u, actually Klopp style of play really need a DM to mop up opponent counter when we lose possession.. we should not have sold Lucas

our midfield will be better if it is Wij - Lucas - Can coz Lucas positioning and tackling is better than Hendie

We just need a Matic or a Kante. Actually Obiang or maybe just get Nzonzi from Sevilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.