HWZ AMD Ryzen R5 Owners Klub

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try to OC to 3.8GHz @ 1.36V - Unstable with temp @ 80 degree. Fall back to 3.7GHz @ 1.275 again. O well

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ferolare

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For stock cooler I leave it toasty. During gaming it hover around 60+. Only unrealistic load like prime95 will hit 80+ lol. Even rendering, with gpu acceleration, also 70 something max

I went the other way: lock "down" to 3.4ghz @ 1.068~1.080V on stock cooler

Low 40s for gaming load
High 60s when doing quick stability check using p95 :s13:

Calikura

Reaction score
I went the other way: lock "down" to 3.4ghz @ 1.068~1.080V on stock cooler

Low 40s for gaming load
High 60s when doing quick stability check using p95 :s13:

Wow nice temps and still decent clock speed. Just curious, does a lower than stock Vcore affect RAM stability?

My memory OC (rated speed and timings, 1.05 V SOC) is stable at 1.375 Vcore. But for some strange reason, when I return the chip to stock Vcore and frequency, but keep the memory settings and SOC voltage the same, the memory OC becomes unstable. Doesn't seem to make sense (albeit based on my limited understanding of the intricacies of the microarchitecture).

ah_khoo

Reaction score
Wow nice temps and still decent clock speed. Just curious, does a lower than stock Vcore affect RAM stability?

My memory OC (rated speed and timings, 1.05 V SOC) is stable at 1.375 Vcore. But for some strange reason, when I return the chip to stock Vcore and frequency, but keep the memory settings and SOC voltage the same, the memory OC becomes unstable. Doesn't seem to make sense (albeit based on my limited understanding of the intricacies of the microarchitecture).
Runnin high memory speed does requirehigh vcore sometimes. If u want to be sure, lower ram frequency n keep others untouched. :)

bernier

Reaction score
Anyone playing Overwatch here? :D

Game keep crashing if OC. I also heard about Radeon latest drivers cause game to crash but I use old drivers still crash. :vijayadmin:

Last night i put all on stock clocks (Cpu, Ram, Gpu). Seems to be fine but fingers' X :s22:

Looks like Overwatch don't like Ryzen OC and/or radeon gpus. :(
On other games is stable and I don't get game crash even on OC.

My oc specs I get ave+20-25fps vs stock clocks:
Ryzen 1200 + Cryorig M9a 3.9@1.325v idle@40-42c load@50-60c+ p95@70-73c
G.Skill Ripjaws v 2x4gb a-xmp@2400mhz
Msi B350 Tomahawk
Aorus rx580 8gb xtr oc@1439mhz load@69-73c

noidea

Reaction score
noob question - which Ryzen comes with Wraith LED? ... paiseh
which mobo is bang for the buck without OCing

Last edited:

CrumplerTM

Reaction score
Gotten the Ryzen 1600 + ASUS PRIME B350-Plus + G.Skill RipJawsV 3000MHz. Found out about D.O.C.P and the process to get the ram to 3000MHz was smooth. So far tried cpu overclocking in bios and found out that the cpu couldn't downclock during idle. Tried AMD master software and it could downclock the cpu during idle. So far very impressed with the purchase.

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gotten the Ryzen 1600 + ASUS PRIME B350-Plus + G.Skill RipJawsV 3000MHz. Found out about D.O.C.P and the process to get the ram to 3000MHz was smooth. So far tried cpu overclocking in bios and found out that the cpu couldn't downclock during idle. Tried AMD master software and it could downclock the cpu during idle. So far very impressed with the purchase.

the only way to downclock during idle are as follow

Set Minimum Processor State to 20 in Ryzen Powerplan
Use Asus Zen State and Set your P0/1/2 State (I just change the P0 to 3.7@1.275 and left the default P1/2)

If u decided to use Asus Zen State (Please Exclusions the Folder as Anti-Virus will detect it as malware making it not working)

Another way are to do a P state OC via Bios and then Set Minimum Processor State to 20 in Ryzen Powerplan

Last edited:

CrumplerTM

Reaction score
the only way to downclock during idle are as follow

Set Minimum Processor State to 20 in Ryzen Powerplan
Use Asus Zen State and Set your P0/1/2 State (I just change the P0 to 3.7@1.275 and left the default P1/2)

If u decided to use Asus Zen State (Please Exclusions the Folder as Anti-Virus will detect it as malware making it not working)

Another way are to do a P state OC via Bios and then Set Minimum Processor State to 20 in Ryzen Powerplan

Thanks, i read abit about P state OC and was thinking it requires more time to explore. I will look into the Asus Zen State, thanks for sharing.

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With the latest Bios (0811) ver of ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING. P State OC are remove from the bios.

The only way to do a P state OC are to use Asus Zen State software now.

CrumplerTM

Reaction score
Having no post now on the Asus prime b350-plus.
Did an overclock with no issue and revert back to stock using a saved profile. After apply and reboot, no post. No display no USB to keyboard mouse or anything.

Did the usual reset bios and no post again. Removed one ram stick, no post, tried the other no post again.

I have a feeling that the bios is corrupted after I applied a saved profile. Feeling Sian now..

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Having no post now on the Asus prime b350-plus.
Did an overclock with no issue and revert back to stock using a saved profile. After apply and reboot, no post. No display no USB to keyboard mouse or anything.

Did the usual reset bios and no post again. Removed one ram stick, no post, tried the other no post again.

I have a feeling that the bios is corrupted after I applied a saved profile. Feeling Sian now..

if reset bios still no go try take out your cmos battery then put it back after 5 sec

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.