ASUS Motherboard Gigabit Network 100mbps Bottleneck

hazesphere

Reaction score
Hello I could do with some advice on how to solve the issue with connectivity issue with my router and desktop. Currently my ISP is providing 1Gbps however due to this bottleneck issue I am limited to using only 100Mbps which is a pain in the arse.

So far I have been searching online for solutions but to no avail. Hope someone can give me some advice on what I can do to solve this issue.

Desktop
ASUS ROG Maximus Formula 5 Motherboard - Intel Gigabyte LAN
Intel PROSet Version: 22.4.16.0 (Latest Driver - I think)
Eternet Cable: CAT6 Cable
Speed & Duplex: Auto Nego (100Mbps - Tried Forced 1Gbps but my network got cut off)

Modem or Router
D-Link DIR-868L (Standard Router Provided by Starhub)
4 Gigabit LAN Port

Some images below to provide additional details of what I am experiencing.

u67EyKiIEKzoUhQaTn9zx62kVUWqjlXyJ2duJ7wdKvw

H_Bm6V_jYTNngZTPs2wHsmfgCzUd9gYS2i3Zu76lYWQ

2tE_8NTdkI0IoVrdVTyFSPr1W3uL8UNww9oqNS7nJjQ

7nOgooMjFnmOpWtqRutfDEfriCq2KKETiGDRFIN59OI

Phelan

Master Member
Reaction score
Did you try another cable? Sometimes, it could be a faulty cable. Also, you might want to try with another computer to see if it's having the same issue.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can also try factory reset router and do fresh config.

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello hazesphere,

Sorry for the late response. You may try the 2 solutions proposed by fellow forumers first. Other than that, there are 2 other possible solutions that I can think of:

1) A fresh installation of OS.
2) we can T-Loan a PCIe network adapter for you to test, in case your LAN port is indeed faulty.

Regards,
DS

hazesphere

Reaction score
Can also try factory reset router and do fresh config.

Had this issue since my service provider came to change the router. I have 2 desktops in my living room. The other is running on a ASUS ROG Maximus Gene V MB but it gets the 1Gbps connections. So it can't be the router.

Did you try another cable? Sometimes, it could be a faulty cable. Also, you might want to try with another computer to see if it's having the same issue.

The technician from my service provider first tested the speed with my desktop however he later verified using his service laptop that the cable was indeed able to support more speed. So it eliminates the cable issue.

Hello hazesphere,

Sorry for the late response. You may try the 2 solutions proposed by fellow forumers first. Other than that, there are 2 other possible solutions that I can think of:

1) A fresh installation of OS.
2) we can T-Loan a PCIe network adapter for you to test, in case your LAN port is indeed faulty.

Regards,
DS

I have done a fresh installation of OS few months back. Didn't work still had this issue. How can I T-Loan a PCIe network adapter for me to test? Are there any other way for me to test if my LAN port on my MB is faulty?

Thanks for all your advices!

Last edited:

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello hazesphere,

If you're saying that the problem only occured after the installation of new router, then it sounds like a configuration issue to me. If you would like to borrow a network adapter for testing, you can drop by our office at CBP. Just drop me a PM to arrange. :)

Regards,
DS

poor_poor

Reaction score
Hello hazesphere,

If you're saying that the problem only occured after the installation of new router, then it sounds like a configuration issue to me. If you would like to borrow a network adapter for testing, you can drop by our office at CBP. Just drop me a PM to arrange. :)

Regards,
DS

Dear DS,

You might want to consider to advise user to do below task before doing reformat or other task..

1. Install latest LAN driver from chipset vendor.
2. Change LAN cable
3. Check Network configure if static IP is configured?
4. Make sure bios is up to date.
Best regards,
Very poor

hazesphere

Reaction score
Dear DS,

You might want to consider to advise user to do below task before doing reformat or other task..

1. Install latest LAN driver from chipset vendor.
2. Change LAN cable
3. Check Network configure if static IP is configured?
4. Make sure bios is up to date.
Best regards,
Very poor

Have installed latest driver Intel Driver 22.6.6.0 from Intel

LAN Cable have been tested working no issue on this.

Manual configuration doesn't help with the situation as well.

Lastly my MB bios have been updated to the latest BIOS 1903 from ASUS

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.