D-Link COVR in Singapore

AshSim

Master Member
Reaction score
Saw this teaser in D-Link Facebook then did a brief online search and realise they should be launching their new product called Covr in Singapore soon.

Will share more again cos it is so-called an entire home wi-fi system...
Kx35YhCl.jpg

Sent from Sky Pooping Rainbow using GAGT

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw this teaser in D-Link Facebook then did a brief online search and realise they should be launching their new product called Covr in Singapore soon.

Will share more again cos it is so-called an entire home wi-fi system...
Kx35YhCl.jpg

SNB already has a full coverage and review on this. Despite the name suggests, its still not a wifi mesh but merely operating like Orbi.

But the results for the speed is remarkable as comparing to other systems out there.

Will be keen to read about the local experience instead since technically, SNB has already published the technical tests done in accordance to their standardised wifi testing standards.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They should in order to keep up with their competitors.
As even now starhub switch to linksys routers n google wifi.
That is after using dlink for donkey years and their products were being outclassed and worse were customers complaints.

AshSim

Master Member
Reaction score
SNB already has a full coverage and review on this. Despite the name suggests, its still not a wifi mesh but merely operating like Orbi.

But the results for the speed is remarkable as comparing to other systems out there.

Will be keen to read about the local experience instead since technically, SNB has already published the technical tests done in accordance to their standardised wifi testing standards.
Ya im also curious about local testing... diff environment does give different results.

The look of it is not bad though...
rFuUT1Nl.jpg

AshSim

Master Member
Reaction score
They should in order to keep up with their competitors.
As even now starhub switch to linksys routers n google wifi.
That is after using dlink for donkey years and their products were being outclassed and worse were customers complaints.
I have to say D-Link is no longer the leading brand like 6 to 7 years ago. I remember seeing their very nice booths everytime at the shows and drawing so much attention.

Guess they put in effort but perhaps not as strong as competitors? Its a good brand afterall~
CsXpdDgl.jpg

If only their packaging is as nice as this for all their products...

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have to say D-Link is no longer the leading brand like 6 to 7 years ago. I remember seeing their very nice booths everytime at the shows and drawing so much attention.

Guess they put in effort but perhaps not as strong as competitors? Its a good brand afterall~
CsXpdDgl.jpg

If only their packaging is as nice as this for all their products...

Yea it is good brand.
But it do require to update the router firmware to maintain up to standard.
Currently using both DLink 868L routers and having a good wireless speed after firmware update.

Do you know there is problem in this 850L model as latest news.

http://thehackernews.com/2017/09/d-link-router-hacking.html

jonoquek

Reaction score
Using 868L now and also quite happy with its performance, I also like the design, sleek to put inside cupboard.

Security, D-Link have advise release next week although I am not impacted, haha.. Not good in security, but with hacking methods getting sophisticated.. I believe this type of news will be more and more common. April period, Linksys and tplink also have vulnerability issues..

Back to Covr, anyone care to buy and share real experience ? Not real mesh a Orbi ? Does that mean Velop or Tp Deco is real mesh?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Velop and deco are real meshes.

There's a new update of orbi which supports communication between satellites. So if that's the case, it will be a true mesh network as well, unless there are some other limiting factors..

Using 868L now and also quite happy with its performance, I also like the design, sleek to put inside cupboard.

Security, D-Link have advise release next week although I am not impacted, haha.. Not good in security, but with hacking methods getting sophisticated.. I believe this type of news will be more and more common. April period, Linksys and tplink also have vulnerability issues..

Back to Covr, anyone care to buy and share real experience ? Not real mesh a Orbi ? Does that mean Velop or Tp Deco is real mesh?

AshSim

Master Member
Reaction score
Yea it is good brand.
But it do require to update the router firmware to maintain up to standard.
Currently using both DLink 868L routers and having a good wireless speed after firmware update.

Do you know there is problem in this 850L model as latest news.

http://thehackernews.com/2017/09/d-link-router-hacking.html
Read about it... but it seems like the hackers are only targeting d-link at the moment... maybe they will give xmas "presents" to Asus or TP-Link or even Netgear! Even govt sites also can be hacked lor, u say leh...

AshSim

Master Member
Reaction score

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

jonoquek

Reaction score
Launched liow ? Want to take a look but cannot find. Saw the review, seem quite ok

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nv see at challenger flagship store.. Lol

Bro, maybe you want to the wrong store as there are 2 stores in Bugis.
If you member, do take a look at all the promotions 2 days on 7 - 8 Oct.

It is available as the flagship store is located at the Basement 1, refer to link on the 1st promotion on the location on the entrance;

https://www.challenger.com.sg/products/promotions?value=54

Just visit the place, but much smaller than the former Funan flagship store.

7lfrE14.jpg

nCYRBNK.jpg

Last edited:

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Asus dies off faster than my dlink even both is similar on age

But with this loop hope in dlink still wonder IF good. To hoot dlink again

Although my aging dlink not in The range of model it say got loopholes but I did update it fw but it a old router last fw is 2015

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.