Not open for further replies.

bornerwave

Master Member
Reaction score
hmm...

S8+/note 8/ iPhone 8+ or Oneplus 5

Why OP5 when HTC U11 about same price? S8 is like 760 without contract

not S8+ ah, S8.

Not sure why you consider big screen phones but OP5 is an option when its screen size is smaller lol

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why OP5 when HTC U11 about same price? S8 is like 760 without contract

not S8+ ah, S8.

Not sure why you consider big screen phones but OP5 is an option when its screen size is smaller lol
Those phones in the former are simply elongated and not bigger than OP5 despite the 'larger' screen size. For such 18:9 screen, they ought to be at least 6" to compare with standard 16:9 5.5".

bornerwave

Master Member
Reaction score
Bad TIM could be a cause.

But for the 14nm small die kind of chips, I think watery TIM like MX4 will have very bad longevity.

When I had MX4 between AIO and IHS very shortly after, I had fan ramps that worsened over time with the watery MX4 with chip over 1.4v as it dries, but no issue with NTH1..

I would say try meddling with the BIOS 1st, all the power management I mentioned when used alone would make little or no difference, unless you enabled all of the above. But most certainly delid+liquid metal will be the most beneficial workaround to lower temps.

Again to highlight, for the 4C + GT2 intel chip about half the area is occupied by iGPU and other stuff. From my conjecture the cores alone produce very centralised heat that when put on high voltage can destroy watery TIM quickly.

maybe i will borrow your delidding kit when i come back in october :3

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
moneyface kor kor using S7 edge? or S8+ ?

RMN3P..... :o

But i am also looking into one of these flagships if the price is right.

For me, as long as its a curved display its a no go cos they are annoying to palm grabbing and also very fragile. I have seen many nany users with their glass and screen cracked...

knightshaz

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Just come back from seeing fruit park :crazy:
37048435256_b18cdd56fc_c.jpg

Elijahonli

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
speaking of which, i haven yet decide if i should sign 2 year contract with note 8/iP8 plus

or go S8+/OP5 no contract with 1 year mySim plan and consider my options again next year..

another option is to stick with my iP6s+ and get a SIM only plan which i really dont fancy to due to color and the phone condition

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What so spearxia about those bedsheets and that wax liquid that make chiu willing to pay 53 bucks for shipment?

Gibs chiu orgasm everytime you sleep on it? :s34::crazy:

This order really went ki siao. Dispatched via standard shipping on 18 Aug, expected by 4 Sept. Parcel no come, **** cso refund the $53 shipping ask wait until 13 Sept.

14 Sept still no come, AMDK cso say the previous **** cso noob see tracking that time 2 weeks already parcel MIA should've send replacement. So send replacement order with priority shipping and give $9 gift card.

Today parcel lai liao, one of the bottle leak (about 50-100ml) and stain the bedsheet abit, give feedback about poor packaging protection then another cso give refund for both bedsheet and one of the bottle ($60). Say no need return to UK because would be too expensive and can gib to charity :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.