ocbc 360 account

Andylkj

Reaction score
Users beware of strict charges

Ito all, not worth dealing with OCBC bank at all.
Just cancelled my credit cards with them on both 365 as well as the NTUC card.
Was late by a Couple of days due to travels in last 2 months and was charged $200 per card.
The interest gained was nowhere what I paid in late fees to them. ;-(
Requested review but the call centre was not helpful at all.

Guess it's my fault for spending so much with them and not paying on time.

The other banks I have are more sympathetic onwards me and waived it without questions.

Users beware and just wanted to share...

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi OCBC Bank,

I clicked the OCBC bank website's Login and open new tab. When I log in my OCBC IB yesterday after I enter my username and pin I got a CAPTCHA asking for text. Then I was told my credentials not correct.

Is CAPTCHA implemented in OCBC IB or I got fished?

Wah better call their customer service. As far as I know there is no captcha in ocbc.

maple96

Reaction score
Hi OCBC Bank,

I clicked the OCBC bank website's Login and open new tab. When I log in my OCBC IB yesterday after I enter my username and pin I got a CAPTCHA asking for text. Then I was told my credentials not correct.

it is normal when u enter a wrong username, I get that when I input the wrong username, just restart login screen to login again

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Ito all, not worth dealing with OCBC bank at all.
Just cancelled my credit cards with them on both 365 as well as the NTUC card.
Was late by a Couple of days due to travels in last 2 months and was charged $200 per card.
The interest gained was nowhere what I paid in late fees to them. ;-(
Requested review but the call centre was not helpful at all.

Guess it's my fault for spending so much with them and not paying on time.

The other banks I have are more sympathetic onwards me and waived it without questions.

Users beware and just wanted to share...

Hi Andylkj,

We are sorry to learn that your waiver requests was unsuccessful.

Generally, the bank will allow for one late fee waiver in 12 rolling months.

We apologise for not being able to accede to your request.

^DG

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi OCBC Bank,

Wah better call their customer service. As far as I know there is no captcha in ocbc.

it is normal when u enter a wrong username, I get that when I input the wrong username, just restart login screen to login again

Hi all,

Thank you for your queries.

We would like to share that the CAPTCHA function was introduced in June 2016.

The CAPTCHA screen will appear when customers accumulates 2 wrong PIN tries, or keys in the wrong access code.

^DG

Last edited:

Kamykaze

Reaction score
HI OCBC,

I am interested in opening an OCBC360 account. Can I open the account before I start working next month? Or must I have an income slip to proof that I have a job before I can start open an OCBC 360 account

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
HI OCBC,

I am interested in opening an OCBC360 account. Can I open the account before I start working next month? Or must I have an income slip to proof that I have a job before I can start open an OCBC 360 account

Hi Kamykaze,

You may refer to https://www.ocbc.com/personal-banking/accounts/360-account.html for more details on the 360 account, as well as the eligibility criteria for opening the account.

If you are heading down to our branches to open the account, please bring along your NRIC.

Should your address in the NRIC differs from your current residential address, you will have to bring documents as a proof of mailing address.

Acceptable documents includes:

1. Bank or Credit Card statement generated/correspondence by a Financial Institution licensed or supervised by the relevant Central Bank.

2. Telephone or Internet bill generated by relevant country’s Telecommunication or Internet Service Provider.

3. Official statement for personal life insurance, property insurance or medical insurance generated by relevant licensed Insurance companies.

4. Correspondence/Document issued from a Government agency

5. Annual Tax Assessment generated by the relevant country’s Inland Revenue Board or Tax Authority.

Do note that all account opening will be subject to review and approval. Generally, account opening does not require you to show your income slip. Should further documents be required, we will get in touch with you.

^DG

woailuo555

Reaction score
Hi OCBC,

If I have 3 different OCBC credit cards (or any credit cards from other banks) and I pay all their bills using my 360 account, are they considered unique bill payment? Do I get the payment bonus interest?

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has encountered BONUS interest for salary not credited even if it was done by giro with 'GIRO - SALARY' reflected :s11:

savinmax

Reaction score
It must be credited from a company, with partial/full real monthly salary.... I think they recognised it as IBG

I think some has tried to do by themselves and just remark it as GIRO-SALARY, it usually wont work..:D:D

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi OCBC,

If I have 3 different OCBC credit cards (or any credit cards from other banks) and I pay all their bills using my 360 account, are they considered unique bill payment? Do I get the payment bonus interest?

Hi woailuo555,

Yes, paying your credit card bills via GIRO or Internet Banking will entitle you to the Payment bonus interest.

You may refer to our website for more details:

-Make at least 3 unique bill payments from this account with OCBC Online Banking using Pay Any Bill and Pay Any Card services or through GIRO. The total bill payment amount must also be at least S$150.

-Multiple payments to the same bill within the calendar month will be considered as a single payment.

https://www.ocbc.com/personal-banking/accounts/360-account.html

^DG

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Anyone has encountered BONUS interest for salary not credited even if it was done by giro with 'GIRO - SALARY' reflected :s11:

Hi tiertime,

Should you have credit your salary of at least S$2,000 via GIRO
with the transaction description "GIRO - SALARY", you should have received the bonus interest.

Do give us a call at 1800 363 3333 if you need assistance on this.

^DG

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
It must be credited from a company, with partial/full real monthly salary.... I think they recognised it as IBG

I think some has tried to do by themselves and just remark it as GIRO-SALARY, it usually wont work..:D:D

Hi savinmax,

You are right! It wouldn't work this way!

^DG

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

yes... its from real company... anyway, i have called the bank and they will look into it, hotline says it did affected some ppl and the bank do a manual credit for them

castafarian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how do i know if the bonus interest for payment of bills is in?

paid 3 bills total more than $150 in august.
payment to other bank credit card is counted, right?

i only see bonus interest for salary credit

Cumzilla

Master Member
Reaction score
how do i know if the bonus interest for payment of bills is in?

paid 3 bills total more than $150 in august.
payment to other bank credit card is counted, right?

i only see bonus interest for salary credit

3 different credit cards from same bank or different bank, cannot be same card 3 different bills

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.