Recommend a nice small bag for a guy to hand-carry on flight

AMD_FREAK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sometimes when I travel, I dump all my things into check-in baggage, except the following items which I will carry onboard :

Bose headphone
Sunglass
Passport
Phone

I have Country Road slingbag but it's too big for these small items.

What would you recommend? Price is not a concern. Note it's for a guy.

chromehead

Banned
Reaction score
for just bare essentials can check out Porter Musette (746-09751), use the item code in google will yield the specific model, images and fit pics.

seems to have good enough organization inside.

need to import, so likely global rakuten unless you know your way around amazon jp, yahoo jp, rakuten etc.

since it is relatively flat not sure how it would handle your headphones' earcups be folded flat (like ath m50).
at most cannot button shut or it forms quite a bulge

chromehead

Banned
Reaction score
then there is the mystery ranch A5

also many nifty organization, think goes for around 125 local at mystery ranch retailers.
the oddball half length flap closure combined with something like a stretchy bottle pocket inside the main compartment allows you to stow a bottle poking out if you choose to half-zip the main section.

personally i think the strap system look fiddly and looks wise not as sleek as the porter musette

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Mystery Ranch Load Cell Shoulder Bag.. not the A5 which looks hideous imo...

Or if you want a backpack, the GORUCK Echo will be fabulous... Prolly will outlast any of your bags as well...

chromehead

Banned
Reaction score
was looking for the Load Cell Shoulder in Foliage some time back as a durable throw-around bag.
now all these early batch colours (coyote etc) like discontinued, current version colours not to my taste :(

never see this model locally before.

nonpareil

Reaction score
https://www.dsptch.com/collections/packs/products/slingpack

PCK-SP-BLK-I_1024x1024.jpg

This is one I would use, aside from a back pack, if you looking for small packs. Love Dsptch stuff and I have 2 of these above.

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
was looking for the Load Cell Shoulder in Foliage some time back as a durable throw-around bag.
now all these early batch colours (coyote etc) like discontinued, current version colours not to my taste :(

never see this model locally before.

Load cell local dun have, nearest is BKk tankstore at 2400 baht, my Sister just helped me check... you can try hornest.sg though.. some dealers do parallel import MR stuffs into sg.. but they import urban assault, java, street fighter but all nv import load cell... idk why they don't as load cell is a very good gaigai sling bag.. not too big not too small..

AMD_FREAK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

I'm thinking of getting this : http://shop.adidas.jp/products/DH0100/

For some reason I can only find it in Adidas Japan website.

I'm traveling to Japan and USA over the next 2 months, wondering where would be the best (cheapest) place to get Adidas products?

chromehead

Banned
Reaction score
Load cell local dun have, nearest is BKk tankstore at 2400 baht, my Sister just helped me check... you can try hornest.sg though.. some dealers do parallel import MR stuffs into sg.. but they import urban assault, java, street fighter but all nv import load cell... idk why they don't as load cell is a very good gaigai sling bag.. not too big not too small..

suburban HK is another source, plum colour actually quite nice too but the pastel cord colour need to diy change.
yea tankstore see before.

global rakuten got chance, but their retail much higher

hornest sold out long ago, either that or they don't bother to update their site.
this MR duno what they did with local distro system, quite some changes. they bring in a5 and the bops but not the load cell shoulder :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.