Johor Bahru - share is caring

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
UNIQLO wise in MY not as cheap vs sg or japan
Maybe due to its exchange rate is soo weak vs others country

Plus japan got the budget UNIQLO called GU too & if Japan got SAle plus tax refunds it's cheaper than sg

pacetone

Reaction score
I've had similar experience with the City Square branch one weekday afternoon. Only a few tables had customers and yet they didn't seem to know what to do/serve. This, despite us speaking partially in Malay too. :s22:

Bad experience at CS branch too and walked out without ordering but the one at Kotaraya was much better.

Sertan

Reaction score
Any recommendations for affordable Snow Skin Durian moon cakes to buy at City Square? Saw many booths ytd but dunno which brand to go for.

Thanks all in advance!

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
I feel Msia mooncakes not as nice as SG ones.

Same, not really nice in Malaysia.

I just bought Fragrance mooncake from qoo10, though made in malaysia, taste 70% to Tai Chong Kok, egg yolk and lotus paste less oily only, uses melon seed instead of pine seeds. :s22:

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw any one make progressive lens before on jb City square ?

Which shop recommends ?
Mostly will brings mine own frame and order the lens

And how long to take to make the lens

sendtolee

Reaction score
Experience on Saturday going to JB

Experience on Saturday going in JB.
Just share yesterday’s experience.

11.30am: Woodlands interchange
11.45am: CIQ. Pretty fast response from thumbprint machine compared to previose experiences. Saw some vendors monitoring at the counter.
11.45am: Queue for bus. Plenty of CW buses and long queues.
12.30pm: Reach JB immigration. Hall was packed full until don’t know is the end of queues. 1 counter can have 2 to 3 queues merging into 1 counter.
2.00pm: Cleared immigration.

City square to Aeon Dato Onn
30-45 minutes by Uber. Yesterday seemed not much Grab car on the road. Plenty of metered Grab taxi. More Uber yesterday.
Level 3 of Aeon Daton Oon are restaurants. Level 1 had Aeon supermarket. Checkout counters not packed like Aeon Tebrau.
Not much available grab/uber at 6pm to go back from Dato Oon. Waited quite a while before got a uber.

Cleared JB customs in 15 minutes. Traffic jam on causeway. Cleared CIQ in 15 minutes. The thumbprint scanner is slower compared to exiting SG.

Hope this helps planning a trip on Saturday.

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just share yesterday’s experience.

11.30am: Woodlands interchange
11.45am: CIQ. Pretty fast response from thumbprint machine compared to previose experiences. Saw some vendors monitoring at the counter.
11.45am: Queue for bus. Plenty of CW buses and long queues.
12.30pm: Reach JB immigration. Hall was packed full until don’t know is the end of queues. 1 counter can have 2 to 3 queues merging into 1 counter.
2.00pm: Cleared immigration.

30-45 minutes by Uber. Yesterday seemed not much Grab car on the road. Plenty of metered Grab taxi. More Uber yesterday.
Level 3 of Aeon Daton Oon are restaurants. Level 1 had Aeon supermarket. Checkout counters not packed like Aeon Tebrau.
Not much available grab/uber at 6pm to go back from Dato Oon. Waited quite a while before got a uber.

Cleared JB customs in 15 minutes. Traffic jam on causeway. Cleared CIQ in 15 minutes. The thumbprint scanner is slower compared to exiting SG.

Hope this helps planning a trip on Saturday.
One off. You manage this kind of timing for consecutive Saturdays then come and advise again. I go JB on an almost weekly basis, trust me you got lucky.

Sent from my toaster oven using GAGT

Ryuichi

Master Member
Reaction score

I was stuck there from 3 to 5 pm yesterday. God, does Saturday noon custom queue also so packed?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

How's Aeon Dato Onn compared with Aeon Tebrau and Bukit Indah? Bigger? Smaller? :)

sendtolee

Reaction score
How's Aeon Dato Onn compared with Aeon Tebrau and Bukit Indah? Bigger? Smaller? :)

Dato Onn is smaller than Tebrau. Many people window shopping and not much buying. Sports planet was having 40% additional off sale price for selected items. Some shops yet to open. Did not see a cinema there, maybe miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.